SportsWrath

Looks good in Giants blue.

BlueInCanada

okay.... okay.... that's the first I've watched of Devonta Smith.  Sign me up.

Two things stand out to me.... one, he has a ridiculous blend of long speed and quicks. Does anybody else see a young Marvin Harrison? That's who those college highlights remind me of. And two, he plays smart. A number of those highlights begin AL showing some sort of screen play, and Smith fakes a block - dudes arguably the most dangerous WR in college, and he's got cornerbacks biting on a block fake. How? That's the kind of game that translates to the NFL. 

Only worry is he's rail thin. I'll likely pull up some full game film, I want to see how he protects himself out there. But if he plays as smart with his own body as he demonstrated in those highlights, in his play fakes and route running, then I expect to see a player we can trust. 

On 1/2/2021 at 11:02 AM, Sephiroth said:

I love him but I'm really worried about that thin frame. You can't really send a guy like that across the middle.

You dont send your star WRs across the middle lol

That's what your TEs and slot guys are for.

But I do agree his lack of size/frame could be an issue, I just don't see it as big of an issure with his speed/quickness and route running ability.

I see his as a Victor Cruz with way more upside.

On 1/2/2021 at 12:37 PM, CrazedDogs said:

okay.... okay.... that's the first I've watched of Devonta Smith.  Sign me up.

Two things stand out to me.... one, he has a ridiculous blend of long speed and quicks. Does anybody else see a young Marvin Harrison? That's who those college highlights remind me of. And two, he plays smart. A number of those highlights begin AL showing some sort of screen play, and Smith fakes a block - dudes arguably the most dangerous WR in college, and he's got cornerbacks biting on a block fake. How? That's the kind of game that translates to the NFL. 

Only worry is he's rail thin. I'll likely pull up some full game film, I want to see how he protects himself out there. But if he plays as smart with his own body as he demonstrated in those highlights, in his play fakes and route running, then I expect to see a player we can trust. 

I'll tell you what, he doesn't play small. That string bean motherfucker will block downfield. I'm definitely still worried though... pro ball is a different game.

Find me a Metcalf type mofo - I want some stellar dude to pull some minor stupid shit off the field so his stock drops and then we pick him up for cheap and he goes on to be one of the best WRs in the game. Some really black black dude along the lines of MMSFHs preferences

8 hours ago, Iceman_NYG said:

Find me a Metcalf type mofo - I want some stellar dude to pull some minor stupid shit off the field so his stock drops and then we pick him up for cheap and he goes on to be one of the best WRs in the game. Some really black black dude along the lines of MMSFHs preferences

I agree with this.   A few years ago I was pulling my hair out when the Giants passed on Tyrann Mathieu.

8 hours ago, NeMesiS said:

Whoever is number 16... draft him immediately! That’s a mans man! 

Why?   Evidently not very smart.   Will cost us a few games with stupid penalties and won't last long because no one's body is made of steel.  

The tight end from Ohio State#88  had some great hands last night until he got knocked the fuck out.   I really could not believe he stayed in the game, he was legit blacked out for 1-2 seconds.   Did not even take a play off.   

If he has any brain activity left, he would look good in blue

50 minutes ago, mastershake said:

I honestly wouldn't mind if we drafted Patrick Surtain Jr at #11. He's been solid this season, and did real well last night. Hopefully his long speed checks out but he could be James Bradberry #2 on this team.

Surtain wouldn't disappointment me at #11.

Get a pass rusher round 2 like Basham and suddenly we have a pretty fucking stout defense. 

1 hour ago, mastershake said:

I honestly wouldn't mind if we drafted Patrick Surtain Jr at #11. He's been solid this season, and did real well last night. Hopefully his long speed checks out but he could be James Bradberry #2 on this team.

Yeah I suggested him right when our draft position came out.   

• 3 months later...