SportsWrath

This team blows

MakeMeSomeFoodHo

1 minute ago, UK-Giantsfan said:

..... he always tries to slide down immediately avoiding contact like a QB instead of fighting for 5 more yards. 
I remember when he was billed as a guy who got good YAC ( bullshit )

He always attempts to catch the ball on his chest , 1 yard short of a first down too and never breaks a tackle.

i doubt if he ever gets near to scoring a TD ever again ...... but if he does he will probably back-pedal into the end zone and get caught. ( or drop it for a touchback )

pussy !

I don’t mind any of that, Toomer played the same way. It avoids turnovers as well as injuries...and the play you’re talking about, he would have got maybe an extra 6 inches; not five yards.

However, I can’t deal with the dude not getting any separation and not catching passes that hit him in the hands. 

16 minutes ago, Storm said:

Have you seen Justin Herbert and the Chargers? The Bucs had him under constant pressure. His team put up 31 and lost by a score. I’m sorry, I just don’t buy that having a mediocre offensive line means you can’t ever take shots downfield or throw into the end zone. That’s been the refrain for 5 years now.

I have not seen him play for the Chargers yet. But hypothetically, if you have a shit OL, downfield shots are just about the only way you're going to score TDs, and you'll need some skilled receivers to do it. 

AKA, the 2011 Giants offense. 

31 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

I have not seen him play for the Chargers yet. But hypothetically, if you have a shit OL, downfield shots are just about the only way you're going to score TDs, and you'll need some skilled receivers to do it. 

The thing is I think this Oline is actually better than last year's Oline.

They give Jones time in the pocket more so than Solder and Remmers ever did.

But for some reason be it Jones or Garrett or the WRs not getting seperation, and it's probably a mixture of all three, the Giants just aren't pushing the ball downfield anymore like last year.

Sure Barkley was a huge reason for teams stacking the box and opening up the passing game the last two years but you can't tell me Barkley was the sole reason for the passing attack last season.

54 minutes ago, Storm said:

Have you seen Justin Herbert and the Chargers? The Bucs had him under constant pressure. His team put up 31 and lost by a score. I’m sorry, I just don’t buy that having a mediocre offensive line means you can’t ever take shots downfield or throw into the end zone. That’s been the refrain for 5 years now.

To be fair though Herbert is throwing to Allen, Henry and Williams and their rookie breakout Guyton I think his name is.

Jones is throwing to a 34 year old Tate and a huge disappointment in Slayton thus far.

Not saying we need like pro bowl WR talent but atleast sole talent at the group. 

1 hour ago, CrazedDogs said:

Yeah. I thought Slayton was that guy but either he’s not being asked to do it or can’t without Shepard drawing the safeties. Engram could theoretically do the same thing but teams aren’t devoting anything to covering him. 

As for Herbert, he threw TDS of over 50 yards each to guys names Ty Johnson and Jalen Guyton...I’m just thinking it’s worth a shot throwing deep passes to guys like Darius Slayton and Damion Ratley (who was signed over Coleman to do just that). 

On 10/5/2020 at 7:45 AM, CrazedDogs said:

I prefer Washington Team Football.

On 10/5/2020 at 7:30 AM, GorillaNJ said:

Hey if they get an actual name I will call them that...   until then they are the redskins.     Could you imagine losing to a team without a fucking name?

I was joking.  I couldn't give any less of a shit.

And just wait, we probably will.  The look of what the hell just happened and who was that that just beat us that we have seen at the end of games will be doubly justified

23 minutes ago, Storm said:

A 3-1 team is going for it on 4th and 1 on their own 19...Judge won’t even go for 4th and 4 from the opponents 40. As an 0-3 team.

To be fair I think most teams know the NFL season is going down the tubes with more and more players testing positive.

They either want to lose for draft position or win for a chance at a playoff run lol