Jump to content
SportsWrath

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, gmenroc said:

The Washington Football Team ya racist bastid 😆

Hey if they get an actual name I will call them that...   until then they are the redskins.     Could you imagine losing to a team without a fucking name?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah this is frustrating. Offense shows flashes of brilliant play calling, usually in about 4 drives a game, till they reach the red zone. 
 

DJ has further to go than I thought. Though he did just complete his 16th game, so he was basically a rookie till the end of that game. Holds the ball way to long at times, stairs down receivers. Both are fixable though. 
 

Defense played well this week. No real complaints there. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Defense is actually capable.  It's keeping them in games. 

This offense is bad, completely devoid of talent.  Watching them reminds me of the Danny Kanell Giants... it's that bad.  I don't think DJ has it, but it's hard to tell when your line and receivers are C- level talent at best. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

Defense is actually capable.  It's keeping them in games. 

This offense is bad, completely devoid of talent.  Watching them reminds me of the Danny Kanell Giants... it's that bad.  I don't think DJ has it, but it's hard to tell when your line and receivers are C- level talent at best. 

Geeez the guy has played 16 games, all of which he didn't have an offensive line. The guy is barely on year 2.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I still think it’s possible they start to turn things around by mid season. One big plus is I don’t spend half the game scratching my head over the play calling.
 

I think this is a good coaching staff. This is the second game this year where it was winnable. Came down to the last minute. Aside from San Fran, it’s not like they are getting blown out. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, mastershake said:

Geeez the guy has played 16 games, all of which he didn't have an offensive line. The guy is barely on year 2.

And didn't have a real offseason.  And got thrown into the fire to save Shurmur's job last year.  And has literally no talent around him. 

He's the best offensive player on a team devoid of offensive talent.  It's really hard to evaluate him, but I think with a better team around him he's Dak Prescott.  Capable, but not special. 

My problem with him is that he was supposed to limit the turnovers this year, and he hasn't done it.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

And didn't have a real offseason.  And got thrown into the fire to save Shurmur's job last year.  And has literally no talent around him. 

He's the best offensive player on a team devoid of offensive talent.  It's really hard to evaluate him, but I think with a better team around him he's Dak Prescott.  Capable, but not special. 

My problem with him is that he was supposed to limit the turnovers this year, and he hasn't done it.  

I agree the turnovers are a problem. What I see is a guy trying to do too much because he knows his OL and talent around him is lacking.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, mastershake said:

I agree the turnovers are a problem. What I see is a guy trying to do too much because he knows his OL and talent around him is lacking.

And two of his picks have come throwing behind his receivers while rolling out to his right. 

He seems to be having better ball security (two hands on the ball), but his pocket awareness is still really terrible. 

Again, I'm leaning towards "not the answer," especially when we're seeing young QBs with less experience and bad OL play do well in the league, but it's tough to evaluate. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

And two of his picks have come throwing behind his receivers while rolling out to his right. 

He seems to be having better ball security (two hands on the ball), but his pocket awareness is still really terrible. 

Again, I'm leaning towards "not the answer," especially when we're seeing young QBs with less experience and bad OL play do well in the league, but it's tough to evaluate. 

Which young QBs? If you want to say Josh Allen...Josh Allen had 3 TDs and a whopping 6 INTS through week 4 last year and his 16th game. Daniel Jone's stats are similar.

I don't think we are appreciating just how shitty this OL is. Look, I rag on this OL constantly, I know I'm a broken record, but this really is the worst OL in the last 8 years, possibly in this team's history.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mastershake said:

Which young QBs? If you want to say Josh Allen...Josh Allen had 3 TDs and a whopping 6 INTS through week 4 last year and his 16th game.

I don't think we are appreciating just how shitty this OL is. Look, I rag on this OL constantly, I know I'm a broken record, but this really is the worst OL in the last 8 years, possibly in this team's history.

That's all fair. I was thinking Kyler Murray and Justin Herbert, but they have better teams around them too.

I think I'm one of the only people that thinks Josh Allen is nothing special. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not one elite player on either side of the ball...though collectively, the defense and the dc who calls a great game, are capable.

 

Without Barkley, not one play maker on offense...its embarrassing when your leading rusher is a white quarterback.

 

That said...i give them a mulligan on the season due to all the abnormalities that 2020 covid has done to sports and all the unknowns...no training camp...no real preseason not sure if there would be a season et cetera.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully we get Peppers back for the NFC East games ..........i actually quite like this young D

The O is awful , mainly due to the poor O line and the loss of Saquon & Shep, but also the WRs are terrible ......... Tate is a total pussy.

If we had just one elite receiver ( Beckham springs to mind ) we would probably be 2-2 right now on top of the Division.

Jones is ok ( a bit like Eli ) but will never be great.

If we do go 1-15 it is TL time for sure !

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JayD said:

I still think it’s possible they start to turn things around by mid season. One big plus is I don’t spend half the game scratching my head over the play calling.
 

I think this is a good coaching staff. This is the second game this year where it was winnable. Came down to the last minute. Aside from San Fran, it’s not like they are getting blown out. 

I find the play call obscenely vanilla on offense. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

That's all fair. I was thinking Kyler Murray and Justin Herbert, but they have better teams around them too.

I think I'm one of the only people that thinks Josh Allen is nothing special. 

Josh Allen is putting it together but it took a while and he looked like Jones with the turnovers prior to halfway through last year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Storm said:

I find the play call obscenely vanilla on offense. 

I think it starts at the tight end position. For all his incredible talent, Engram is never asked to run the routes that I would guess would be his strength. But instead, across a few offensive systems and coaches, they ask him to do basically one thing: the shallow cross. Staff after staff reaches the same conclusion with that guy. 

and when you have a tight end that can run basically one route, and can barely block, that makes for a real short play book. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Storm said:

I find the play call obscenely vanilla on offense. 

Me too, but when you're line can't run or pass block you're pretty limited. These guys hold a block for literally 1.5 seconds. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

Totally. 

Dude gets planted by his sister's baby daddy and then is hearing footsteps the rest of the day. Fuck that guy. 

..... he always tries to slide down immediately avoiding contact like a QB instead of fighting for 5 more yards. 
I remember when he was billed as a guy who got good YAC ( bullshit )

He always attempts to catch the ball on his chest , 1 yard short of a first down too and never breaks a tackle.

i doubt if he ever gets near to scoring a TD ever again ...... but if he does he will probably back-pedal into the end zone and get caught. ( or drop it for a touchback )

pussy !

 


 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

Me too, but when you're line can't run or pass block you're pretty limited. These guys hold a block for literally 1.5 seconds. 

Have you seen Justin Herbert and the Chargers? The Bucs had him under constant pressure. His team put up 31 and lost by a score. I’m sorry, I just don’t buy that having a mediocre offensive line means you can’t ever take shots downfield or throw into the end zone. That’s been the refrain for 5 years now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...