Jump to content
SportsWrath
Sign in to follow this  
Lughead

2020 Giants NFL Draft Thread

Recommended Posts

Damn to much to hope that we could trade up for Ruiz.

Maybe Espensa falls to us in the secound round.

Guy is a day one starting DE for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m a bit shocked on the Reagor pick for the Eagles. Looking at his film and his metrics, he reminds me of Beckham, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL how long before Rodgers asks for a trade?

He seems like the type of bitch who would get offended by this type of pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jordan Love seems like a wasted pick. Not like he fell because of the same reasons Rodgers did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Storm said:

Jordan Love seems like a wasted pick. Not like he fell because of the same reasons Rodgers did.

I think the Packers are ready to turn the page on Rodgers.

I mean he basically got McCarthy fired, he's fought with LaFeur, all his old WRs say he's an entitled child in the facility and has purposely changed plays at the line to plays that were never called.

I think in 2021 they have an out in his contract where they can cut him without much penalty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a lot of talent falling.

LB Queen and Baun.

DE Espensa

Edge Gratos-Moss

C Cushenburry (best name ever)

Any of these guys are day one starters on the team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Julian Okwara is interesting too. Not falling but definitely a second round talent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Storm said:

I think Julian Okwara is interesting too. Not falling but definitely a second round talent.

If they cant get Baun or Espensa, Okwara should be there late second, and possibly fall into the third.

I think I had him mocked to the Giants trading up in the third for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

If they cant get Baun or Espensa, Okwara should be there late second, and possibly fall into the third.

I think I had him mocked to the Giants trading up in the third for him.

I like Romeo. Julian is better. Well see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Espensa in round two please and thank you.

Get a REAL pass rusher for once on this team in the last 6 years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love these articles this morning.

"The Giants passed on Simmons!!!!! How could they!!!!"

Meanwhile rewind 24 hours ago 

"The Giants are 99% going to take a tackle to protect their franchise QB"

Lol holy fuck it's awful how bad sports writing has become.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to say though I enjoyed this draft x10 more than the previous few years.

They should keep this virtual format honestly.

The only thing I found funny was all the sob stories they brought up when a player was drafted.

"This player lost his sister to cancer"

"This guy's mom was killed in a car accident"

"This guy's brother was shot in a drive by"

Lol like come on they were just drafted why you need to bring that shit up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What I found humorous was during the broadcast they had all those talking heads. They went to all of them except for Kurt Warner. I fell asleep around Pick 20 but before that I had not seen them go to him for any kind of analysis at all. He was just kind of there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this was the best draft broadcast ever, and for reasons I did not anticipate at all. We had a blast making fun of everyone's families acting like fools. 

I'm down with Thomas. I actually didn't watch much of him leading up to this, he was the biggest name, I had the least questions about him... watched a lot of Wills, Becton, and Wirfs instead. Back to the film then just so I get refamiliarize myself..... but Thomas is arguably the best blend of upside and experience among the tackles this year, and clearly worthy of a top ten pick. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

this was the best draft broadcast ever, and for reasons I did not anticipate at all. We had a blast making fun of everyone's families acting like fools. 

I'm down with Thomas. I actually didn't watch much of him leading up to this, he was the biggest name, I had the least questions about him... watched a lot of Wills, Becton, and Wirfs instead. Back to the film then just so I get refamiliarize myself..... but Thomas is arguably the best blend of upside and experience among the tackles this year, and clearly worthy of a top ten pick. 

 

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnTRGtkkcME

At 6:08 Shaun O'Hara and David Diehl breakdown Thomas....   gotta say sound promising to me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And here we go, lots of first round talent sitting at the start of round 2.

Pass rusher, center, WR, LB, all are good picks here.

The only thing I would "hate" would be a safety or another OT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CrazedDogs said:

I wouldn't hate another OT.

 

I feel like the OTs left are all projects, see where they are in two or three years and hope they are starters type of players.

Some other positions like LB/WR/DE all have day one starters.

I mean I would understand why they would take an OT, I would just feel it's a massive waste still on the board.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wouldn't hate a safety either. There are I think three on the board that were in the discussion as first round picks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BlueInCanada said:

I feel like the OTs left are all projects, see where they are in two or three years and hope they are starters type of players.

Some other positions like LB/WR/DE all have day one starters.

I mean I would understand why they would take an OT, I would just feel it's a massive waste still on the board.

 

Probably the case. Lots of damn good players this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well there goes Pittman, they guy would of been the next great Giants WR :(

Oh well come on Espensa or Grato-thepotatoe-moss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...