SportsWrath

N.Y. Giants @ Chicago Bears

BronxRik

3 minutes ago, Storm said:

As far as Barkley goes, jumping and turning sideways when you’re about to get hit is a terrible way to stay healthy.

When he was back on the field all I thought was "thank god just a stinger in his forearm"

Then he breaks a tackle in the backfield and can never get sure footing before that CB starts pushing him out of bounds.

Dude knew something was wrong the moment he made contact.

Also, the bigs on the Dline really shit the bed in the 4th when the Bears just ran it up the middle non stop to run the clock down.

Like fuck Williams is getting paid 16 million.

Lawrence is normally a monster.

Tomlinson is one of the highest rated PFF run stoppers.

And they just couldn't stop anyone then.

Well.... on the bright side, my six year old was watching the game with me, and at the end, the final play, he hid his eyes and said, 'I can't watch!'... a sign of early fandom. So I have that going for me.

Feel so bad for Barkley, that looked like one of those non contact injuries that always seem to be the worst. He's got to learn to deliver a blow though. Especially now. All that cutting while getting hit he tries to pull, that can't be an every down thing. I remember Tiki developed a few techniques for taking on tacklers after a knee injury robbed him of his top end speed, Barkley will have to learn the same sort of tricks. 

20 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Also, the bigs on the Dline really shit the bed in the 4th when the Bears just ran it up the middle non stop to run the clock down.

Like fuck Williams is getting paid 16 million.

Lawrence is normally a monster.

Tomlinson is one of the highest rated PFF run stoppers.

And they just couldn't stop anyone then.

Williams is a loser. I'm practically convinced of it at this point. 

Okay, I suppose he can point to sixteen million reasons he isn't a loser. 

But I don't think he will ever be a part of a high level winning football team at the professional level. 

Another bright side is Andrew Thomas. I don't blame him for the free release sack by Mack, what he was doing fit with what the rest of the OL were doing - I think at least one of the TEs was supposed to impede Mack. Which is dumb, but I doubt it's Thomas's fault. He was beat once by Quinn on a play Jones also held the ball for quite some time, so there's some blame to go around. In general, it seems most of the time I saw Thomas he was on an island, stoning his man easily.

1 minute ago, CrazedDogs said:

Another bright side is Andrew Thomas. I don't blame him for the free release sack by Mack, what he was doing fit with what the rest of the OL were doing - I think at least one of the TEs was supposed to impede Mack. Which is dumb, but I doubt it's Thomas's fault. He was beat once by Quinn on a play Jones also held the ball for quite some time, so there's some blame to go around. In general, it seems most of the time I saw Thomas he was on an island, stoning his man easily.

Yeah Thomas really stood out as well.

He had another week against some elite NFL pass rushers and he stood his ground as best as he could.

The guy is going to be a stud LT.

I think that play in the first quarter when Barkley ran for 18 yards is the play he initially was hurt.  I don't think the Giants really did a good job of evaluating him or they spent more time looking at his arm over his leg.  Though how much can an x-ray do when it comes to a soft tissue injury...Him coming back in so quickly is what took him out of the game.  Hard to decipher and second guess it all as it happens, you have to trust what a player says at that time.  Have to wonder if they really spent the time to look him over if they could have limited his potential of a more severe injury. 

1 hour ago, Tempest said:

I think that play in the first quarter when Barkley ran for 18 yards is the play he initially was hurt.  I don't think the Giants really did a good job of evaluating him or they spent more time looking at his arm over his leg.  Though how much can an x-ray do when it comes to a soft tissue injury...Him coming back in so quickly is what took him out of the game.  Hard to decipher and second guess it all as it happens, you have to trust what a player says at that time.  Have to wonder if they really spent the time to look him over if they could have limited his potential of a more severe injury. 

Yeah I was super confused when the commentators said the giants were looking at his arm when Barkley clearly clutched his knee. I’m with ya. He definitely tore it on the long run and then was out there catching a pass a couple plays later.

Engram has a talent for showing up after every other weapon on the team goes down.  Williams got double teamed regularly and they went away from him regularly.  Bradberry continues to impress and Martinez dropped off a bit but remains dependable.  Offensive line had a rough first half but picked it up in the second half.  Giants were in this game until the end again, just didn't end in their favor.  On an odd note, Jason Garrett looks to have aged about twenty years in the offseason.

With Barkley gone most likely for the season we turn to Deon Lewis and Wayne Gallman Jr. 

What really grinds my gears is that Barkley I think actually got hurt in that 18 yard scamper.....you could see all was not well. Being in the play right after just aggravated it to an ACL tear. If only he had just swallowed his pride and said OK im sitting the next couple series out - instead of putting it all on the line the play right after maybe - maybe things could have been different - maybe wishful thinking.

Also that last play of the game looked similar to Tampa from last year - I felt DJ maybe could have just run it in.

7 hours ago, Iceman_NYG said:

What really grinds my gears is that Barkley I think actually got hurt in that 18 yard scamper.....you could see all was not well. Being in the play right after just aggravated it to an ACL tear. If only he had just swallowed his pride and said OK im sitting the next couple series out - instead of putting it all on the line the play right after maybe - maybe things could have been different - maybe wishful thinking.

Also that last play of the game looked similar to Tampa from last year - I felt DJ maybe could have just run it in.

I was thinking that about the Jones and running up the middle. I don’t think the target to Tate was even in the end zone. Again, it begs the question why the Giants didn’t try to take 3 or 4 shots to the end zone while that series was happening instead of making it do or die after a 4 yard out to Dion Lewis with 8 seconds left. I’m not sure if there’s enough time with 8 seconds left to hit the end zone twice but I think it was better to try that then the four yard out, at the least.

22 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

Well.... on the bright side, my six year old was watching the game with me, and at the end, the final play, he hid his eyes and said, 'I can't watch!'... a sign of early fandom. So I have that going for me.

Feel so bad for Barkley, that looked like one of those non contact injuries that always seem to be the worst. He's got to learn to deliver a blow though. Especially now. All that cutting while getting hit he tries to pull, that can't be an every down thing. I remember Tiki developed a few techniques for taking on tacklers after a knee injury robbed him of his top end speed, Barkley will have to learn the same sort of tricks. 

LOL......fast forward 20 years and you will get this text from your 26 year old NYG fan son .....as I did yesterday.

"Jesus Dad.....is this what the 70s were like?"

C. Wagon