SportsWrath

Arrest Warrant issued for DeAndre Baker.

Sephiroth

On 5/21/2020 at 12:50 PM, BronxRik said:

His lawyer claims he was logged into his Madden account at the time of the crime and therefore he couldn't have committed said crime. 

https://nypost.com/2020/05/19/ny-giants-deandre-baker-has-new-defense-amid-criminal-case/

Clearly we're going to have to go to his Twitch stream and see if the game was paused at any time. 

On 5/25/2020 at 4:31 AM, Iceman_NYG said:

He's pleaded not guilty to ALL counts. Hope this whole thing was a shakedown and the kid isnt as retarded as people thought.

Agree.  It a crazy story to begin with but where are the recording?  If he was home playing games. House should have security cameras.  

10 hours ago, TrashTalker92 said:

Agree.  It a crazy story to begin with but where are the recording?  If he was home playing games. House should have security cameras.  

He isnt saying he was at home - just that he was doing some other stupid shit and not THE stupid shit he is being accused of :)

• 1 month later...

Wait.... That was from Pat Leonard. It's a safe bet whatever he's reporting is way off.

Baker's lawyer says it's a shakedown attempt and they've been in contact with the FBI from the start. 

My guess.... Baker and Dunbar are on film doing something that is bad PR... not an armed robbery.... But the witnesses are holding the video over them like it is. 

We know now, this event was supposed to be all NFL level or professional kind of guys, but some of the people there didn't really fit.

• 4 weeks later...

Dunbar gets a walk and Baker gets charged, yep someone went state witness.

Once again just disappointed in Baker for even being in this situation. 

Gettleman will be blamed for this because we need a scapegoat and he knew Baker was going to be trouble just like every other team in the NFL knew which is why they didn't draft him  :russian-roulette2:.

1 hour ago, CrazedDogs said:

Well when even Janoris Jenkins is telling him to grow the fuck up, that is not a good sign.

Yeah I don't blame Getty, Baker was a first round talent with character issues, like he might not take well to certain coaching, and be a pain.

I don't think there is a column in scout reports that say "High likelihood to rob a bunch of people at a card game"

On 8/7/2020 at 7:13 PM, BlueInCanada said:

Yeah I don't blame Getty, Baker was a first round talent with character issues, like he might not take well to certain coaching, and be a pain.

I don't think there is a column in scout reports that say "High likelihood to rob a bunch of people at a card game"

Totally agree, i won’t blame Getty.  You have stories like the Honey Badger who is all pro talent and no one want anything to do with him.   Look at him now, he was given a chance and he took it and changed his life.  I’m not saying the statistics are in favor of the team.  Just sad how Baker could’ve had it all.  

I mean seriously - you really cant tell me that a human being does not even have the bare minimum iota of common sense to avoid such a situation once you are ALREADY about to become a MILLIONAIRE??? Really? Is it that unavoidable? What an absolute tragedy of seeing such a promising life destroyed by actions? This is not like a drug problem or mental issues or anything else. This is just pure unadulterated unnecessary fuckery.

12 hours ago, Iceman_NYG said:

I mean seriously - you really cant tell me that a human being does not even have the bare minimum iota of common sense to avoid such a situation once you are ALREADY about to become a MILLIONAIRE??? Really? Is it that unavoidable? What an absolute tragedy of seeing such a promising life destroyed by actions? This is not like a drug problem or mental issues or anything else. This is just pure unadulterated unnecessary fuckery.

It's no different than the 12 year vet retiring and going broke 3 years later...lack of sense, lack of education, lack of priorities, inability to consider the future in the present....generally speaking, ill-prepared in every way imaginable to be an adult.

14 hours ago, Iceman_NYG said:

I think it's just part of the life star athletes live from highschool onwards.

Many of these guys don't even have to try in school or life, everything is just given to them for being good at football.

It's just a complex they develop. 

I mean I remember in highschool being given passes on tests I never took because we had an out of town game.

It can really make you think that you're untouchable.

I think this Covid shit is going to change all that. And by change i mean the fact that the league will have far less money and this will reset the bar back to when players got thousands to play a game, not millions. Not just the NFL either. If sports can't generate revenue, they can't pay these huge contracts. Everything is going back to the stone age. 

1 hour ago, BronxRik said:

I think this Covid shit is going to change all that. And by change i mean the fact that the league will have far less money and this will reset the bar back to when players got thousands to play a game, not millions. Not just the NFL either. If sports can't generate revenue, they can't pay these huge contracts. Everything is going back to the stone age. 

What’s the percentage of stadium revenue counts for the overall team income?   

3 hours ago, TrashTalker92 said:

What’s the percentage of stadium revenue counts for the overall team income?   

I don't know. I don't even know how to research that, but at $12 for a hot dog, $20 for a beer, and $80 for a $10 T-shirt found on Amazon, that's a lot of cash x32 teams. Not to mention tickets, PSL's and whatnot. The NFL won't be generating that kind of revenue without their fan bases.