SportsWrath

2020 Giants NFL Draft Thread

Lughead

5 minutes ago, Storm said:

Jordan Love seems like a wasted pick. Not like he fell because of the same reasons Rodgers did.

I think the Packers are ready to turn the page on Rodgers.

I mean he basically got McCarthy fired, he's fought with LaFeur, all his old WRs say he's an entitled child in the facility and has purposely changed plays at the line to plays that were never called.

I think in 2021 they have an out in his contract where they can cut him without much penalty.

1 minute ago, Storm said:

I think Julian Okwara is interesting too. Not falling but definitely a second round talent.

If they cant get Baun or Espensa, Okwara should be there late second, and possibly fall into the third.

I think I had him mocked to the Giants trading up in the third for him.

13 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

If they cant get Baun or Espensa, Okwara should be there late second, and possibly fall into the third.

I think I had him mocked to the Giants trading up in the third for him.

I like Romeo. Julian is better. Well see.

I love these articles this morning.

"The Giants passed on Simmons!!!!! How could they!!!!"

Meanwhile rewind 24 hours ago 

"The Giants are 99% going to take a tackle to protect their franchise QB"

Lol holy fuck it's awful how bad sports writing has become.

I have to say though I enjoyed this draft x10 more than the previous few years.

They should keep this virtual format honestly.

The only thing I found funny was all the sob stories they brought up when a player was drafted.

"This player lost his sister to cancer"

"This guy's mom was killed in a car accident"

"This guy's brother was shot in a drive by"

Lol like come on they were just drafted why you need to bring that shit up?

What I found humorous was during the broadcast they had all those talking heads. They went to all of them except for Kurt Warner. I fell asleep around Pick 20 but before that I had not seen them go to him for any kind of analysis at all. He was just kind of there.

this was the best draft broadcast ever, and for reasons I did not anticipate at all. We had a blast making fun of everyone's families acting like fools. 

I'm down with Thomas. I actually didn't watch much of him leading up to this, he was the biggest name, I had the least questions about him... watched a lot of Wills, Becton, and Wirfs instead. Back to the film then just so I get refamiliarize myself..... but Thomas is arguably the best blend of upside and experience among the tackles this year, and clearly worthy of a top ten pick. 

8 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

this was the best draft broadcast ever, and for reasons I did not anticipate at all. We had a blast making fun of everyone's families acting like fools. 

I'm down with Thomas. I actually didn't watch much of him leading up to this, he was the biggest name, I had the least questions about him... watched a lot of Wills, Becton, and Wirfs instead. Back to the film then just so I get refamiliarize myself..... but Thomas is arguably the best blend of upside and experience among the tackles this year, and clearly worthy of a top ten pick. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnTRGtkkcME

At 6:08 Shaun O'Hara and David Diehl breakdown Thomas....   gotta say sound promising to me

Just now, CrazedDogs said:

I wouldn't hate another OT.

I feel like the OTs left are all projects, see where they are in two or three years and hope they are starters type of players.

Some other positions like LB/WR/DE all have day one starters.

I mean I would understand why they would take an OT, I would just feel it's a massive waste still on the board.

Just now, BlueInCanada said:

I feel like the OTs left are all projects, see where they are in two or three years and hope they are starters type of players.

Some other positions like LB/WR/DE all have day one starters.

I mean I would understand why they would take an OT, I would just feel it's a massive waste still on the board.

Probably the case. Lots of damn good players this year.