Im sure we will make cuts and shit.  

Teams always find ways to work the cap. 

Here are the cuts I see happening:

Zeitler +$12mm

Solder +$6.5mm

Tate + $6.0mm

Toilolo +$2.9mm

Pulley +$2.75mm

So if we're at ~-$2mm now, that gets us to ~$28mm.

I further think we should cut Engram, for another $6mm.

We're then left with a rather big gaps on the OL, and also have to choose among Williams and Tomlinson.

I doubt we fix the OL (again) this year. I'm telling you. It's another lost season in 2021. 6-10

18 minutes ago, mastershake said:

Here are the cuts I see happening:

Zeitler +$12mm

Solder +$6.5mm

Tate + $6.0mm

Toilolo +$2.9mm

Pulley +$2.75mm

So if we're at ~-$2mm now, that gets us to ~$28mm.

I further think we should cut Engram, for another $6mm.

We're then left with a rather big gaps on the OL, and also have to choose among Williams and Tomlinson.

I doubt we fix the OL (again) this year. I'm telling you. It's another lost season in 2021. 6-10

We began 1-7 and finished 5-3.... momentum and Judges 2nd year plus getting a better TE will definitely get us a better record.

33 minutes ago, Nas said:

Good OLs aren’t easy to find in FA and whatever is out there is wildly overpriced.   You get a c+ player making a B+ salary.

OLs are best built through the draft and it doesn’t always have to be a 1st round pick.

Except for Bulaga and Glasgow last year.

In year 4 of Dave Gettleman's tenure, we have four offensive line positions to fill, Lol

Way I see the oline, starting tackles will be Thomas and Peart obviously with Solder or someone else as a swing/competition for Peart.   Either restructure Zeitler or cut him and sign someone with a lower cap hit and let them compete with Hernandez and Lemiux,  and center is Gates. 

1 minute ago, Pdouble said:

Way I see the oline, starting tackles will be Thomas and Peart obviously with Solder or someone else as a swing/competition for Peart.   Either restructure Zeitler or cut him and sign someone with a lower cap hit and let them compete with Hernandez and Lemiux,  and center is Gates. 

Here is the current list of starting capable offensive lineman on the Giants Roster

T Andrew Thomas

C Nick Gates (though he's marginal)

3 minutes ago, mastershake said:

Here is the current list of starting capable offensive lineman on the Giants Roster

T Andrew Thomas

I bet the team expects these players to develop and improve. 

1 minute ago, mastershake said:

Kinda like the expectations we had for Will Hernandez and Halapio in 2019.

Yeah and like the expectations we had for Thomas at the beginning of the season.   He was playing poorly but improved his play.  

2 minutes ago, Pdouble said:

Yeah and like the expectations we had for Thomas at the beginning of the season.   He was playing poorly but improved his play.  

He only underperformed due to Columbo fucking him up. 

Going forward, at this point, him and Gates are the only starters on this team, and Gates is only average.

If you're going into the season hoping THREE of your OL positions make a huge leap in development, you've got a problem. 6-10.

3 minutes ago, mastershake said:

He only underperformed due to Columbo fucking him up. 

Going forward, at this point, him and Gates are the only starters on this team, and Gates is only average.

If you're going into the season hoping THREE of your OL positions make a huge leap in development, you've got a problem. 6-10.

I mean I also indicated bringing in competition.   I’m just not going to dismiss players after 1 season, especially this weird covid season. 

2 minutes ago, Pdouble said:

I mean I also indicated bringing in competition.   I’m just not going to dismiss players after 1 season, especially this weird covid season. 

I did not say dismiss, but you can't count on them as reliable starters. We still need to fill gaps on the OL. If we're relying on only one of five OL slots for development, like in my scenario above, I'd feel much better.

1 hour ago, mastershake said:

By the way, where are we getting the money to sign / re-sign all these PFF free agents? Our 2021 cap is currently estimated at -2mm dollars, LOL.

does that reflect the cap contraction? My guess is that ownership and the NFLPA will negotiate a 2021 cap that is equal to 2020, and they'll pass the reduction to the next three or four years pro rata. So everybody will have more space to work with than it seems right now. 

1 hour ago, CrazedDogs said:

does that reflect the cap contraction? My guess is that ownership and the NFLPA will negotiate a 2021 cap that is equal to 2020, and they'll pass the reduction to the next three or four years pro rata. So everybody will have more space to work with than it seems right now. 

Not sure...I believe at this point, Spotrac and all of these sites are making an estimate.

I'm not saying the line was great this year, and I know sacks went up, but they definitely were passing the eye test more often than not during the last eight games.  I wonder how many sacks were the O-lines fault and how many were Engram, Toilolo (who is a very up and down blocker), and the RBs. 

Gates played really well down the stretch, borderline dominant, as did Thomas.  Peart and Limeaux need a little work but we knew they'd need a little work. Time is catching up to Zeitler and we'll need to do something there. 

I think a Thomas, Hernandez/Limeaux, Gates, Pulley, New Guy/Restructured Zeitler, and Peart/Soldier line is pretty capable.  We need a little help there still but it doesn't have to be a wholesale rebuild.  You can do worse than those guys. 

I think those of you wishing for Engram to depart in the offseason are going to be very disappointed.

I also don't think Will Hernandez is going anywhere but back onto the starting lineup next season. Lemieux showed promise but his pass blocking was abysmal.

19 hours ago, boohyah said:

I think those of you wishing for Engram to depart in the offseason are going to be very disappointed.

I also don't think Will Hernandez is going anywhere but back onto the starting lineup next season. Lemieux showed promise but his pass blocking was abysmal.

I forgot where I read this... But they are saying Hernandez played better Lemieux. Which shocked me. because I'm telling, it seemed like the running was way better once the coaching staff replaced Hernandez. I could be wrong. 

On 1/8/2021 at 8:33 AM, mastershake said:

T Andrew Thomas

Gates, I'm growing more convinced, is much more than marginal.

Thomas finished strong too, but Gates was the best on the unit this season.