SportsWrath

N.Y. Giants vs. Pittsburgh Steelers Gameday Thread

BronxRik

2 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

That duck that Jones thru was just awful lol basically cost us the game.

Wasn’t his arm hit?    Not saying it wasn’t a horrible play but he looked to be trying to toss it out the back of the end zone when his arm got hit

3 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

That duck that Jones thru was just awful lol basically cost us the game.

I honestly thought he was trying to throw it away but he kind of squared his shoulders so I dunno,  but that came out high 

I don't think we understand how shitty an OL has to be for a rb to have 15 carries for 6 yards.

"But they're playing a good run defense" I can hear some of you saying.

This same defense have up 110 yards rushing per game last year. Don't feed me this bullshit. This is an unacceptable offensive performance when you have generational talent at RB.

11 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Add a starting TE to that too.

Engram looks like he's toast.

I had wanted Reuben Foster or Forrest Lamp there so I'm not too mad about it... not like the year before when I had wanted Myles Jack and we took Eli fucking Apple. 

4 minutes ago, mastershake said:

I don't think we understand how shitty an OL has to be for a rb to have 15 carries for 6 yards.

This same defense have up 110 yards rushing per game last year. Don't feed me this bullshit. This is an unacceptable offensive performance when you have generational talent at RB.

It was a truly pitiful performance. The entire front 7 in the backfield before the balls even handed off.

5 minutes ago, mastershake said:

Lol they gave up a total of 7 rushing TDs and had a 3.6 yard average for opposing RBs.

What type of bullshit you trying to shovel.

1 minute ago, BlueInCanada said:

Lol they gave up a total of 7 rushing TDs and had a 3.6 yard average for opposing RBs.

What type of bullshit you trying to shovel.

3.6 is far better than 0.4 yards per carry. Hell I'll take 2.0 yards per carry! That would be 500% more effective than the giants were!

2 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

These players have to stop with the fucking hugs and kisses after the game if we wanna have a whole season. 

They were just piling on each other for the past 3 hours.   5 more minutes of contact will not make a difference 

I think the Steelers were trying to recruit Saquon at the end there. 

4 minutes ago, BronxRik said:

Jason Garrett sabotaged the offense. He's a Cowboy plant. 

That fake reverse screen was brilliant. I wish he had thrown more screen passes. That’s how you beat a team like that.

Just now, Herc said:

I couldn’t believe that was a giants team executing that.  

People can say what they want about Garrett but he’s always ran a good offense. Granted, he usually had a good offensive line. Dude turned Romo and Prescott into starting QBs.

So the good.

The Dline played well, the interior Dline especially, Lawrence is a fucking monster.

Pass protection was alright against that Steelers defense which just throws everything at you plus the seven first round picks it has on defense.

Martinez really shut me up he is a major upgrade over a guy like Ogletree, can really sniff out the run.

On that note Thomas is already 250x better than Solder in every way possible.

Slayton can emerge as a legit threat.

Bradberry deserves every penny he makes.

Jones is on his way to becoming a great NFL QB but jesus christ he's got to learn he doesn't need to make a play every snap, that final INT basically sealed the game.

The bad;

Run blocking, there was no push or pop off the line, granted the runs were pretty well telegraphed. Had some success when we brought in Smith and Toililolololol to block.

Barkley is still an awful pass blocker.

They tested Holmes and he didn't step up but I'm willing to bet if Baker and Beal were still on the team Holmes would be given more time to develop.

The fucking awful;

Flemming was a turn style but he was facing Watt which is hard for any NFL tackle but so far not looking good.

Engram is officially the worst TE on the roster and looks like he lost 15 pounds of muscle.

Bellantine isn't an outside corner.

Love didn't continue his play from last year and looked lost out there.

The conditioning, you can tell some guys just aren't ready for the season, Peppers was cramping up all through the game.

Final thought, honestly better playing team than anything under Shurmer and one of the youngest teams in the NFL, they won't make the playoffs the next two years but hopefully they can take the step forward. Held on till the third against a fairly good Steelers team.

2 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

So the good.

The Dline played well, the interior Dline especially, Lawrence is a fucking monster.

Pass protection was alright against that Steelers defense which just throws everything at you plus the seven first round picks it has on defense.

Martinez really shut me up he is a major upgrade over a guy like Ogletree, can really sniff out the run.

On that note Thomas is already 250x better than Solder in every way possible.

Slayton can emerge as a legit threat.

Bradberry deserves every penny he makes.

Jones is on his way to becoming a great NFL QB but jesus christ he's got to learn he doesn't need to make a play every snap, that final INT basically sealed the game.

The bad;

Run blocking, there was no push or pop off the line, granted the runs were pretty well telegraphed. Had some success when we brought in Smith and Toililolololol to block.

Barkley is still an awful pass blocker.

They tested Holmes and he didn't step up but I'm willing to bet if Baker and Beal were still on the team Holmes would be given more time to develop.

The fucking awful;

Flemming was a turn style but he was facing Watt which is hard for any NFL tackle but so far not looking good.

Engram is officially the worst TE on the roster and looks like he lost 15 pounds of muscle.

Bellantine isn't an outside corner.

Love didn't continue his play from last year and looked lost out there.

The conditioning, you can tell some guys just aren't ready for the season, Peppers was cramping up all through the game.

Final thought, honestly better playing team than anything under Shurmer and one of the youngest teams in the NFL, they won't make the playoffs the next two years but hopefully they can take the step forward. Held on till the third against a fairly good Steelers team.

I honestly think Jones was trying to chuck it away outside the endzone but his arm was hit...hence it lobbed up and landed for shit INT.

Outside of that - Barkley seems to looking for the home-run every play. He isnt grinding out those 3-4 yrds constantly as most good RBs do. But then again - the OL play was horrendous for that to happen. If this is what its gonna be going forward - then we need to employ more screens and misdirection. Im not shuddering at the thought of Khalil Mack against this OL next week. But that is a win this team needs with a dominant performance from Barkley. Im excited for this season - the talent seems to be emerging but considering the team looks quite disciplined and played hard - the Defense surprised me. I thought the Steelers would put up 35 pts.