SportsWrath

Giants 49ers GameDay Thread

Sephiroth

9 minutes ago, UK-Giantsfan said:

i quite like this D ....... much better than last year to be honest ....and young too

You like giving up yards all down the field and the offense never getting on the field?

1 minute ago, Storm said:

It’s not better than last year. But the offense is far worse.

Other than the inexplicable abandonment of the pass rush on third and long, it is clearly an improved defense. If not a good defense.

Really missing something when Downs is on the field though. Not sure how he won a spot, he's a hole in zone on the field.

They’re on pace to give up 32 points to a decimated 9ers offense and allow them to be on the field for the majority of the game. They can’t get off the field on third down. They aren’t forcing bad throws and rushing the passer effectively. They’re committing bad penalties. The offense definitively sucks. But this defense isn’t objectively better at any position but number one CB.

1 minute ago, Sephiroth said:

This team fucking sucks. The Niners have what... eight starters out? And they're ahead at the half? 

Holy fuck we're bad... 

I mean if you just talk starting players you can say we have five or more out as well.

Shepard,Barkley, Peppers, McKinney, Baker, Beal, hell I'd take Solder at RT.

15 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

Had a to feed my kid but doesn't look like I missed anything. 

Also Daniel Jones sucks. 

Not sure he sucks...but if his offseason was spent working to eliminate turnovers, he has failed thus far.  I am not sold on him and if we continue to lose, I would not be opposed to replacing him come draft day.

Don't see that happening with DG still in house.  But am okay with him being replaced at this point too.  We have lost for too long to make exceptions.

1 minute ago, Storm said:

3 to 1 TOP isn’t good defense. 

6 minutes ago, Storm said:

They’re on pace to give up 32 points to a decimated 9ers offense and allow them to be on the field for the majority of the game. They can’t get off the field on third down. They aren’t forcing bad throws and rushing the passer effectively. They’re committing bad penalties. The offense definitively sucks. But this defense isn’t objectively better at any position but number one CB.

I don't understand a lot of the defensive choices today. Mullins panics with a rusher in his face. Other than that, he's a solid passer. So... Let's rush the fucking fucker. 

3 minutes ago, Storm said:

So that regard you can also the the offense can't stay on the field either.

I mean 16 points to a team that has been on the field as long as they have is decent.

I don't think anyone is saying they are top 10 or even too 15 but they are improved form the previous year.

They are in the mid 20s in terms of defensive metrics, and even top 10 in sacks.

Last year they were dead last in almost everything lol.

1 minute ago, gmenroc said:

Not sure he sucks...but if his offseason was spent working to eliminate turnovers, he has failed thus far.  I am not sold on him and if we continue to lose, I would not be opposed to replacing him come draft day.

Don't see that happening with DG still in house.  But am okay with him being replaced at this point too.  We have lost for too long to make exceptions.

I mean I can see it happening.

Another losing year and DG is gone.

A new GM might want his own coach and his own QB.

I would assume the Giants at that point would be in a position to draft that Lawrence kid.

1 minute ago, BlueInCanada said:

So that regard you can also the the offense can't stay on the field either.

I mean 16 points to a team that has been on the field as long as they have is decent.

I don't think anyone is saying they are top 10 or even too 15 but they are improved form the previous year.

They are in the mid 20s in terms of defensive metrics, and even top 10 in sacks.

Last year they were dead last in almost everything lol.

They’re good at not giving up a 70 yard touchdown pass, that’s about it.

Just now, Storm said:

They’re good at not giving up a 70 yard touchdown pass, that’s about it.

Right which is an improvement lol

I'm glad the defense keeps the games close longer than the 1st quarter like all of last year.

I mean the only reason the Bears and this game are even a watch was because do the defense.

Sure they'll probably shit the bed when it matters like the rest of the team.