SportsWrath

Andrew Thomas

Sephiroth

1 hour ago, CrazedDogs said:

I think on the whole, the OL is showing some promise. Other than Zeitler, who's been left in his stance a few times, their miscues are more about experience and mental errors than lacking physical ability. 

54 yards rushing from running backs and 4 sacks against the Bears on Sunday is promising?

1 minute ago, mastershake said:

Oh on that one Barkley play that went for 18 yards? How about the other 13 runs for 33 yards?

How about the one out of four sacks he allowed?

He had another nice pull where Lewis didn't hit the hole later on (I don't think he's a very good back). I'm not saying he looked awesome but I wouldn't give up on him just yet. 

Just now, mastershake said:

54 yards rushing from running backs and 4 sacks against the Bears on Sunday is promising?

that doesn't sound good, but that also sounds about right for a team with no starting running back for basically the entire game. 

it's week 2, three new starters on the line, new system, no preseason, and they've played against two well-established, often dominant defenses.... I'm just glad they put some good blocks on film and that their issues seem mostly to be mental mistakes, rather than just getting physically obliterated. 

1 hour ago, CrazedDogs said:

that doesn't sound good, but that also sounds about right for a team with no starting running back for basically the entire game. 

it's week 2, three new starters on the line, new system, no preseason, and they've played against two well-established, often dominant defenses.... I'm just glad they put some good blocks on film and that their issues seem mostly to be mental mistakes, rather than just getting physically obliterated. 

I don't expect to see much different from Hernandez. He hasn't shown anything this season or last.

For me the Oline looks better than last year which isn't saying much but still it's an improvement even if a minor one.

Gates is a better center than Pulley or Hippohalpitoo

Thomas is a far and away better tackle than Solder.

Flemming is a push so far but he's gotten some pop in the run game besides Remmers and his crippled back.

Hernandez looks the same which is a shame and Zeitler looks like he lost a step.

Think about though whens last time ANY Oline in the NFL had three new players and improved drastically?

Going to take a few more years and a few more players to make the Oline complete I suspect.

35 minutes ago, mastershake said:

I don't expect to see much different from Hernandez. He hasn't shown anything this season or last.

oh yeah he has. He looks great on the move, as Sephiroth noted. He's made a lot of mental mistakes though. And I really don't know how much of that is mental error on his part, or mental error on his neighbor's part. I don't think we'll have a good sense of that until Gates has his feet under him. 

Now Gates needs to learn how to get from snap to block real quick, because the 49ers are going to have a man in his face every down after his struggles with a man over him the first couple weeks. He was great when he had time to get his hands up. 

Zeitler, I don't know... he hasn't been himself. Hope its not the end of the road for him. For what, like two games last season, before he hurt his shoulder, he looked like the best OL we'd had since Snee, so I'm not sure how we got from there to here. But again, it's early. 

7 hours ago, Herc said:

Quentin Nelson would be a big help right now.  Instead we have an all world talent running back that we can’t block for 

Like I said in another thread... Nelson and Chubb were my original wish list that draft. 

10 hours ago, Herc said:

Quentin Nelson would be a big help right now.  Instead we have an all world talent running back that we can’t block for 

I don't think the line would be much better with Nelson.

I'm willing to bet we dont take Thomas, or even gotten Hernandez and Zeitler.

We probably have Nelson surrounded by a bunch if one year FA vets and he's blocking for Paul Perkins.

Much like Thomas is now instead he's blocking for Freeman.

2 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

Chubb by the way is the poster child for modern reconstructive knee surgery. He had one of the ugliest injuries I've ever seen, and look at him now.

Yep. He looks good. 

I definitely had a chubb for Chubb.