SportsWrath

Roster cuts this far.

BlueInCanada

1 hour ago, Storm said:

Except there isn’t a guy who could even sniff Amani’s jock. Slayton might one day.

I do not recall you having such a high opinion of Amani Toomer.  Guess it started a few years after he retired.  Give them the opportunity and some might just be great.  Slayton is off to a good start.

2 hours ago, Tempest said:

I do not recall you having such a high opinion of Amani Toomer.  Guess it started a few years after he retired.  Give them the opportunity and some might just be great.  Slayton is off to a good start.

Probably all-around, the best Giants receiver I’ve been alive for. Beckham would have been but he only spent what, 4 years here?

9 hours ago, Storm said:

Probably all-around, the best Giants receiver I’ve been alive for. Beckham would have been but he only spent what, 4 years here?

I agree on Amani Toomer though I wonder if we remember him as being better because he was a Giant for so long.  We have had too many what if wideouts whose careers lasted about 4-5 years.  Beckham was just too emotional and brought negative attention to himself and the team which is unfortunate.  For someone who has a positive influence on the game, players and coaches to attract that negative attention is frustrating.

20 hours ago, Tempest said:

I still thought he was the best WR on this team even when Plax was here.

Guy should be on the ring of honor and was probably the most dominate WR in the NFL from the late 90s to early 2000s and was Eli's safety outlet.

Toomer is an all time great Giant.  Not sure it goes much beyond that.

Beckham had the chance to be best WR ever, NFL-wide...but was too much of a headcase and is now wasting his career in Cleveland.

Steve Smith was my favorite Giants WR of all time and I hate that injury stole mist of his career.  No WR, to me, showed as much combined effort and talent as that guy.  Was ALWAYS open when he needed to be.  What a Mr. First Down he was.

I'm not too worried about the skill positions on this team. Between the WR's Shepherd, Tate, Slayton, Engram, Barkley, that's a pretty good group. Of course that's contingent on them staying healthy.

The problem this season is going to be the OL, again (5 years in a row), and pass defense.

2 hours ago, gmenroc said:

Steve Smith was my favorite Giants WR of all time and I hate that injury stole mist of his career.  No WR, to me, showed as much combined effort and talent as that guy.  Was ALWAYS open when he needed to be.  What a Mr. First Down he was.

Giants really seem to fuck up their WR Cruz and Hakeem Nicks. 

Smith hmm I remember he had one really good season. That’s about it

On 9/8/2020 at 10:49 AM, K3VIN said:

Giants really seem to fuck up their WR Cruz and Hakeem Nicks. 

Smith hmm I remember he had one really good season. That’s about it

Yeah, not used much his rookie year.  Came on his 2nd year, lit it up his 3rd year, got hurt, and was never the same after.