SportsWrath

0-2 seven years in a row, Barkley done for the year, Gano is your kicker, a team with "football club" in the name winning your division, Jones fumbling again, Williams is making 16 million dollars for 2 tackles a game.

BlueInCanada

• BlueInCanada changed the title to 0-2 seven years in a row, Barkley done for the year, Gano is your kicker, a team with "football club" in the name winning your division, Jones fumbling again, Williams is making 16 million dollars for 2 tackles a game.
Just now, BlueInCanada said:

I still think this team is SB bound.

But really after 5 years of constant losing, why not have some fun with it?

I don't see five years of losing.  I saw two years of losing with Shurmur, one year losing with McAdoo/Spagnuolo, etc.  Yeah right now I'm at two games losing with Judge and two years losing with Gettleman.  I guess it is a weird way of looking at it but it works for me.  :praying:

I’m still trying to figure out how it takes like 5 years to overturn a roster and make it competitive. Right now there’s probably four starters on defense that would be backups on most teams. And there’s probably 3 on the offense that would be. 

Ximines sucks, btw.

33 minutes ago, Storm said:

I’m still trying to figure out how it takes like 5 years to overturn a roster and make it competitive. Right now there’s probably four starters on defense that would be backups on most teams. And there’s probably 3 on the offense that would be. 

Ximines sucks, btw.

The difference being the number of coaching changes within those five years.  Roster has been overturned twice now with the results being the same.  Problem has been coaching not talent.

3 minutes ago, Tempest said:

The difference being the number of coaching changes within those five years.  Roster has been overturned twice now with the results being the same.  Problem has been coaching not talent.

See I would agree more if any of these guys went on to have careers elsewhere, with better coaching as you said.

I don't think there's a guy from the MacAttack era or the Shurmer era doing much elsewhere. The last guy who made it was Barty Cofield and Linval Joesph. I guess Flowers is a somewhat capable guard?

The JR crew of players all flamed out and now we are getting what we get with the DG guys.

But I do agree coaching during both those eras were atrocious.

Atleast we've seen progress out of the pass rusher on the team.

6 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

See I would agree more if any of these guys went on to have careers elsewhere, with better coaching as you said.

I don't think there's a guy from the MacAttack era or the Shurmer era doing much elsewhere. The last guy who made it was Barty Cofield and Linval Joesph. I guess Flowers is a somewhat capable guard?

The JR crew of players all flamed out and now we are getting what we get with the DG guys.

But I do agree coaching during both those eras were atrocious.

Atleast we've seen progress out of the pass rusher on the team.

You are talking about individual players within the very short NFL timespan of five years.  Jenkins is doing pretty good in New Orleans, Odell Beckham Jr continues to be the same player he was for the NY Giants, etc.  I don't think it is quite that simple to point to players who have gone to other teams or have left the NFL completely.  It is a team game and you have to depend on the rest of the roster to win every single week.  Some guys are simply better backups than starters or role players over leaders.  Cofield and Joseph aren't even in the picture over the last five years of NY Giants Football and there have been other Giants who were drafted since then and play elsewhere just not many.  I'm past looking at the Jerry Reese era and focused on Dave Gettleman and the players he has drafted or brought in through free agency.  Doesn't make a difference how good a player is if the coaching is a problem.  Shurmur was liked and couldn't win, Spagnuolo was also liked and couldn't convince anyone he could win, McAdoo failed as a leader in the face of adversity.  I don't know what Joe Judge can do yet after two close losses we are here wondering if he can seal the deal and turn the team around and the hard answer is we need to wait and see.  I don't want to wait and see after 14 more games like the last 2, lets get some wins!  

46 minutes ago, Tempest said:

You are talking about individual players within the very short NFL timespan of five years.  Jenkins is doing pretty good in New Orleans, Odell Beckham Jr continues to be the same player he was for the NY Giants, etc.  I don't think it is quite that simple to point to players who have gone to other teams or have left the NFL completely.  It is a team game and you have to depend on the rest of the roster to win every single week.  Some guys are simply better backups than starters or role players over leaders.  Cofield and Joseph aren't even in the picture over the last five years of NY Giants Football and there have been other Giants who were drafted since then and play elsewhere just not many.  I'm past looking at the Jerry Reese era and focused on Dave Gettleman and the players he has drafted or brought in through free agency.  Doesn't make a difference how good a player is if the coaching is a problem.  Shurmur was liked and couldn't win, Spagnuolo was also liked and couldn't convince anyone he could win, McAdoo failed as a leader in the face of adversity.  I don't know what Joe Judge can do yet after two close losses we are here wondering if he can seal the deal and turn the team around and the hard answer is we need to wait and see.  I don't want to wait and see after 14 more games like the last 2, lets get some wins!  

That's the problem though it is wait and see.

This team is a complete rebuild with nothing but rookies and FA players.

We should of blown the ship up after MacAttack but they didn't

The FO of the Giants have made a lot of mistakes with the GM and coaching staff.

This is the result,looking down the barrel of another team in development that's still aways off.

I mean in all likelihood Getty is gone after a losing year.

What then?

The next GM comes in, what if he wants his own coach? What if he wants his own team? What if he is like JR and promises to keep building off this team and fails?

Lots of what ifs surrounding the Giants.

Which is a shame because they should be at a point now where they should of already had a team further along then it is now.

Cant wait for the day that Tisch grows a pair and tells the Mara family to fuck off and leave the football side of things alone.

I hate to say it and I know this is a cop-out, but I feel like we won't really know what these Giants are until October, at minimum.  New coach, no offseason, COVID shit... this just isn't a normal year.   Even if they were winning, while I'd feel a lot better about it... I don't think you could take too much out of that.

12 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

I hate to say it and I know this is a cop-out, but I feel like we won't really know what these Giants are until October, at minimum.  New coach, no offseason, COVID shit... this just isn't a normal year.   Even if they were winning, while I'd feel a lot better about it... I don't think you could take too much out of that.

I don't know how anyone thought this season was anything different.

We have over 20 new players on the team.

New coaching staff from top to bottom.

This year and next are just development years to see who you can build your core with and hopefully start competing with them.

1 minute ago, BlueInCanada said:

I don't know how anyone thought this season was anything different.

We have over 20 new players on the team.

New coaching staff from top to bottom.

This year and next are just development years to see who you can build your core with and hopefully start competing with them.

Yeah totally. 

I mean, we lost our starting LT, two corners (probably our #2 and #3), our safety/moneybacker, and now the best offensive weapon on the team in addition to all of this.  How are we supposed to evaluate that?