SportsWrath

Bengals Game thread !

UK-Giantsfan

4 minutes ago, boohyah said:

Leonard Williams isn't worth the money he's paid, but fact is he's having his best season and someone is going to give him his money next year if not us.

I agree.

I'm willing to bet we can pay Ryan, Fackrell or even Tomlinson for the same amount that Williams is going to get in FA.

1 minute ago, BlueInCanada said:

I agree.

I'm willing to bet we can pay Ryan, Fackrell or even Tomlinson for the same amount that Williams is going to get in FA.

We can't sign all those guys next season regardless. Tomlinson to me is the priority. The Giants can replace Fackrell and we need to draft defense in the next draft to bolster that secondary. Ryan is going to want more than $6 million now after this season.

7 minutes ago, boohyah said:

We can't sign all those guys next season regardless. Tomlinson to me is the priority. The Giants can replace Fackrell and we need to draft defense in the next draft to bolster that secondary. Ryan is going to want more than $6 million now after this season.

I don't see how you get rid of Ryan though.

He's got many years left in this league and is a team leader.

Throw money at Ryan and Tomlinson, let Williams walk IMO

1 hour ago, boohyah said:

There is just one problem with re-signing Tomlinson.  Giants have Lawrence who is playing just as well if not better.  I really do hope they re-sign Tomlinson.

Ryan wanted a long term deal at the beginning of the season and teams thought he was overplaying his hand and held out. Giants got lucky on this deal and it's a good bit of business by Gettleman. But again, if you give him a long term, some of the guys we have now that we need to keep are going to get shorted.  I'd take my chances and prioritize Tomlinson and base my offseason business on getting that deal first.

I don't think Williams will be here next year. I think we'll be priced out.

4 minutes ago, Tempest said:

There is just one problem with re-signing Tomlinson.  Giants have Lawrence who is playing just as well if not better.  I really do hope they re-sign Tomlinson.

I don't think there's a problem. I think that Tomlinson long term has more value than Williams.  I think of the 3 you need to keep those 2 on that line.

We came this close to losing this one - couple decent passes and they were gonna kick a FG to win it - with a back-up QB, having been outgained 400-150 yrds. We were lucky - but then again, I always felt this was a trap game and Cincy came out to play - they played hard. Oh well...a Ws a W not matter how you get it. We've had worse losses. Id really like to see us beating the Cards and Browns. Ravens and Seahawks might be a tough ask with a gimpy DJ.

3 hours ago, Iceman_NYG said:

We came this close to losing this one - couple decent passes and they were gonna kick a FG to win it - with a back-up QB, having been outgained 400-150 yrds. We were lucky - but then again, I always felt this was a trap game and Cincy came out to play - they played hard. Oh well...a Ws a W not matter how you get it. We've had worse losses. Id really like to see us beating the Cards and Browns. Ravens and Seahawks might be a tough ask with a gimpy DJ.

no, they were lucky the game was that close. 

a few observations from at the game....

The team energy on the sidelines is great. They're always jumping around, lots of interaction, everybody is really into the game. 

The offensive and defensive lines dominated. It really didn't feel like a close game just based off what was going on down front. And you could tell from the body language on the sidelines that both teams knew it. The only exception to any of this so far was Will Hernandez, who spent a lot of time moping at the far end of the bench. 

I'm guessing it probably didn't show up well on the broadcast, but that punt fake was the perfect call against the return the Giants had called. The Giants were rotating their return blocking to the opposite side of the field, to set up a wall down the right sideline, which opened things up for the punt fake down the left sideline.