SportsWrath

2020 Giants NFL Draft Thread

Lughead

I had Muse and Duvernay and both are gone. 

Nick Harris or TYler Biedasz at center here in the 4th and I feel like we've had a good draft. At that point, a big target at wideout, backup tightend and I still want Warren at running back.

Also a tidbit about the possibility of drafting a center,

Someone posted on twitter last night of a quote from Getty about Nick Gates and how since he's been drafted he's taken snaps at every position on the Oline in practice so he could be used as a swing guy anywhere if injuries starting hitting the starters.

I honestly think they give Gates at shot at center going into this year.

With how well he looked coming in last year, and how he graded out as one of our better OL players (if you put any stock into that awful PFF site lol) he could excel at center.

There's the developmental tackle, niiiice. 

I'm getting shades of those late 80s drafts with Jumbo Elliot, Eric Moore, Brian Williams... 

Just now, BlueInCanada said:

Also a tidbit about the possibility of drafting a center,

Someone posted on twitter last night of a quote from Getty about Nick Gates and how since he's been drafted he's taken snaps at every position on the Oline in practice so he could be used as a swing guy anywhere if injuries starting hitting the starters.

I honestly think they give Gates at shot at center going into this year.

With how well he looked coming in last year, and how he graded out as one of our better OL players (if you put any stock into that awful PFF site lol) he could excel at center.

Interesting. 

Well can't fill all these holes in one off season. If a guy like Gates can step up at a new position, that is just the kind of thing we need.

I was a bit disappointed with the Peart pick at first, taking a project guy in round three, but then realizing that where the Giants are picking at #99 is practically round four and their next pick is only 10 spots away, they can still end up with some of these talented players falling.

Then you read about Peart and how he should be a steal at where he was picked, you can't go wrong.

Have to trust Getty in terms of drafting the guy has an eye for talent, especially the big boys.

Now if only we could get him away from making trades and FA signings somehow lol

I fully expect the Giants to go crazy with the four 7th round picks.

Draft like four WRs, or just super project guys hoping one of them breaks out.

Draft four DEs and see who can get after the QB.

I expect the next two rounds to be like the first three, grabbing players with multiple years of playing time and are intelligent football players.

After that though, just go out there and get the guys with the biggest boom of bust potential, might end up with the next Marques Colston or Mack Wilson.

5 minutes ago, boohyah said:

I hear about Gates and they are high on him, but I'm tired of taking chances with guys when we can draft a kid with pedigree and build with him. They have a chance here to do that.

I would assume whoever is drafted either in round 4 or later on would have the same amount of risk as Gates to turn into a starting player.

I mean none of the centers left are guys who are going to start day one.

2 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

I would assume whoever is drafted either in round 4 or later on would have the same amount of risk as Gates to turn into a starting player.

I mean none of the centers left are guys who are going to start day one.

I disagree. Both of these guys have years starting in college. Gates isn't a true center. It's time to get one.

I think it's the end of the road for Beal/Hamilton.

Baker, Bradberry, Bellatine, Love and Holmes.

Maybe Hamilton, but a 4th round rookie slot corner isn’t an indicator that they no longer believe in Beal.

We happen to be a team with a bunch of outside corners, so they drafted a guy who’s strength is covering slot guys.

6 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

"ture center"

O'hara was a guard before he was a center after going undrafted.

Yes, I want a guy who played center in college. What's the issue with that?. They got lucky with O'Hara no question but you want us to always rely on converting someone.

Now we have 25 corners.

Just now, Pdouble said:

Maybe Hamilton, but a 4th round rookie slot corner isn’t an indicator that they no longer believe in Beal.

We happen to be a team with a bunch of outside corners, so they drafted a guy who’s strength is covering slot guys.

There's zero chance they run with 6 CBs, after drafing McKinney.

Beal is gone IMO.

There's zero chance they run with 6 CBs, after drafing McKinney.

Beal is gone IMO.

CB: Bradberry, Baker, Beal, Ballentine, Holmes. 

Safety: Peppers, McKinney, Love, Ebner