SportsWrath

"Clutch" hit for arod

Plow

man on 1st, 2 outs, game is tied 1-1 in the 8th. Jeter and Giambi just struck out.

Arod takes the 1st pitch and drives it in the gap for a double. Yanks are winning 2-1

Also does anyone wanna talk about how Ortiz hit a nice solo shot when it was 4-1 yesterday, the red sox were winning, and arod hit a 2 run homer when it was tied 2-2?

COmparing Arod's clutchness to Arod's :LMAO:

Come on Plow you are a smart Yankee fan, yes he had a big late inning hit, but lets not start comparing him to the best late inning hitter the past 3 years in the game. :TU:

COmparing Arod's clutchness to Arod's :LMAO:

Come on Plow you are a smart Yankee fan, yes he had a big late inning hit, but lets not start comparing him to the best late inning hitter the past 3 years in the game. :TU:

you mean the guy who is hitting .260 :LMAO:

you mean the guy who is hitting .260 :LMAO:

Grasping at straws, you and I both know that batting average is overrated. The basis is BA. with RISP, Ba with late inning pressure situations and OB%+ SLG%. I could care less what a run producers overall BA. is and that includes AROD.

You are not trying to imply that Arod is as clutch as Ortiz are you? I sure hope not as I know a Jasper is smarter than that. :TU:

Grasping at straws, you and I both know that batting average is overrated. The basis is BA. with RISP, Ba with late inning pressure situations and OB%+ SLG%. I could care less what a run producers overall BA. is and that includes AROD.

You are not trying to imply that Arod is as clutch as Ortiz are you? I sure hope not as I know a Jasper is smarter than that. :TU:

i am not trying to imply that. I am simply trying to imply that he is better than most think.

And overall BA does count for something, I am sorry. It's not everything, but why do you think andruw jones didn't win the mvp last year? Some say it was based solely on his low BA. Which was around what ortiz's is right now.

The same guy who keeps reminding Met fans it's June is gloating about the best clutch hitter in the game's batting average in June. You're too much, Plow.

# of Big Papi's failures in the big spot = # of ARod's successes in the big spot. That's really all you need to know, buddy.

Andruw Jones lost the MVP because Pujols was all world. Batting average is the most overrated stat in baseball for a run producer like Ortiz.

How can you possibly entertain this arguement? Yes Arod had a clutch hit today in a LIPS, but lets be honest here, he does it nowhere near as often as Ortiz and one hit in a tie game against the Nats does not erase years of futility on a whole in those spots.

There are plenty of arguements as to why AROD is a great player, its just that the clutch hitter/Ortiz one is one that holds no merit.

# of Big Papi's failures in the big spot = # of ARod's successes in the big spot. That's really all you need to know, buddy.

lets not get carried away, a-rod hits in enough big spots, not as much as ortiz, and perhaps not enough for the $ he is making, but his failures are much much too exadurated. it just piles on for him, no one was saying things like this last month, now he goes into a slump and all of this re-surfaces. however, its safe to say hes out of it now (the slump i mean). he said after the first national game that mattingly found the flaw in his approach.

lets not get carried away, a-rod hits in enough big spots, not as much as ortiz, and perhaps not enough for the $ he is making, but his failures are much much too exadurated. it just piles on for him, no one was saying things like this last month, now he goes into a slump and all of this re-surfaces. however, its safe to say hes out of it now (the slump i mean). he said after the first national game that mattingly found the flaw in his approach.

yup he was dragging his bat