Jump to content
SportsWrath
Sign in to follow this  
BlueInCanada

You don't realize how bad JR was until you look at this roster.

Recommended Posts

Only four players remain on the team since JR was canned three years ago.

Not a single player from the 2013-2015 drafts are on the team.

What do people usually say you need to give a draft four or five years to see where you are?

JR apparently was blind lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah.... The cupboard was practically bare at the close of 2017. This is almost an entirely turned over roster now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is 100% the reason why I want to question people's sanity when they wanted DG fired at the end of last year. Yes... some of his moves have been questionable at best, but I always ask in return... do you have any idea what he was and still is trying to correct? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I'm not sure what happened, but from 2011 through 2017, our drafts were an epic disaster. He missed on not one but two top 10 picks (Flowers and Apple) in recent years to make matters worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In fairness, a decent chunk of those players are starting, or have started, for other teams. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know we've had this discussion before and yes, his drafts were bad. 

Also, Tom Couglin kept the worst strength and conditioning coach on the staff for 14 years, and ran players that were injured into the ground. 

When half of your draft picks have ligament tears and Jerry Palmieri is in charge of getting you back onto the field what do you expect. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sometimes I feel the Giants just keep overthinking. They should STFU and pick the guy the majority expects. They pulled some crazy shit with Flowers, Apple and even Andrew Thomas this year and DJ last year - although in hindsight DJ might end up looking like brilliant pick. But overall yeah - theyve always tried to get too cute and pick some shit that blows up in our face. Just go with the top consensus pick!! 

 

They missed out on Marcus Peters and Byron Jones and instead took this Flowers piece of shit.

They missed out on Tunsil, Keanu Neal, Ryan Kelly, Kenny Clark and instead took this Apple fuck.

All those other players are ProBowlers who were available at the time JR was displaying his retardation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Iceman_NYG said:

Sometimes I feel the Giants just keep overthinking. They should STFU and pick the guy the majority expects. They pulled some crazy shit with Flowers, Apple and even Andrew Thomas this year and DJ last year - although in hindsight DJ might end up looking like brilliant pick. But overall yeah - theyve always tried to get too cute and pick some shit that blows up in our face. Just go with the top consensus pick!! 

 

They missed out on Marcus Peters and Byron Jones and instead took this Flowers piece of shit.

They missed out on Tunsil, Keanu Neal, Ryan Kelly, Kenny Clark and instead took this Apple fuck.

All those other players are ProBowlers who were available at the time JR was displaying his retardation.

100%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember “In Reese We Trust”? Hahaha. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Pdouble said:

Remember “In Reese We Trust”? Hahaha. 

I remember thinking "if the 2007 draft is just the start, dynasty here we come"

I mean I won't trade the two SBs for anything but I always felt like there was a lot of missed opportunity to make more than two runs in those 8 years or so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/4/2020 at 12:52 PM, Storm said:

In fairness, a decent chunk of those players are starting, or have started, for other teams. 

Yes, Hankins, Collins, Richburg, Pugh all left as free agents. Beckham was traded.

Jerry was always 3rd to 7th round weak. He never got enough out of those rounds. You couldn't go years doing that and in the end it just but us on the ass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, boohyah said:

Yes, Hankins, Collins, Richburg, Pugh all left as free agents. Beckham was traded.

Jerry was always 3rd to 7th round weak. He never got enough out of those rounds. You couldn't go years doing that and in the end it just but us on the ass.

Yeah I remember for a while looking at our draft picks and thinking, "we always hit on the first round but everyone else sucks." 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it is more of a change in direction.  Some players that Jerry Reese drafted are still in the NFL oddly enough.  Overall the problem has been just too many misses and the failure to put players in a position to excel.  We are left to decipher if it was Reese drafting the wrong guys Coughlin under utilizing them.  I think Jerry Reese has had two good drafts and Tom Coughlin had been overachieving.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...