Jump to content
SportsWrath

So make the playoffs or potentially pick inside the top 5?


Recommended Posts

id love to see them beat Dallas just to wipe the smile of Jerry Jones's face

i think Philly can beat WFT .....so yes its always good to be in the Divisional race in week 17 with a chance of winning the NFC Least

( and if we are awful and lose again.......top 5 pick ....) ill take those 2 options after a 0-5 and 1-7 start.

Go Blue

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ll take the win and hope for playoff cause anything can happen in the playoffs.  I just hate the cowgirls (and their fans plus jerry).  We were robbed the first matchup, freaking refs just gave them the game.   
 

if we lose, hopefully we can get a chance at that LB from Penn state, Micah.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

I want us to beat Dallas, but miss the playoffs.

I think these last three weeks have demonstrated just how far behind these playoff teams we are. We haven't been remotely competitive in those games and I don't see any reason to drop a dozen draft spots so that we can lose 6-31 to some playoff team.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just beat the Cowboys. And then just wing it - lets see what happens. It doesnt matter where you pick - the highs picks arent exactly stellar and the real gems seem to show up lower down. People were yapping to the high skies about Isiah Simmons last year - he has been below average at best. I really dont care where we pick as long as we have a capable scouting and talent evaluation team under Judge.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

I don't think we can underestimate how valuable it is to build confidence and to get a young team that first taste of playoff level football. Long term, I suspect it's worth so much more than however many draft slots we're talking about here. 

Besides, I think there's a lot of value in the B+ players anyway... and it's not like our 1st rounders have been superstars... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

I don't think we can underestimate how valuable it is to build confidence and to get a young team that first taste of playoff level football. Long term, I suspect it's worth so much more than however many draft slots we're talking about here. 

But what is many of these players are gone by next year? I could understand if we had a young core of players that were going to be here for a number of years, but we are a team full of one year contracts and rookies soon to be looking for a pay day.

DG has put this roster in a really bad spot in terms of continuity.

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

But what is many of these players are gone by next year? I could understand if we had a young core of players that were going to be here for a number of years, but we are a team full of one year contracts and rookies soon to be looking for a pay day.

DG has put this roster in a really bad spot in terms of continuity.

Among the younger core players who could be gone, there's Tomlinson, and..... ?... I'm probably forgetting someone. But its a young team overall, and most of them are going to be back for 2021+.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

Among the younger core players who could be gone, there's Tomlinson, and..... ?... I'm probably forgetting someone. But its a young team overall, and most of them are going to be back for 2021+.

 

Tomlinson, Williams, Gallman, Fackrell, Fleming, Johnson.

Barkley will be heading into his option year.

Peppers in his option year.

Engram in his option year.

Zeitler will be gone, Henandex will be gone, Solder will be gone.

Carter, Hill are 2022 free agents.

And lets not forget all the bench fodder one year players gone this year as well, Lewis, Ebner, Freeman, McCoy, Sheard, Morris, most of the WRs are one year deals as well, Stills, Mack, etc.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Once again DG has put this team in a horrible position for continuity lol

Let's not act like the young guys are playing well either.

This roster still has some developing to do, and I don't think a playoff moral victory run will help it as much as trying to hold onto contributing players.

Also let's not forget that playoff birth mean we might hold into DG :BullShit-1:

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

48 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Tomlinson, Williams, Gallman, Fackrell, Fleming, Johnson.

Barkley will be heading into his option year.

Peppers in his option year.

Engram in his option year.

Zeitler will be gone, Henandex will be gone, Solder will be gone.

Carter, Hill are 2022 free agents.

And lets not forget all the bench fodder one year players gone this year as well, Lewis, Ebner, Freeman, McCoy, Sheard, Morris, most of the WRs are one year deals as well, Stills, Mack, etc.

 

Pretty sure we'll have one of Williams or Tomlinson next season and going forward. 

Most of those guys we could move on from, and in most of those cases chances are we'll move no worse than sideways on their replacement.

Need more good players to contend, but so far as continuity goes, most of the teams best players are young and going to be here through 2021. 

I don't think the whole thing needs to be blown up. We've already done that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

I don't think we can underestimate how valuable it is to build confidence and to get a young team that first taste of playoff level football. Long term, I suspect it's worth so much more than however many draft slots we're talking about here. 

Correct. Getting into the playoffs should do wonders for this team.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/31/2020 at 3:00 PM, BlueInCanada said:

Tomlinson, Williams, Gallman, Fackrell, Fleming, Johnson.

Barkley will be heading into his option year.

Peppers in his option year.

Engram in his option year.

Zeitler will be gone, Henandex will be gone, Solder will be gone.

Carter, Hill are 2022 free agents.

And lets not forget all the bench fodder one year players gone this year as well, Lewis, Ebner, Freeman, McCoy, Sheard, Morris, most of the WRs are one year deals as well, Stills, Mack, etc.

 

This is all true, but honestly, it's better shape than we've been in for a while. Let's not forget a few years ago we were wondering how we'd replace Markus Kuhn and John Jerry.

I think the situation you described is one that most teams are in. Sign a few quality free agents and have a good draft and that covers up many of these worries.

Of course that's a big "if," and I'm not necessarily sure Gettleman is the man for the job.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

This is all true, but honestly, it's better shape than we've been in for a while. Let's not forget a few years ago we were wondering how we'd replace Markus Kuhn and John Jerry.

I think the situation you described is one that most teams are in. Sign a few quality free agents and have a good draft and that covers up many of these worries.

Of course that's a big "if," and I'm not necessarily sure Gettleman is the man for the job.

To me it's more, we're losing players who have contributed and sticking with players who are not even worth the roster spot.

The one years guys, as you mentioned, are on any team, you find vets and journymen to fill in depth and that happens every year, however the guys I did list, Tomlison, Williams, Fackrell, Flemming even, as well as the possibility of losing Peppers after next year, leaves some massive holes on this team that currently do not have anyone to step up into those roles.

But that's whats fun about a team like the Giants their roster is about half way at this point, just need to keep drafting and signing players to get it the rest of the way.

I'm just not confident DG is the guy to do it, nor do I feel like the new GM is going to come in and say "WOW look at all these great players, I'm totally not going to throw out 85% of the roster like my predecessor did"

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sephiroth said:

This is all true, but honestly, it's better shape than we've been in for a while. Let's not forget a few years ago we were wondering how we'd replace Markus Kuhn and John Jerry.

I think the situation you described is one that most teams are in. Sign a few quality free agents and have a good draft and that covers up many of these worries.

Of course that's a big "if," and I'm not necessarily sure Gettleman is the man for the job.

lets not forget the halcyon days of Marshall Newhouse. 

hahaha, I got so much shit about my irrational Markus Kuhn enthusiasm. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...