SportsWrath

N.Y. Giants @ Dallas Cowboys

BronxRik

1 minute ago, Storm said:

That’s true. I need more information. I just know Jones wasn’t able to do anything on the run that drive.

I'm down on Engram in particular. Keep using him as a running back, it's his best function yet. His routes were awful today. He clearly has no sense of space. That's why he can't run - they don't even bother to ask him - to run those seam routes, because he can't find the midline between the defenders.

6 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

After four seconds he was running for his life.

And they blitz, and he runs for his life. But, when they blitz, that means someone is open... personally, I didn't see a whole lot open, but the TV view is pure shit.

CD, I love ya guy, but I'm not sure what game you were watching. There were maybe two times Jones had time to throw this game (at least what I watched from 2nd quarter on). 

They even flashed a Stat in the 4th that was something like "of 28 dropbacks, there were 17 pressures, 6 hits and 3 sacks." It was another piss-poor performance. I'm not sure there's a single starting NFL-caliber player on this line. 

12 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

CD, I love ya guy, but I'm not sure what game you were watching. There were maybe two times Jones had time to throw this game (at least what I watched from 2nd quarter on). 

They even flashed a Stat in the 4th that was something like "of 28 dropbacks, there were 17 pressures, 6 hits and 3 sacks." It was another piss-poor performance. I'm not sure there's a single starting NFL-caliber player on this line. 

Let's also keep in mind this was against an absolutely putrid Dallas defense and they still owned the giants pass blocking.

16 minutes ago, mastershake said:

Also giants running backs went for 23 rushes for 87 yards. Not terrible but not great, so let's not go celebrate the oline just because we got a barely adaquate running game against a terrible defense.

It’s good enough to win.

Just now, mastershake said:

Against possibly the worst defense in the league (outside us)? Yes. This same line doesn't get 60 yards on 20 rushes against a halfway competent defense.

It’s essentially 4 yards a carry. Since I don’t think that defense is as bad as advertised because they played a bunch of good offenses, I’ll chock it up to better blocking scheme. That’s what it looked like to me.

20 minutes ago, mastershake said:

I'm not celebrating anything about this OL from the game, other than yes the scheme and clearly the offensive coordinator had a good game plan.

Baby steps. I was glad to see guards pulling and a more zone blocking scheme.

Considering what happened at home 2 weeks ago, these last 2 weeks have been a considerable improvement. 3 games within a score and we've done this without our best player. It's one thing when you don't have good players, but it's another when you don't squeeze the shit out of them to get the most out of them and I see more of that right now.

And Tempest is right, penalties fucked us today.

See I don't believe this "they played well today better than last week"

Dallas's has the worst defense in the NFL and isn't a contending team in the slightest.

The whole division is.

This wasn't a game that we should be saying "atleast we improved again"

This should of been a win lol

Now if they played like this against the Rams then maybe we could be saying "wow look at that improvement!"

The team is 0 and 5 and blew the game against a back up QB and a bottom of the league defense.

35 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Dallas's has the worst defense in the NFL and isn't a contending team in the slightest.

The whole division is.

Now if they played like this against the Rams then maybe we could be saying "wow look at that improvement!"

The team is 0 and 5 and blew the game against a back up QB and a bottom of the league defense.

I completely agree. Eventually, you have to win with the players you have. You can’t blame rebuilding forever.

And just to give an idea of how bad certain portions of the OL actually was. Andrew Thomas gave up 9 pressures. Jones was pressured on 19 of 35 drop backs. That’s horrible. And our first pick was responsible for nearly half of them. Unacceptable.

2 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

I will concede that maybe I have gotten so used to straight ass level OL play, that today, against a bad defense, it may have looked good by comparison.

42 minutes ago, Storm said:

I completely agree. Eventually, you have to win with the players you have. You can’t blame rebuilding forever.

And just to give an idea of how bad certain portions of the OL actually was. Andrew Thomas gave up 9 pressures. Jones was pressured on 19 of 35 drop backs. That’s horrible. And our first pick was responsible for nearly half of them. Unacceptable.

Yeah man. Getty's gotta go. This is just flat-out not acceptable.

To get blown out by San Fran 3rd stringers and then lose to a busted-up Dallas team is proving that he's not the guy. This roster is not significantly better than the 2017 team; I'd argue it's actually worse. 

9 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

The whole division is.

We've been doing this for decades now.....

8 hours ago, Storm said:

STFU....He caught a TD - all is well!

11 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

...well.... I went back and watched a somewhat random selection of offensive plays, including the sacks.... two of those three sacks were after a solid three count. Most of the pressures I saw were after a solid three count. 

the OL isn't good.... but they're only half the problem. The QB is processing just a tick too slow out there. 

5 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

...well.... I went back and watched a somewhat random selection of offensive plays, including the sacks.... two of those three sacks were after a solid three count. Most of the pressures I saw were after a solid three count. 

the OL isn't good.... but they're only half the problem. The QB is processing just a tick too slow out there. 

Jones might be slow processing... or maybe our receivers aren't getting separation.  Or maybe both.  Hard to tell from the TV angles. 

What I can tell though is this... with our 100% healthy line,  hand picked by our GM, our quarterback is more often than not running for his life back there.  Dallas had a guy retire this year, and has both their starting tackles out for the season... but look at their line compared to ours.  Even when their QB is getting rid of the ball in 2.5 seconds there's no defender within a sniff of him.  

This is just not acceptable. 

8 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

Jones might be slow processing... or maybe our receivers aren't getting separation.  Or maybe both.  Hard to tell from the TV angles. 

What I can tell though is this... with our 100% healthy line,  hand picked by our GM, our quarterback is more often than not running for his life back there.  Dallas had a guy retire this year, and has both their starting tackles out for the season... but look at their line compared to ours.  Even when their QB is getting rid of the ball in 2.5 seconds there's no defender within a sniff of him.  

This is just not acceptable. 

I think its all three. Every group put some ugly as shit plays on tape this week. One of the few plays we got to see the All-22 for during the game, it looked like none of the receivers was even going out for a pass, they just ran up to the depth of the db covering them, then kind of stood there. And Jones is running for his life, of course. There's no damn way that is how it was drawn up.

I saw a play from Thomas early in the game, it looked like he was half asleep out there. 

At one point we can hear Jones calling out the mike, and he is clearly confused. (You hear a Cowboys player yell back, no, 48 is the mike!)

Gallman completely whiffed in blitz pickup. 

This team is a mess. It's not an offensive line problem, it is a starting 11 on offense problem. Too many of these guys, including the QB, don't know what they're supposed to do out there. 

At this point, I can only hope that this is purely a result of the weird, limited offseason. 

16 hours ago, Storm said:

It all depends on where you get your stats.

Next gen stats and PFF only have Jones being pressure 14 times which is the lowest all year, with Thomas given up 6 of those pressures.

Still pretty bad when you consider the Dallas defense is the worst in the NFL lol 

10 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

It all depends on where you get your stats.

Next gen stats and PFF only have Jones being pressure 14 times which is the lowest all year, with Thomas given up 6 of those pressures.

Still pretty bad when you consider the Dallas defense is the worst in the NFL lol 

Demarcus Lawrence gave Thomas a hard time sunday afternoon.  Andrew Thomas is truly learning on the job here against top talent pass rushers every week.