SportsWrath

Cowboys game thread

UK-Giantsfan

16 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

I mean you look back on it, this team is probably 8-8 ot 9-7 if Engram wasnt the TE.

He's cost this team the Eagles game and he might even cost us this game.

Plus the numerous other turnovers he's caused.

That is what I'm thinking.

Unfortunately Kaden Smith has had his share of mental lapses too... TE might be a thinner position than WR.

I feel comfortable at this point that Jones probably isn't part of the problem. I don't think he's the kind of player who created his own solutions either though.

4 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

So was this season a success?

Definitely had more fun this season than for any recent season... maybe even more than 2016...  so I'll say yes.

We have moved forward.

Judge and the coaching has been excellent

i like the " culture " he has created

0-5 and 1-7 and to come back strongly for a HC in a crazy Covid year was impressive

9 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

Definitely had more fun this season than for any recent season... maybe even more than 2016...  so I'll say yes.

I think in terms of Judge and his coaching staff, yes it was.

They were able to "install" their culture and show the players on the roster what they expect from them.

In terms of players stepping up though? Fuck no lol Outside of a few guys like Gates, Williams, the roster is clearly lacking in many areas still. WR, TE, DB, LB, are still areas of need. Hell add back up RB to the mix as well.

The biggest "win" though I seen was the team played the entire game, unlike MacAttack and Shurmur years where by the end of the first quarter it was 21-3 and the team had already giving up.

It will be interesting to see what happens going forward, at the GM position (Does DG get fired/retire) and what happens with the new GM? Do they come in and clean house? Or are they butt buddies with Judge?

What happens with Garrett and Graham? Garrett only had a one year contract and Graham is going to have HC interviews.

Going to be a fun off season.

19 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

I think so.  They learned how to win.  I did love 2016 though, that defense was awesome all year right up until cobb got away with that hail mary push off at half time of the gb game.

36 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Without the refs we loose lol 

People bitch about them all the time but more often then not they're right.

Yea I agree.  We got 99 problems but the refs ain’t one.

They didn't have to win today for this year to be better. Judge looks to be the right man, more of Gettleman's picks worked out more than didn't and his free agency improved the team. Saquon has been gone all year and that was a huge loss whether you like it or not.

This team needs another solid offseason to upgrade the talent. It's clear that there are some guys starting here that are backup level only, 

3 minutes ago, boohyah said:

They didn't have to win today for this year to be better. Judge looks to be the right man, more of Gettleman's picks worked out more than didn't and his free agency improved the team. Saquon has been gone all year and that was a huge loss whether you like it or not.

This team needs another solid offseason to upgrade the talent. It's clear that there are some guys starting here that are backup level only, 

Yes.   Upgrading the talent on the field should lead to this team not potentialy having to back sneak into the playoffs 

I have no faith in Donald Love and Yiadom back there. Also whilst none of the 20 linebackers we picked up in the draft played that bad, you'd hope one would be diamond in the rough and all I see is a bunch of players who will be backups and special teams players. The team needs to look at Martinez and say, "Okay see what a decent linebacker can do".

5 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

Yes. They did almost everything I had wanted.

This isn't a playoff team no matter what happens tonight and it wasn't reasonable to expect that out of this group. I had hoped that during the second half of the season we'd start to beat the bottom feeders, maybe beat a team better than us, have good coaching, and see Jones make the next step.

Three out of those four things happened, and I'm very content with that. I think the coaching staff in particular is excellent.

15 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Joe Judge presser;

Q: "So are you going to be rooting for the Eagles to win?"

Judge "No, but I am going to the office to start grinding through Bucs tape"

lol this man is the best thing of the whole year.

Your dedication is appreciated.   I went to sleep knowing the Eagles will lose.