SportsWrath

Bradberry on Covid list.

BlueInCanada

19 minutes ago, Pdouble said:

Is Love actually playing corner again?

They might throw him back there since McKinney is healthy.

Let McKinney get experience at safety.

Love has experience on the outside.

Would make sense anyways.

Otherwise who's the next corner up? I know we just signed some practice squad guy.

Unless Holmes is healthy but last I read he's still questionable.

4 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Otherwise who's the next corner up? I know we just signed some practice squad guy.

Sounds like they are gonna have to get creative. 

6 minutes ago, Pdouble said:

Sounds like they are gonna have to get creative. 

"And what's this? Patrick Graham has Dexter Lawrence and Leonard Williams lining up on the outside as the starting corners?!??! Troy have you ever seen anything like this?"

"I dunno Joe but if Patrick Mahomes was the QB I would of blown him six times by now"

Yeah it sucks, but honesty the playoffs were kind of a pipe dream, albeit a really fun one. We're a year away from truly being competitive still. If we beat Dallas for the season finale the team will have done everything I had wanted this season. I really can't complain. 

And if somehow we win, even better. 

32 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

Yeah it sucks, but honesty the playoffs were kind of a pipe dream, albeit a really fun one. We're a year away from truly being competitive still. If we beat Dallas for the season finale the team will have done everything I had wanted this season. I really can't complain. 

And if somehow we win, even better. 

I mean that's pretty much it, we just wanted to see a team get competitive  under a new coach and staff, something we haven't seen since Coughlin was here.

And in that regard Judge and this team is a success.

The players have bought into his program they have fought and won in some pretty tough situations.

Like you said just need to get some more talent (mostly at the skill positions on both sides) and we can really see what this team and Judge can do.

11 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

I mean that's pretty much it, we just wanted to see a team get competitive  under a new coach and staff, something we haven't seen since Coughlin was here.

And in that regard Judge and this team is a success.

The players have bought into his program they have fought and won in some pretty tough situations.

Like you said just need to get some more talent (mostly at the skill positions on both sides) and we can really see what this team and Judge can do.

I'd really love if we signed a #1 WR in free agency, then drafted another guy in the first.  Having two threats in the WR corps I think is really the missing piece on offense now, along with Barkley (and assuming the O-line is November-December's version and not whatever the fuck that was last week). 

If Ja'Marr Chase is somehow available you have to take that guy.  Watching him play, it's like somebody put Hakeem Nicks and Victor Cruz in a blender.  I really like that Waddle kid too;  he's a "take a 6-yard slant to the house" kinda guy. 

41 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

I'd really love if we signed a #1 WR in free agency, then drafted another guy in the first.  Having two threats in the WR corps I think is really the missing piece on offense now, along with Barkley (and assuming the O-line is November-December's version and not whatever the fuck that was last week). 

If Ja'Marr Chase is somehow available you have to take that guy.  Watching him play, it's like somebody put Hakeem Nicks and Victor Cruz in a blender.  I really like that Waddle kid too;  he's a "take a 6-yard slant to the house" kinda guy. 

Chase and Devonte Smith are my two guys. Chase is just a freak of nature and Smith looks like the next Tyreek Hill.

But Waddle is another interesting name as well.

They are the three best WRs in the draft and I expect two of them to go in the top 10 probably all three in the top 15.

Good year if you want a dynamic WR.

8 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Chase and Devonte Smith are my two guys. Chase is just a freak of nature and Smith looks like the next Tyreek Hill.

But Waddle is another interesting name as well.

They are the three best WRs in the draft and I expect two of them to go in the top 10 probably all three in the top 15.

Good year if you want a dynamic WR.

I think you might be mixing up Smith and Waddle but yeah, I'm on board with this sentiment.  The only thing I don't like about Smith is his build, but if he gets to the combine with an extra 15lbs of muscle without losing speed I'd be all for drafting him as well.   Watching film of him the guy seems to do everything, but I'm worried at 175 lbs he's going to get killed across the middle in the NFL. 

In round 2 I like Terrace Marshall as a big-bodied guy that can make the contested catch, or Marquez Stevenson if you want an Odell-lite.  Both of those guys have really great body control.  Tamorrion Terry needs work on the jump ball but I like his size and speed as well. 

1 minute ago, mastershake said:

Well at least we'll get a higher draft pick, lol.

I kinda didn't want to win the division and make the playoffs. The team was going nowhere anyway.

It would of been a fun capper to a wild year to get into the playoffs.

Sure the draft pick is nice but a distraction like that from this fucking stupid year of 2020 would of been nice as well lol

I am worried with Jones durability. That winning streak got me exciting again and I think Jones could be a very good NFL qb. I don't knowif he can stay healthy and I wish we went a different way in that draft and gave Eli all of last season to tank.

18 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

sounds like you were on the right train of thought. 

On a related note, just thinking ahead. Yiadom has been decent and if I'm not mistaken is signed in 2021. Do consider him our CB2 next year. 

Reason I ask is, the more I think about our upcoming draft and free agency, the more I think the priorities lie elsewhere besides CB. For instance, re signing one of Tomlinson or Williams (I prefer Williams), we clearly have a need at WR, pass rusher, and I still say we need a solid Guard on this team to replace an aging and regressing Zeitler who's not worth his $14mm cap hit. 

We probably have cap space to sign two of these priority positions, then use top picks on the others. I just can't see these resources being used on a corner. Maybe mid round picks or lesser free agents (eg a guy like Brian Poole) for depth.

2 minutes ago, mastershake said:

On a related note, just thinking ahead. Yiadom has been decent and if I'm not mistaken is signed in 2021. Do consider him our CB2 next year. 

Reason I ask is, the more I think about our upcoming draft and free agency, the more I think the priorities lie elsewhere besides CB. For instance, re signing one of Tomlinson or Williams (I prefer Williams), we clearly have a need at WR, pass rusher, and I still say we need a solid Guard on this team to replace an aging and regressing Zeitler who's not worth his $14mm cap hit. 

We probably have cap space to sign two of these priority positions, then use top picks on the others. I just can't see these resources being used on a corner. Maybe mid round picks or lesser free agents (eg a guy like Brian Poole) for depth.

Could probably get someone who can compete for the no.2 spot for not too much.    

I wouldn’t be mad at a top pick being used on one either.    But I also wouldn’t be mad if a top pick wasn’t used.  

2 minutes ago, Pdouble said:

Could probably get someone who can compete for the no.2 spot for not too much.    

I wouldn’t be mad at a top pick being used on one either.    But I also wouldn’t be mad if a top pick wasn’t used.  

Yeah, I would prioritize elsewhere, but I wouldn't be upset with a high pick or big or mid tier free agent signing at CB. Are people thinking Yiadom has been sub par?

Just now, mastershake said:

Yeah, I wouldn't be upset with a high pick or big free agent signing at CB. Are people thinking Yiadom has been sub par?

It seems he’s shown ability.  But it’s only like a few games.  Wouldn’t want to put all my eggs in that basket.  But I’d def want him to have a real chance at winning the job. 

3 minutes ago, Pdouble said:

It seems he’s shown ability.  But it’s only like a few games.  Wouldn’t want to put all my eggs in that basket.  But I’d def want him to have a real chance at winning the job. 

Plus, I am considering Sam Beal a bust at this point. I hope he proves me wrong.

1 minute ago, mastershake said:

Plus, I am considering Sam Beal a bust at this point. I hope he proves me wrong.

I sadly am too at this point.     If he shows up to camp and blows everyone’s tits off that would just be an awesome bonus at this point. 

Yiadom has really impressed as a pick up on the outside.

He's doesn't have the speed Bradberry does but he's physical at the line and uses his hands well to try to break up the pass.

He's had plays where guys have blown by him but also plays where he makes a great effort on a pass defection.

This week will be a big test for him but I have no problem with him competing for the spot again next year against a FA signing or Holmes even.

I'd rather the Giants not use a high round pick on a CB.

We still have guys like Bellantine, Beal, Love and Mckinney who can play the DB roles.

But maybe a vet FA pick up on a one or two year contract to provide some depth at CB or late round pick.

Also respect to Graham and DBs coach Henderson.

They lost Baker and Beal at the start of the year and got a last minute signing in Ryan and turned what we have on the roster into a functioning secondary.

Hopefully Graham sticks around another year and I like Henderson as the DBs coach, he coached some good guys in Atlanta and Dallas.

21 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Yiadom has really impressed as a pick up on the outside.

He's doesn't have the speed Bradberry does but he's physical at the line and uses his hands well to try to break up the pass.

He's had plays where guys have blown by him but also plays where he makes a great effort on a pass defection.

This week will be a big test for him but I have no problem with him competing for the spot again next year against a FA signing or Holmes even.

I'd rather the Giants not use a high round pick on a CB.

We still have guys like Bellantine, Beal, Love and Mckinney who can play the DB roles.

But maybe a vet FA pick up on a one or two year contract to provide some depth at CB or late round pick.

No more Ballentine. He is with the Jets now. I also wouldn't count on Beal. As P-Dub pointed out, anything we get out of Beal next season is found money.

I agree though, considering our other priorities, probably best to bring in a vet FA for CB depth, and/or mid-late round picks.