SportsWrath

Judge and Co fucked up this game.

BlueInCanada

Guys, let's step back before this escalates and someone ends up calling someone else D***.  I think we can all agree that Nas is a smug bastard, but that doesn't mean his experience doesn't matter.  Gotta admit, yoga for an active soft tissue tear/strain seems shady, but I'm no doctor, nor am I a Nas. 

33 minutes ago, Virginia Giant said:

Guys, let's step back before this escalates and someone ends up calling someone else D***.  I think we can all agree that Nas is a smug bastard, but that doesn't mean his experience doesn't matter.  Gotta admit, yoga for an active soft tissue tear/strain seems shady, but I'm no doctor, nor am I a Nas. 

VG, I don't think you needed to say you all agree... etc (I don't think anyone should speak for everyone)... I think that was out of bounds for you to say.    I get it.. I'm the immigrant Arab guy who may be doesn't belong in the same running as you white folks... I fucking get it... maybe that's why think of me as "smug"... I'm now north of 40 and have seen the likes of PTrash in real life... jealous beyond belief... I guess it comes with the territory.    I can see I'm not allowed to disagree and defend my opinion as I see fit... You know... that makes me "smug".   Whereas everyone else can agree to disagree with no problem whatsoever.  

I do appreciate the articulate way you told PDoub you agree with me and that he (and by extension his wife which he brought into this) is full shit.   Maybe you wanted to soften the blow on him by saying you agree I'm "smug"... whatever the fuck that means.    

I have been to physical therapists who have made things worse for me... not everyone is great at what they do.   We also know the medical profession is so vast with a myriad of specialties than just being a "doctor" doesn't qualify you to be Mr or Mrs know it all... that's why there are specialties.   

I would like to take the time to apologize to the board for not having been born on third base... not even on 1st... shit... not even in the ballpark... I had no room for error so maybe I am a little more uptight/smug than the average white boy born in the US... 

I'm basing my opinion on the advice of the doctors who have treated me... that's not someone else's injuries.. it's my own injuries and experiences.   I've had my share of concussions, hamstring injuries and some of those have resulted in surgeries primarily torn meniscus in 2004 and torn Achilles in 2010 (3x broken noses in 90s 2 sports related and one in basic training).    I don't pull info out of my ass nor do I need to misrepresent other people's takes.    An opinion of one doctor can be different from another doctor... I go by both what my doctors have told me and by my own experiences with the injury... and how I was yelled out for violating doctor's instructions and trying to rush back (I loved the game of football and being on the sidelines ate me up inside... I tried to play before the 3 weeks that the doctor has ordered were over).   To this day when we get together, my friends mock how I fell face first in the middle of the field with no one around me (meaning no one tackled me) after a sever hamstring in jury.... Over 14 years later and they still laugh at that one.... Yet some asshole on here is going to label me as "internet guy"... nothing else in life matters.  It doesn't matter what life experiences have been... no no no wifey... let's just call him "internet guy" and go hahaha and yes I'm sure my doctor wife would call then turn around call that "internet guy" a "loser"... even though she knows nothing about him... 

2 hours ago, Nas said:

Wrong.   "Said Injury" as in hamstring pulls/tears.    Hamstrings need to heal first before you can stretch them... stretching them makes it worse... I know... been there... done that.. yelled at.   

Actually Nas, it really is true that folks rehab hammy injuries with stretching. My grandfather, who got big into competitive cycling and weight lifting in his retirement (and set national records in both events - he was super fit into his late 80s, at which point his hips said, nah son, you're done) did it very successfully after a hamstring tear. If it works for an 80 year old it works for anyone.

Basically the thinking was, get everything so flexible that he couldn't tear it further if he tried. It was so funny when he could get his injured leg back to his ear, and his healthy leg was only half as flexible. Totally worked great and is supposedly the standard treatment so long as it isn't a severe tear.

12 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

Actually Nas, it really is true that folks rehab hammy injuries with stretching. My grandfather, who got big into competitive cycling and weight lifting in his retirement (and set national records in both events - he was super fit into his late 80s, at which point his hips said, nah son, you're done) did it very successfully after a hamstring tear. If it works for an 80 year old it works for anyone.

Basically the thinking was, get everything so flexible that he couldn't tear it further if he tried. It was so funny when he could get his injured leg back to his ear, and his healthy leg was only half as flexible. Totally worked great and is supposedly the standard treatment so long as it isn't a severe tear.

CD, I'm not disagreeing with you.   Yoga can do wonders to prevent or lessen the impact of hamstring injuries.    My contention as per my doctor's advice is that while you're suffering the injury, it's best to let the hamstring heal first before trying to stretch it etc.... I suffered my first hamstring in jury back in 2002... that was the peak of my fitness... Admittedly I hardly stretched before games (full tackle football games)... the injury was so fucking bad that my hamstring looked like a bunched up wet towel... so fucking bad that they took me to the ER... the doctor in the ER told me flat out it was bad and that I needed to lay off it.... Yes after it heals, I better stretch and stretch regularly... but while it's torn, he explained, it's like the fabric of a dress shirt with a tear in it... if you try to pull it, you will make that tear worse.   

I think you and I are on the same page here... Please don't text your wife :cry:

I’m just jealous I didn’t commit a felony at the age of 13( or 14 or 16, can’t keep track since it changed so many times) by lying to the United States military and defrauding them for thousands of tuition money.  

or am I jealous I didn’t come up with that bullshit story first?

Lol, Nas the only thing my wife is good for is the latest bitmoji. 

Nah I agree with all you just said right there. Hammy injuries have a entire spectrum of severity. The athletic gene skipped me, but I've had a couple hamstring dings too. One of them was a let it rest issue, and another was a warm it up and stretch through it issue. It just depends, and as for how that fits in with Jones --- I don't think we know one way or the other which level injury he had. 

Like Shred would say: I earned mine.   Fuck you.   I served.   Honorable discharge.   Then served again in National Guard while in school and while washing dishes at a restaurant 12 hours a day 6 days a week... no "room and board"... not that kind of party.   Earned every penny.   I earned mine.   FUCK YOU!!!

Just now, CrazedDogs said:

Lol, Nas the only thing my wife is good for is the latest bitmoji. 

Nah I agree with all you just said right there. Hammy injuries have a entire spectrum of severity. The athletic gene skipped me, but I've had a couple hamstring dings too. One of them was a let it rest issue, and another was a warm it up and stretch through it issue. It just depends, and as for how that fits in with Jones --- I don't think we know one way or the other which level injury he had. 

Admittedly I was an athletic freak... for a mini me lol.

What I recall my doctor saying is that it's best to err on the side of caution... there are these tiny tiny tears that may not be detected by an MRI or CT Scan (mind you most of the time no MRI or CT scan is done anyway)... and sine you don't want to make things worse, it's best to just let it rest.   I was (still is) OCD about being active and wanting to play ball... so much so that I risked reinjury and played anyway... and guess what happened... I ended up in that same ER with another one.

1 minute ago, CrazedDogs said:

I think it's interesting that the new conventional wisdom seems to be that stretching before activity is harmful. We ALWAYS did that. Before every practice or gym class, stretch those cold hammies kids!

Yea I think at young ages we're all guilty of taking things for granted... we never stretch enough because it's boring... that's why it's best to warm up before jumping into the game full speed.   Even now when I run, I walk first... I walk for a mile before staring my runs... and it feels great. 

6 minutes ago, Nas said:

Yea I think at young ages we're all guilty of taking things for granted... we never stretch enough because it's boring... that's why it's best to warm up before jumping into the game full speed.   Even now when I run, I walk first... I walk for a mile before staring my runs... and it feels great. 

Haha, I walk for at least a quarter mile before I run too, and my kids make fun of me - 'oh you call that running, dad? Looked like walking from here.' 

It helps though. 

Just now, CrazedDogs said:

Haha, I walk for at least a quarter mile before I run too, and my kids make fun of me - 'oh you call that running, dad? Looked like walking from here.' 

It helps though. 

Big time... last time I ran it wasn't planned.  I had my heavy coat on and was holding a folded umbrella... saw myself warmed up and decided to just run (felt like Forrest Gump).   In the park, a teenager ran by me and I decided to keep up.. which I did... except the heavy coat got me too hot so I had to slow down... besides I didn't want the kid to think I was stalking him... but the Napoleon complex kicked in... lol. 

13 minutes ago, Pdouble said:

Yeah, earned the Author Emeritus Award for Fantasy and Science Fictiom writing. 

It's fine... I do feel you're utterly jealous of me... that's what haters do.    Look we're roughly the same age... and I'm a few miles ahead of you in pretty much every category on the check list.   You've been on my dick since the time you thought I called you racist... which I didn't or at least didn't mean to.   I've put up with your stalking and your bullshit since... thinking you will get over it... but like a fucking creep you didn't and won't.   I stand by my opinions and my life experiences.    My resume, and my bank accounts (yea plural), as well as my social status speak volumes...

Come to think of it, you still trash Bleedin even though he's left this board years ago... Remember that's the same Bleedin who trashed everything about me... yet it was me who tracked him and called him and even spoke to his mom to make sure he's ok.    You just can't seem to let go of hate... you're an asshole of utter proportions... I'm just that immigrant who came from a couple of miles behind you and zoomed right by you like the road runner beep beep.... left you in the dust... But instead of learning from me (as I learn from those around me), you decided hate is the easier route... and you've been hanging on to my left nut since.    

In this topic in which you had to bring in your wife, there was a push back against your bullshit from both VG and CD stating... well "Maybe Nas isn't completely wrong after all"... because man you getting your wife support made you feel invincible.   Learn to respect the fact that other people may have a different opinion than yours or your wife... and that maybe those people have doctors too and have actually suffered the injuries in question.    But that's neither here or there.  

I earned mine.  Fuck you!!!   

Yeah man.. when you have lived the life I have, your stories will be cool too.   

• Every fired a machine gun from a helicopter?   
  • Ever fell from a helicopter?   
  • Ever scored 10 out of 11 goals in a championship game?   
  • Ever had a bullet land 6 inches away from your body?   
  • Ever crawled when bullets were flying overhead you can hear them zoom by you?   
  • Ever had an M1 run over your foxhole yet you somehow survived?   
  • Ever fell from a pick up truck going 60 mph?   
  • Ever saved a child's life from a burning building?
  • Ever saved a woman's life from a horrific car crash?   
  • Ever made it to upper management in your 30s?
  • Ever pulled over a drunk driver, made him get into your passenger seat while your friend drove his car to drive him to his home to make sure he got home safely?

Sincerely,

Internet Guy aka "loser"

56 minutes ago, Nas said:

Yeah man.. when you have lived the life I have, your stories will be cool too.   

• Every fired a machine gun from a helicopter?   
  • Ever fell from a helicopter?   
  • Ever scored 10 out of 11 goals in a championship game?   
  • Ever had a bullet land 6 inches away from your body?   
  • Ever crawled when bullets were flying overhead you can hear them zoom by you?   
  • Ever had an M1 run over your foxhole yet you somehow survived?   
  • Ever fell from a pick up truck going 60 mph?   
  • Ever saved a child's life from a burning building?
  • Ever saved a woman's life from a horrific car crash?   
  • Ever made it to upper management in your 30s?
  • Ever pulled over a drunk driver, made him get into your passenger seat while your friend drove his car to drive him to his home to make sure he got home safely?

Sincerely,

Internet Guy aka "loser"

giphy.gif?w=364

Yo this post is fuckin fantastic dude.  

are all those little tales As true, More true, or Less true than the one where you joined the army when you were... fuck it we will just say early teens since that detail changed enough times. 

Ha, you know you're losing when you starting posting memes... or worse ask your wife to come save your ass.... only to have that ass slapped by two other posters.    I won't have to search the internet for a meme this one is good enough :LMAO:

17 minutes ago, Nas said:

Ha, you know you're losing when you starting posting memes... or worse ask your wife to come save your ass.... only to have that ass slapped by two other posters.    I won't have to search the internet for a meme this one is good enough :LMAO:

My wife save my ass?   If there’s disagreement about a subject, and you happened to be married to an expert on that subject, why wouldn’t you ask her?   

Maybe you’re still learning how to actually respect women, though you’ve been here long enough. 

so how old were you actually when you joined the army?   Because you either committed a felony and defrauded the us military,  or you’re simply a liar.    We all know it’s not true, but humor us, how old were you?

5 minutes ago, Pdouble said:

My wife save my ass?   If there’s disagreement about a subject, and you happened to be married to an expert on that subject, why wouldn’t you ask her?   

Maybe you’re still learning how to actually respect women, though you’ve been here long enough. 

so how old were you actually when you joined the army?   Because you either committed a felony and defrauded the us military,  or you’re simply a liar.    We all know it’s not true, but humor us, how old were you?

Who the fuck are you to ask me personal questions?   Would you like to know how big my dick is too?   My personal life is none of your business.    

Now back to the subject which you got bitch slapped on:

My doctors contradict your wife's take... I trust my doctors over some internet guy's wife who calls a person she knows nothing about a loser.... sound like sour grapes.  

Yea I'm some Arab who can't even speak proper English.. you know how we treat our women... teach me white guy.... I only know Jerry Springer.   What a fucking asshole loser you are.   You can't just debate and agree to disagree.   You're so fixated on my nuts that you had to post images of you texting your wife?  Like somehow your wife can overrule every medical advice I've gotten?    And what about what VG and CD said... basically telling you you're full of shit...  just not as bluntly.

Fuck you, I earned mine.  

12 minutes ago, Nas said:

Who the fuck are you to ask me personal questions?   Would you like to know how big my dick is too?   My personal life is none of your business.    

Now back to the subject which you got bitch slapped on:

My doctors contradict your wife's take... I trust my doctors over some internet guy's wife who calls a person she knows nothing about a loser.... sound like sour grapes.  

Yea I'm some Arab who can't even speak proper English.. you know how we treat our women... teach me white guy.... I only know Jerry Springer.   What a fucking asshole loser you are.   You can't just debate and agree to disagree.   You're so fixated on my nuts that you had to post images of you texting your wife?  Like somehow your wife can overrule every medical advice I've gotten?    And what about what VG and CD said... basically telling you you're full of shit...  just not as bluntly.

Fuck you, I earned mine.  

tenor.gif

Lol why be shy now?   You talked about it before how you joined the army at 15 at 13 at 14. 

2 minutes ago, Pdouble said:

Lol why be shy now?   You talked about it before how you joined the army at 15 at 13 at 14. 

Me mad?  Why?   Compared to you I'm rich... quite successful actually.   The fact I don't want to discuss with you my personal life is my choice.   Tell me again why I would be mad?   I can show you a few accounts with 6 figures.... 

What you're doing is easy... google some stupid meme and post it here (I be you dress like that guy too lol).    You won't admit you needed your wife to back you up on a simple topic that you could just agree to disagree.   Why are you resorting to asking personal questions that are not relevant to the topic... a topic I bitched slapped you on.   Just like a bitch slap you on ANY category you can think of... 

How come you never texted your wife both VG's and CD's remarks?   I'd like to see her call them losers too.