SportsWrath

2020 Giants NFL Draft Thread

Lughead

5 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Who do we trade back with?

For a draft that was supposed to be filled with trades, there hasnt been a single one thus far in the Top 10.

And yes I can convince you because there were 5 teams picking before the Chargers and guess what? None of them traded back lol

I guarantee that Gettleman wanted a second round pick and teams said naw. 

1 minute ago, Storm said:

I guarantee that Gettleman wanted a second round pick and teams said naw. 

And so you trade back and lose out on a stud OT and even the best LB you wanted?

So he wanted a second, so what?

lol once again not a single team has traded down so far in this draft, tell me again how easy it is to do it.

Just now, BlueInCanada said:

And so you trade back and lose out on a stud OT and even the best LB you wanted?

So he wanted a second, so what?

lol once again not a single team has traded down so far in this draft, tell me again how easy it is to do it.

I’m saying that if you draft top 5, you’re better off selecting the best player, not a player that would have gone in 10-15 range, just like offensive lineman have gone every year since like 2010. Especially in a deep offensive line draft.

The Giants used up all their time looking for a trade. Gettleman couldnt or wouldn’t pull it off. Could have had a pick and someone like Thomas. But if you’re sticking put, grab the best player.

Just now, Storm said:

I’m saying that if you draft top 5, you’re better off selecting the best player, not a player that would have gone in 10-15 range, just like offensive lineman have gone every year since like 2010. Especially in a deep offensive line draft.

Isnt this the same mentality of the Jones pick last year though?

We should of picked that DE Allen, because Jones "would of been there at 12"

From what some people are saying the Dolphins wanted to jump to #3 and take Thomas.

3 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Isnt this the same mentality of the Jones pick last year though?

We should of picked that DE Allen, because Jones "would of been there at 12"

From what some people are saying the Dolphins wanted to jump to #3 and take Thomas.

Well it’s been proven now, the linemen all would have been there at 9. With possibly the exception of Thomas.

1 minute ago, Storm said:

Well it’s been proven now, the linemen all would have been there at 9. With possibly the exception of Thomas.

Maybe that means Thomas is the only one worth a top five pick.  

2 minutes ago, Storm said:

And it's been proven, no was was willing to trade up/down in this draft so far.

Oh wait Tampa just traded for an OT maybe they are more valued than "just picking someone up later who are like them".

Just now, Pdouble said:

Maybe that means Thomas is the only one worth a top five pick.  

Time will tell. I’d hate to see some 3rd round tackle project to become a better player than Thomas. 

2 minutes ago, Storm said:

Time will tell. I’d hate to see some 3rd round tackle project to become a better player than Thomas. 

And more than likely some second or later round pick becomes a better player than Simmons.

It's happens all the time in the draft.

But you don't know these things tell 10 years down the road lol

3 minutes ago, Storm said:

Well yeah and I hope Jarrett Stidham doesn’t turn out to be a better QB than Daniel Jones. 

I thought Simmons would be the pick as I think we needed a guy who could improve our overall d. But that wasn't the utmost need we had. We've complained about offensive line for years and in the last 2 years we got guys who in Hernandez and Zeitler. Now Thomas and if we can get a center later to plug in that would be huge.

I thought Lamb was the better WR in the draft.

He has that "fuck you" type of quickness like what OBJ/Cruz had, he just takes a catch and turns it into a 70 yard TD run with ease.

Glad we got Baker and Bradberry cause Lamb and Cooper going to be a headache in the NFC East.