SportsWrath

PFF predicts Giants free agency

Mr. P

• Mr. P changed the title to PFF predicts Giants free agency
18 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

They're not losing Williams or signing Yannick.

17 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

They are losing Williams and not signing Yannick. 

They're not losing Williams and WILL sign Yannick.  :D

21 minutes ago, Nas said:

They're not losing Williams and WILL sign Yannick.  :D

If somehow DG became a cap guru and did this I would be pretty impressed.

All I'm saying is all of the NFL seen Williams elevate his play this year and with the cap looking like it will decrease by 10 to 15 million, and the Giants could of limited on space. 

I dunno Gettleman will have to pull some magic out of his ass and really have a hell of a pitch/offer ready to make Williams stay.

I think he finds someone willing to give him 15+ a year now, I wouldn't be surprised to see some team giving Williams 18 or 19 a year.

16 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

Yannick is definitely a head case, and we've been trying to get rid of those guys for the past three years.  

This too, dude seems fucking nuts, maybe on a winning team he'd shut up but doubt that would be next year for us.

1 minute ago, mastershake said:

No Offensive Lineman = Another lost season. 6-10

This year's Oline free agency is beyond hot garbage.

Unless someone gets cut unexpectedly which might happen with the cap decrease.

Williams, Thuney and Schrhreff lead the group and don't expect those guys for anything less than 15 million a year and of that bunch Thuney is the only one who has some career left. 

2 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

This year's Oline free agency is beyond hot garbage.

Unless someone gets cut unexpectedly which might happen with the cap decrease.

Williams, Thuney and Schrhreff lead the group and don't expect those guys for anything less than 15 million a year and of that bunch Thuney is the only one who has some career left. 

So then next season is another lost season.

Nice job, Dave Gettleman.

1 minute ago, mastershake said:

So then next season is another lost season.

Nice job, Dave Gettleman.

Well we either sign a bunch abunch of Oline last year and probably have a bottom 10 defense because we don't have Bradberry,Martinez or Williams.

So we are basically the Pats no defense, no WRs, but hey our run game is good.

Or we go into next year fully loaded at WR, RB and still have the defense, while hoping the guys we have invested into the Oline step up like they kinda sorta did by the end of this season. 

Either direction doesn't fill me with confidence lol 

Atleast we have Judge. 

Oh Nate Solder might be back since he's still on the hook for 14 million so he's our savior lol

3 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Well we either sign a bunch abunch of Oline last year and probably have a bottom 10 defense because we don't have Bradberry,Martinez or Williams.

So we are basically the Pats no defense, no WRs, but hey our run game is good.

Or we go into next year fully loaded at WR, RB and still have the defense, while hoping the guys we have invested into the Oline step up like they kinda sorta did by the end of this season. 

Either direction doesn't fill me with confidence lol 

Atleast we have Judge. 

Oh Nate Solder might be back since he's still on the hook for 14 million so he's our savior lol

I already gave you the scenario where we could easily have afforded Bulaga and Glasgow both in 2020 and 2021, without increasing the cap in either year.

2 hours ago, mastershake said:

I already gave you the scenario where we could easily have afforded Bulaga and Glasgow both in 2020 and 2021, without increasing the cap in either year.

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/new-york-giants/

Yes in a scenario where we would only have five guys on the roster lol you math still doesn't add up this past season or next with the roster we have. Your saying that only having 20 million last year would be enough to hold these guys long term.

Giants 2021 cap space (roughly) 9 million dollars lets say 10, with those guys you "cut to save space" not on the books (Ebner, Pulley, Toilololiolol etc) since they are off the team next year regardless.

How can we pay both Bulaga (11.5)  and  Glasgow(12.2)  over 23 million in cap hit in 2021? Cutting Zeitler frees up 10 million, cutting Tate saves 2 million, Engram and Peppers dont count against the cap unless they are on the team past March, so they are zero on the books in this scenario, but they both post 6 million if they are on the team post March.

So we got up to 21 million in cap space cutting Zeitler and Tate, but lets say we let Engram walk but keep Peppers, that's back down to 15 million in cap space.

Keep in mind we havent signed a single free agent yet, and guys like Williams, Tomlinson are still unsigned.

Cut Tiolololol saves 2 million, but now your only TE on the roster is Smith (if Engram is gone)

Cut Dixon saves you 2 million, but now you dont have a punter.

Oh also Baker is due 2.4 million in dead money for being cut, so count that into the cap space as well.

So even with all those guys not on the team you mentioned before, we are still not able to afford both Bulaga and Glasgoe, without keeping guys on the roster, or being very depleted across the board.

Could of probably gotten Bulaga since he's the cheaper of the two but we wouldn't have Martinez, or Peppers next year probably.

Literally Bulaga, Glasgow, Martinez, Bradberry, Barkley alone are over 61 million dollars next year alone, if they were hypothetically on the team.

And we would still have to deal with the cap hell that is Solders contract, hopefully he retires.

1 hour ago, BlueInCanada said:

He would get 120% this past years salary, so about 16 million.

That's not going to happen... Gettleman and Williams made a deal to only tag once. They agreed to terms and Williams signed his one year tag. I doubt Gettlemen tags him again. 

3 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/new-york-giants/

Yes in a scenario where we would only have five guys on the roster lol you math still doesn't add up this past season or next with the roster we have. Your saying that only having 20 million last year would be enough to hold these guys long term.

Giants 2021 cap space (roughly) 9 million dollars lets say 10, with those guys you "cut to save space" not on the books (Ebner, Pulley, Toilololiolol etc) since they are off the team next year regardless.

How can we pay both Bulaga (11.5)  and  Glasgow(12.2)  over 23 million in cap hit in 2021? Cutting Zeitler frees up 10 million, cutting Tate saves 2 million, Engram and Peppers dont count against the cap unless they are on the team past March, so they are zero on the books in this scenario, but they both post 6 million if they are on the team post March.

So we got up to 21 million in cap space cutting Zeitler and Tate, but lets say we let Engram walk but keep Peppers, that's back down to 15 million in cap space.

Keep in mind we havent signed a single free agent yet, and guys like Williams, Tomlinson are still unsigned.

Cut Tiolololol saves 2 million, but now your only TE on the roster is Smith (if Engram is gone)

Cut Dixon saves you 2 million, but now you dont have a punter.

Oh also Baker is due 2.4 million in dead money for being cut, so count that into the cap space as well.

So even with all those guys not on the team you mentioned before, we are still not able to afford both Bulaga and Glasgoe, without keeping guys on the roster, or being very depleted across the board.

Could of probably gotten Bulaga since he's the cheaper of the two but we wouldn't have Martinez, or Peppers next year probably.

Literally Bulaga, Glasgow, Martinez, Bradberry, Barkley alone are over 61 million dollars next year alone, if they were hypothetically on the team.

And we would still have to deal with the cap hell that is Solders contract, hopefully he retires.

We're really doing this again?

I gave you the ~$20mm in cap space in 2020 from not signing Cam Fleming ($3.5mm), Kyler Fackrell ($4.6), Cody Core ($2.0), Nate Ebner ($2.0), Levine Toilolo ($3.25), Dion Lewis ($1.5) + from cutting Spencer Pulley ($2.75mm)

I then said in 2020, I would have cut Nate Solder, to save an additional $6.5mm in 2020 (+ then saves $14mm in 2021) . That gives you $26.5mm in 2020. More than enough in 2020, and then some

For 2021, I said then we cut Zeitler which saves $12mm. $12mm from cutting Zeitler and from Solder the previous season saves you $26mm, more than enough in 2021, and then some.

Plus I said I would not have backloaded Bulaga and Glasgow's contracts as much as they are now.

spotrac has the cap hit vs dead cap numbers (and cap hit minus dead cap is the cap savings if you cut)

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-giants/cap/

16 hours ago, mastershake said:

No Offensive Lineman = Another lost season. 6-10

Good OLs aren’t easy to find in FA and whatever is out there is wildly overpriced.   You get a c+ player making a B+ salary.

OLs are best built through the draft and it doesn’t always have to be a 1st round pick.

10 minutes ago, mastershake said:

By the way, where are we getting the money to sign / re-sign all these PFF free agents? Our 2021 cap is currently estimated at -2mm dollars, LOL.

Im sure we will make cuts and shit.  

Teams always find ways to work the cap.