SportsWrath

2020 Giants NFL Draft Thread

Lughead

I like the pick, like I said, I wont be disappointed with THomas.

He's going to start at RT this year more than likely, then switch to LT when Solder is gone.

Dudes going to be a stud for years to come.

Now lets trade back up into the 20s and take Ruiz and suddenly the OL is fucking nuts this year.

2 minutes ago, UK-Giantsfan said:

I suppose it is a sensible choice going for Thomas ........ but I secretly wanted Simmons

We all wanted the hype pick, Simmons was a hype player.

We got a OT who's going to lock down Danny Dimes blindside (eventually) for 10+ years.

And he's going to help Saquon out our HoF RB.

But yes I was thinking Simmons would of been nice there as well.

Just now, Bigblue25 said:

Gettleman drafting for his job Simmons would of been sexy, but probably doesn’t turn ylthem around or make that much of an impact right away he took the safe guy 

I mean we say that, but the defense has been the worst in the NFL for past five years almost.

It doesnt improve with Williams/Martinez/Fackrell, he's probably gone even if Thomas is the rookie of the year.

Andrew Thomas was the best offensive tackle period.

He started his college career at RT and all he did was run block like a freight train for two seasons.  Then he moved over to LT and got better at pass protection.  He didn't forget how to block like a freight train for the running game.  His offense ran play action and ran the ball.

The NY Giants want to run the ball and play action pass.  Andrew Thomas is the perfect fit.  Every other offensive tackle was either a project, or just a RT or eventually just a Guard.  We gave Reese hell for going after athletes over football players, Thomas is a football player.

1 minute ago, BlueInCanada said:

I mean we say that, but the defense has been the worst in the NFL for past five years almost.

It doesnt improve with Williams/Martinez/Fackrell, he's probably gone even if Thomas is the rookie of the year.

That’s true, but Simmons doesn’t do that on his own and he’d have to find his niche in the NFL 

1 minute ago, Tempest said:

Andrew Thomas was the best offensive tackle period.

He started his college career at RT and all he did was run block like a freight train for two seasons.  Then he moved over to LT and got better at pass protection.  He didn't forget how to block like a freight train for the running game.  His offense ran play action and ran the ball.

The NY Giants want to run the ball and play action pass.  Andrew Thomas is the perfect fit.  Every other offensive tackle was either a project, or just a RT or eventually just a Guard.  We gave Reese hell for going after athletes over football players, Thomas is a football player.

I think Wills is a better RT if we are just talking "whos the better tackle"

But Thomas is going to be a stud.

When you have a baby QB and a HoF RB you need studs, not boom or bust projects.

Plus we need a guy who can play both RT/LT like THomas can since Solder is probably starting the year at LT.

2 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

I think Wills is a better RT if we are just talking "whos the better tackle"

But Thomas is going to be a stud.

When you have a baby QB and a HoF RB you need studs, not boom or bust projects.

Plus we need a guy who can play both RT/LT like THomas can since Solder is probably starting the year at LT.

Giants are not drafting the guy who just plays RT for the next 4 years.

It was a deep offensive line draft. Why wouldn’t you pick the best overall defensive player in the draft? Now we get to see offensive lines dudes picked ten plus and realize we could have just traded back if we weren’t going to take Simmons. You can’t convince me no one else wanted to skip the Chargers and grab Herbert.

2 minutes ago, Storm said:

It was a deep offensive line draft. Why wouldn’t you pick the best overall defensive player in the draft? Now we get to see offensive lines dudes picked ten plus and realize we could have just traded back if we weren’t going to take Simmons. You can’t convince me no one else wanted to skip the Chargers and grab Herbert.

Who do we trade back with?

For a draft that was supposed to be filled with trades, there hasnt been a single one thus far in the Top 10.

And yes I can convince you because there were 5 teams picking before the Chargers and guess what? None of them traded back lol

7 hours ago, Pdouble said:

1. Bengals - Joe Burrow(QB, LSU)
2. Reskins - Chase Young(EDGE,Ohio State)
3. Lions - Jeffrey Okuda(CB, Ohio State)
4. Giants - Andrew Thomas(OT, Georgia)
5. Dolphins - Tua Tagovailoa(QB, Alabama)
6. Chargers - Justin Herbert(QB, Oregon)
7. Panthers - Isaiah Simmons(LB/S  Clemson)
8. Cardinals - Derrick Brown(DL, Auburn)
9. Jaguars - CJ Henderson(DB, Florida)
10. Browns - Jedrick Wills(OT, Alabama)
11. Jets - Mekhi Becton(OT, Louisville)
12. Raiders - CeeDee Lamb(WR, Oklahoma)
13. 49ers - Jerry Jeudy (WR, Alabama)
14. Buccaneers - Tristan Wirfs(OL, Iowa)
15. Broncos - Henry Ruggs(WR, Alabama)
16. Falcons - Klavon Chaisson(Edge, LSU)
17. Cowboys - Trevon Diggs(CB, Alabama)
18. Dolphins - Xavier Mckinney(S, Alabama)
19. Raiders - Jeremy Chinn (S, Illinois)
20. Jaguars - Ezra Cleveland(OT, Boise State)
21. Eagles - Justin Jefferson (WR, LSU)
22. Vikings - AJ Terrell (CB, Clemson)
23. Patriots - Patrick Queen (LB, LSU)
24. Saints - Cesar Ruiz (C/G, Michigan)
25. Vikings - Yetur Gross-Matos (Edge, Penn St.)
26. Dolphins - Josh Jones (OT, Houston)
27. Seahawks - Isaiah Wilson (OT, Georgia)
28. Ravens - Kenneth Murray(LB, Oklahoma)
29. Titans - Austin Jackson(OT, USC)
30. Packers - Zach Baun - (LB, Wisconsin)
31. 49ers - Jeff Gladney (CB, TCU)
32. Chiefs - Jaylon Johnson (DB, Utah)

Have some extra time with corona decided to do one real quick.   Probably way off.

If you flip Simmons and Brown my top ten is spot on.