Jump to content
SportsWrath

Cardinals Game thread


Recommended Posts

with the benefit of hindsight Jones came back too early .......... lets hope it comes down to 6-10 and us winning the tie breaker with WFT ( after we beat Dallas in week 17 ) ...... Go 49ers tonight !

cant see us winning against Cleveland or Baltimore based on this Offensive performance ............ unless our D carries us big time

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BlueInCanada said:

I mean how can you go forward with Jones?

He's clearly not built to take hits on the NFL.

He will always be an injury risk.

I guess you invest in the backup spot?

Go get a guy like Fitz Magic?

 

 

Well he's sure not built to be a ball carrier. He's plenty big to play QB. 

Just one of those games overall. AZ got all the breaks and calls, and even so it could have been a closer game but for some real bad decision making. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CrazedDogs said:

Well he's sure not built to be a ball carrier. He's plenty big to play QB. 

Just one of those games overall. AZ got all the breaks and calls, and even so it could have been a closer game but for some real bad decision making. 

 

 

He's not built for the hits in the NFL is what I'm saying, he's lanky.

And clearly an injury risk so far in his career.

He'll probably miss another week or two this year, then what? We just act like it's fine if he never finishes a season healthy?

It's getting worrying at this point.

His best ability is being able to move around and scramble, extend plays. He can't do that anymore, and his decision making has gone to shit.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Nas said:

Like G said.... we suck again.   The OL played like the OLD OL.

Marcus Golden played lights out... he’s making only $4M.... DG couldn’t keep him?

Wasn't about keeping him but fitting him into a defense he did not fit into.  You do not build a defense around one player.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Tempest said:

Wasn't about keeping him but fitting him into a defense he did not fit into.  You do not build a defense around one player.

The dude had 10 sacks last year and has great motor.... you find ways to keep a guy like him.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Nas said:

The dude had 10 sacks last year and has great motor.... you find ways to keep a guy like him.   

By this logic we should trade our first round pick for Riddick who had 5 sacks today.

lol

Golden hasnt done a single thing this year for the Cardinals besides this game I knew someone was going to be on here "OHHH WE SHOULD OF KEPT HIM!"

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We didn't win the game but I still saw enough here to say we are good enough to bounce back from this. I would have stayed with the running game longer earlier. There was enough good plays on the defensive side to stay positive, most of the busts included guys like Julian Love blowing ankle tackles at the line and being way too late on the last Hopkins catch. Love simply isn't good enough IMO.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

By this logic we should trade our first round pick for Riddick who had 5 sacks today.

lol

Golden hasnt done a single thing this year for the Cardinals besides this game I knew someone was going to be on here "OHHH WE SHOULD OF KEPT HIM!"

 

He did very well for us.   I don’t know how some people seem to be able to watch every game to how every player is doing... unless it’s just bullshit.

 

Golden played exactly how he played for us.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Nas said:

He did very well for us.   I don’t know how some people seem to be able to watch every game to how every player is doing... unless it’s just bullshit.

 

Golden played exactly how he played for us.

 

 

Because prior to this game he had a total of 2.5 sacks and 19 tackles, and no forced fumbles.

Golden hasn't played "exactly how he played for us" because he's on pace to finish with 4.5 sacks and 28 total tackles.

Fackrell who's about to go on IR and only played 11 games is going to finish the year with 3 sacks, and 30 total tackles.

He's an alright player, nothing more, nothing less, and I'm glad the Giants were able to get some value for him.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...