Jump to content
SportsWrath

Judge and Co fucked up this game.


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

in retrospect, maybe that was the point..... to give Jones some experience playing with one leg tied behind his back. 

He'll be better for it in the long run. In theory.

And upon further review, I think that Golden sack-fumble was on Jones. That was a breakdown in the blocking scheme, and I think the QB is making the call on that.... Jones miscounted and didn't identify that Golden was unaccounted for. The play action took Gallman away from the free rusher. I think that has to be up to the QB to identify pre-snap.

 

Listen I'm all for getting Jones more experience in the pocket, or telling him to stay home and not run so much, but do it when he's not coming off a hamstring injury that's so easily can be reinjured (which he did) and now we are facing McCoy vs the Browns and Jones misses ANOTHER game.

Granted it doesn't matter who the QB is in Garretts system, he's a run first coach in a pass first league, and it shows with the 31st ranked offense.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

in retrospect, maybe that was the point..... to give Jones some experience playing with one leg tied behind his back. 

He'll be better for it in the long run. In theory.

And upon further review, I think that Golden sack-fumble was on Jones. That was a breakdown in the blocking scheme, and I think the QB is making the call on that.... Jones miscounted and didn't identify that Golden was unaccounted for. The play action took Gallman away from the free rusher. I think that has to be up to the QB to identify pre-snap.

 

If the Giants went in there thinking like your first line suggests, I would fire the lot tomorrow. That's irresponsible.

Judge has made it clear since day one they prepare for the opponent weekly, a la Bellichek. If they felt Jones wasn't ready to take that chance, he wouldn't have played. When this season have you seen them rush a guy back from injury. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Jones has played in 25 career games.

In all but one he had multiple rushing attempts.

Guess which one he didn't have a single rushing attempt?

It's almost like he was playing hurt.

Jones has won 2 games this year running less than 20 yards. It's a plus but not the deciding factor. The problem yesterday was that the guys who should have been running the ball earlier, were not getting the ball. The offensive balance was gone very early in the game yesterday. That shit happens every team , happened with Parcellls and Coughlin. We never got going.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, boohyah said:

If the Giants went in there thinking like your first line suggests, I would fire the lot tomorrow. That's irresponsible.

Judge has made it clear since day one they prepare for the opponent weekly, a la Bellichek. If they felt Jones wasn't ready to take that chance, he wouldn't have played. When this season have you seen them rush a guy back from injury. 

You haven't, so I doubt they felt this was a rush either. Jones had plenty of arm too so it's not like he was trying to play QB without the ability to throw. 

It's the NFL, everyone is hurting this time of year. The ability to play, and play well (enough), despite the dings, is what keeps guys in the league for ten years plus. Sooner or later, we were going to see what Jones has when he doesn't have the advantage of his mobility. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

You haven't, so I doubt they felt this was a rush either. Jones had plenty of arm too so it's not like he was trying to play QB without the ability to throw. 

It's the NFL, everyone is hurting this time of year. The ability to play, and play well (enough), despite the dings, is what keeps guys in the league for ten years plus. Sooner or later, we were going to see what Jones has when he doesn't have the advantage of his mobility. 

 

Except... the hamstring injury is a different animal... it's not about pain tolerance... It's not about adrenaline which I think you can work with with most injuries.. except maybe a hamstring or a concussion.... To come back from a hamstring injury is 3 weeks minimum which means missing 2 weeks minimum and coming back with maybe one or 2 days practice.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Nas said:

Except... the hamstring injury is a different animal... it's not about pain tolerance... It's not about adrenaline which I think you can work with with most injuries.. except maybe a hamstring or a concussion.... To come back from a hamstring injury is 3 weeks minimum which means missing 2 weeks minimum and coming back with maybe one or 2 days practice.

Unless you have duct tape.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Tempest said:

Yes the correct answer was yoga  :barman:

Or that fucking river dance ballet shit that Eli used to do before every practice and game - looked funny as hell but every single player swore that it also effective as hell.

Maybe we've spoilt by the Iron Man's durability, but Danny's durability is starting to worry me - this is what his 3rd injury resulting in missing games in his 2nd year??

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Iceman_NYG said:

Or that fucking river dance ballet shit that Eli used to do before every practice and game - looked funny as hell but every single player swore that it also effective as hell.

Maybe we've spoilt by the Iron Man's durability, but Danny's durability is starting to worry me - this is what his 3rd injury resulting in missing games in his 2nd year??

His mobility is a double edge sword in that regard.  I'm hoping he will not have to run around as much next season.  I predict the Browns send back Beckham Jr along with a seventh round pick, no questions asked.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nas said:

Wrong.  Yoga helps prevent said injury not heal it.  


 

Wrong.  Yoga is used all the time in physical therapy to heal injuries.  Especially hamstring sprains because it gets you using muscles you should be using instead of the hamstring get all the brunt. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Pdouble said:


 

Wrong.  Yoga is used all the time in physical therapy to heal injuries.  Especially hamstring sprains because it gets you using muscles you should be using instead of the hamstring get all the brunt. 

Wrong.   "Said Injury" as in hamstring pulls/tears.    Hamstrings need to heal first before you can stretch them... stretching them makes it worse... I know... been there... done that.. yelled at.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Nas said:

Wrong.   "Said Injury" as in hamstring pulls/tears.    Hamstrings need to heal first before you can stretch them... stretching them makes it worse... I know... been there... done that.. yelled at.   


Wrong. Said injury is a hamstring strain and a physical therapist just told me yoga could and would be used to help heal a hamstring strain. 
 

 

 

 

5-A1-CD60-F-0874-42-E3-A167-C738049580-E

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/14/2020 at 7:53 PM, boohyah said:

If the Giants went in there thinking like your first line suggests, I would fire the lot tomorrow. That's irresponsible.

Judge has made it clear since day one they prepare for the opponent weekly, a la Bellichek. If they felt Jones wasn't ready to take that chance, he wouldn't have played. When this season have you seen them rush a guy back from injury. 

You miss the point though.

It's not that Jones was medically clear to play but it was obvious from the start of the game he wasn't the same player out there.

He was horribly hampered by his hamstring injury, he had no drive on the ball, they were sailing and he couldn't move around after his one roll out in the firsts quarter.

And he reactivated the injury while playing. 

On 12/14/2020 at 8:08 PM, boohyah said:

Jones has won 2 games this year running less than 20 yards. It's a plus but not the deciding factor. The problem yesterday was that the guys who should have been running the ball earlier, were not getting the ball. The offensive balance was gone very early in the game yesterday. That shit happens every team , happened with Parcellls and Coughlin. We never got going.

 

You can blame the play caring all you want but Jones wasn't the same player.

And once again I'm not taking about rushing for 80 yards a game but he's able to move he's able to extended plays.

Those two wins you noted against Washington and Philly go back and watch the highlights, Jones was able to avoid pressure and roll out on big throws.

He couldnt do that against the Cardinals because of the hamstring. 

Jones is not a pocket passing QB he can't stand there like a statue and make teams pay.

He's at his best when he can move and extend the play or pull the ball down and run.

Oh fun fact as well those games noted he only had under 20 yards rushing, he had multiple first downs runs, last year he had 25 first down by rushing the ball.

Even if it's two or three yards he can still get the first down with his legs.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Pdouble said:


Wrong. Said injury is a hamstring strain and a physical therapist just told me yoga could and would be used to help heal a hamstring strain. 
 

 

 

 

5-A1-CD60-F-0874-42-E3-A167-C738049580-E

A smug bastard on the internet?   lol what a fucking asshole you are.   You're so fucking fixated on proving me wrong that you had to reach out to someone?

A hamstring injury needs to heal... period.   Then you can stretch it AFTER it heals... having a well stretched body reduces the chance of these kinds of injuries.... you see I have had my share of injuries and physical therapies etc... I'm not talking from my finance experience... You're acting like I just made up my assessment of hamstring injuries instead of me getting them from medical professionals after I tore my hamstring a couple of times... as I said.. been there.. done that.. and got yelled out for not following orders to leave the hammy the fuck alone.    

 

"Smug bastard"   :LMAO:

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Pdouble said:


My wife is a doctor and physical therapist. I just asked her. 

Tell her the "smug bastard" just said hammies need to heal first before you try to stretch them again... Thanks.   The idea behind this is to make sure you're not making a tare that might've gone undetectable worse... so you let it heal first.   Then you proceed with yoga/stretches and massages to help the muscle be more elastic which would minimize recurring injuries.   Again... I learned this the hard way... I had my share of hamstring pulls and tares... the fuckking worst mainly because there's nothing you can do about it... and the only thing is time... that's it.    not my words... words of professionals who told me to leave it the fuck alone.      

Link to post
Share on other sites

Again, you're pitting me against your wife... I don't think you should be bring your wife into this.    Especially that my doctors' advice contradicts her take anyway and assuming you're representing this conversation accurately..(assuming we're talking about the same thing).    I take my doctors' advice over the jealous internet guy any day.     

I can throw some choice words at you now to put you in your place... but I'll take the high road as I usually do... you keep barking.

P.S.  Isn't funny you qualified that Yoga may not help DJ's current injury?      

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...