Jump to content
SportsWrath
Sign in to follow this  
boohyah

Blake Martinez to the Giants

Recommended Posts

47 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

We cut Ogletree but replaced him with Ogletree, while still paying the salary for the old Ogletree. 

Yes, and can I remind everyone that Gettlemen traded two draft picks for Ogletree (granted, late rounders).

Plus the Kareem Martin LB pickup that was a total waste.

I find it interesting that the one LB move Getty made that sort of worked was Markus Golden, who it looks like Getty has now shunned in free agency.

I'm serious when I say if we don't go at least 8-8, Getty should be canned. If this current crop, Martinez, Carter, Fackrell, Connolly, and Ximines don't pan out this year, just more of a reason to can him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, mastershake said:

Yes, and can I remind everyone that Gettlemen traded two draft picks for Ogletree (granted, late rounders).

Plus the Kareem Martin LB pickup that was a total waste.

I find it interesting that the one LB move Getty made that sort of worked was Markus Golden, who it looks like Getty has now shunned in free agency.

I'm serious when I say if we don't go at least 8-8, Getty should be canned. If this current crop, Martinez, Carter, Fackrell, Connolly, and Ximines don't pan out this year, just more of a reason to can him.

I'm beginning to lean this way as well. I'd give two years though... I think it all hinges on Jones... but at this point Gettys made as many bad decisions as good ones. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mastershake said:

Yes, and can I remind everyone that Gettlemen traded two draft picks for Ogletree (granted, late rounders).

Plus the Kareem Martin LB pickup that was a total waste.

I find it interesting that the one LB move Getty made that sort of worked was Markus Golden, who it looks like Getty has now shunned in free agency.

I'm serious when I say if we don't go at least 8-8, Getty should be canned. If this current crop, Martinez, Carter, Fackrell, Connolly, and Ximines don't pan out this year, just more of a reason to can him.

Reports are is Golden wants to test the FA markets and see what type of contracts he's going to get.

Plus there's talk about how DEs/Pass rushers are waiting for Clowney to set the tone of the market.

He signs a 25+ million dollar contract then expect any pass rushers value to go up by a few million.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Golden earned himself some money, but what he proved was he can get sacks in Bettchers system, we don’t have bettchers system anymore.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Pdouble said:

Golden earned himself some money, but what he proved was he can get sacks in Bettchers system, we don’t have bettchers system anymore.  

Why is someone else's system going to adversely affect his sacks?

Is our new DC's system going to magically get Fackrell and Leonard Williams up to 8 plus sacks each? But it wouldn't have been effective with Golden?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mastershake said:

Why is someone else's system going to adversely affect his sacks?

Is our new DC's system going to magically get Fackrell and Leonard Williams up to 8 plus sacks each? But it wouldn't have been effective with Golden?


 

I don’t know, but it’s not the first or last time someone excelled in one system over others. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Pdouble said:


 

I don’t know, but it’s not the first or last time someone excelled in one system over others. 

I'd prefer to take my chances with Golden in this system over Fackrell, for a reasonable price, but agree to disagree.

I don't see much interest in Golden since he tested free agency. We may have been able to get him cheap at like 2 years $12 millions, or 3 years $20mm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mastershake said:

I'd prefer to take my chances with Golden in this system over Fackrell, for a reasonable price, but agree to disagree.

I don't see much interest in Golden since he tested free agency. We may have been able to get him cheap at like 2 years $12 millions, or 3 years $20mm.


 

I actually like that Gettleman is trusting the coaches. 
 

I remember that being an area of concern, that Gettleman is going to just keep doing his thing without listening to coaching staff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

um, he's the exact opposite kind of player. His raw stat lines jump out. He's had 200+ tackle seasons.

The problem is, those 200+ tackles are mostly 5+ yards downfield. 

 

I remember people used to say this about mike barrow, but right now mike barrow would be a big improvement on this group.  He’s not a 3 tool linebacker, that’s why he didn’t get major linebacker money

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...