SportsWrath

Josh Rosen

BlueInCanada

8 hours ago, Virginia Giant said:

Was his wonderlic low?

for a rich kid, it was extremely low. It was in the 20s. It was an average guy score, not a smart guy score, and certainly not a smart guy who grew up with every advantage kind of score. 

Other than Rosen, when a QB or other player gets the 'smart guy' label, they always score at least 35. Eli was a 37 I think. Luck was something like 39. Your Ivy league guys will usually score well into the 40s. 

I was all on the Rosen bandwagon until I saw his wonderlic. I don't put much stock in it when a kid grows up poor or english is his second language (which it may as well be for many who grow up poor). Its a bonus when they score well, and it doesn't tell you much if they don't score well. But that test was made for guys like Rosen, that's who its intended to single out.  

2 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

for a rich kid, it was extremely low. It was in the 20s. It was an average guy score, not a smart guy score, and certainly not a smart guy who grew up with every advantage kind of score. 

Other than Rosen, when a QB or other player gets the 'smart guy' label, they always score at least 35. Eli was a 37 I think. Luck was something like 39. Your Ivy league guys will usually score well into the 40s. 

I was all on the Rosen bandwagon until I saw his wonderlic. I don't put much stock in it when a kid grows up poor or english is his second language (which it may as well be for many who grow up poor). Its a bonus when they score well, and it doesn't tell you much if they don't score well. But that test was made for guys like Rosen, that's who its intended to single out.  

I believe I also read somewhere that he had a very offputting personality, possibly did not have the necessary intangible character traits or grit for an NFL QB. Or something like that. Long story short, heard that the kid was a dick and no-one like him. That matters.

On 9/11/2020 at 9:05 AM, mastershake said:

I believe I also read somewhere that he had a very offputting personality, possibly did not have the necessary intangible character traits or grit for an NFL QB. Or something like that. Long story short, heard that the kid was a dick and no-one like him. That matters.

It's like that scene from that Kevin Costner movie where he's the GM of the Browns?

Kept asking that QB prospect why no one from his team went to his birthday party and the QB couldn't answer.

It's little thing like what you stated that matter when drafting your face of the franchise. 

• 1 month later...

Wasnt the knock on this kid that he was smart and polished and affluent and more than capable of having career outside of football as well - that he wont be dependent on football and hence his 'real passion' for the game was lacking. The talent was always there but he probably wasnt someone who was willing to put in the kind of work and efforts needed by a team or by a QB who ate, drank, slept and breathed football

• 2 months later...