SportsWrath

Pick #11

BlueInCanada

1 hour ago, Sephiroth said:

There are plenty of good WRs in this draft, and one will be there at #11. I'm happy with BPA though.

Yep.   Other teams seem to do great picking between 11 and 20 anyway.   And honestly given the # of 1st round busts we've had, I no longer care about where we draft with the possible exception of #1 or #2 with a generational talent that's the Clemson QB... This team made strides this year and I'm happy with how things turned out.   I do think we need a stud TE (you know.. someone who can actually catch the ball) to take pressure off DJ.    

1 hour ago, mastershake said:

Davonte Smith looks unlikely. Perhaps Jamaar Chase or Kyle Pitts if we go for a pass catcher?

I think Chase and Smith go in the top 10 but you never know there's going to be some QB needy teams.

Lawrence, Fields, Wilson are supposedly going on the top 10 as well.

So you might see Chase get pushed down or even Smith.

It's a pipe dream but you never know.

If those guys are gone I think you don't take a chance at WR at #11 unless someone has a good combine.

I think you look elsewhere we have a chance at two of the better pass rushers in Rousseau or even Paye.

Also we have a shot at a really good guard in Slater who can basically play any position on the Oline but is a technical mauler guard naturally.

Unfortunately we might have to go after a second round WR but have a chance at the best DE/CB or even IOL in the draft.

50 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

I think Chase and Smith go in the top 10 but you never know there's going to be some QB needy teams.

Lawrence, Fields, Wilson are supposedly going on the top 10 as well.

So you might see Chase get pushed down or even Smith.

It's a pipe dream but you never know.

If those guys are gone I think you don't take a chance at WR at #11 unless someone has a good combine.

I think you look elsewhere we have a chance at two of the better pass rushers in Rousseau or even Paye.

Also we have a shot at a really good guard in Slater who can basically play any position on the Oline but is a technical mauler guard naturally.

Unfortunately we might have to go after a second round WR but have a chance at the best DE/CB or even IOL in the draft.

Chris Olave in the 2nd, the kid from Ohio State, seems like he could be a good fit. 

Terrance Marshall WR from LSU. I had forgotten about him cause I've been on the Ja'Marr Chase bandwagon for at least a year and Davonte Smith really caught my attention. Marshall opted out mid-season but he's a huge target at 6'4". Something we haven't had here in a meaningful capacity since Plax. 

EDIT: "Terrace" Marshall

50 minutes ago, Dragon said:

Terrance Marshall WR from LSU. I had forgotten about him cause I've been on the Ja'Marr Chase bandwagon for at least a year and Davonte Smith really caught my attention. Marshall opted out mid-season but he's a huge target at 6'4". Something we haven't had here ina meaningful capacity since Plax. 

Interesting. I'll have to watch more youtube videos, being the nerd I am.

1 hour ago, mastershake said:

Interesting. I'll have to watch more youtube videos, being the nerd I am.

I'm bringing him up solely as a backup option. Im still firmly on the Chase bandwagon and Smith looks like Beckham. If either falls to us I want them. 

6 hours ago, TrashTalker92 said:

I’m impressed.  6”3, 200 lb and runs 4.5    That’s a yes for me!!  

I didn't watch the entire clip on it seems he doesn't go up for the ball and instead waits for the ball to drop to him... a no no in my book.   Besides I'm on the BPA available bandwagon regardless of position.    I'd like a superb DE or OL, followed by a TE.    The first will make our lives easier getting off the filed... the 2nd and 3rd would do wonders to our offense.   

1 hour ago, Pdouble said:

Terrace is more of a “if he falls to our 2nd pick” kind of picks. 

Honestly, I'd love if we swapped picks with the Niners or the Pats if there's a QB there that either team likes, and picked up an extra 2nd or 3rd.  Use the extra pick to grab a guy like Marquez Stevenson... for my money, he's the most "Odell-like" WR in the draft. 

In the third or maybe second, I love me some Pat Freiermuth... his nickname is "Baby Gronk." Probably should be taken in the 2nd but is having offseason shoulder surgery so he might still be there in the 3rd. 

Tamorrion Terry also intrigues me but he reminds me a little too much of Ramses Barden. 

21 minutes ago, mastershake said:

So no love for Kyle Pitts at #11? And then perhaps Olave or Marshall in the 2nd?

We also get to in the process dump Evan Engram and save $6mm in cap space.

I think Engram's contract is guaranteed, no?

34 minutes ago, mastershake said:

According to Spotrac, the Dead Cap on his $6mm is zero, implying that if we cut him, we save all of the $6mm.

If that's the case it's a pretty easy choice. Try to get a 7th for him but if nobody bites, cut him.

4 hours ago, mastershake said:

Most mocks I've seen have him in the top 15, and several in the top 10.

Yeah... I just saw a couple more videos on this kid. very impressive. His athleticism jump out at you.  I would not be upset if they drafted this kid. I want to see his blocking though.