SportsWrath

Engram a trade candidate according to Matthew Berry

Herc

I mean if the haul if right, sure, and the injury concerns are valid, but he's a top tier talent at the position and we're not really falling over ourselves with pass catchers for DJ.  Not sure if just moving him to more of a WE would help reduce the injuries, I don't know what his breakdown is of percentage played on the line and split out, but maybe he doesn;t need to be on the line at all?

I think we should let him hit free agency at the end of his contract.  I don't believe the Giants can get a decent trade for him.  He has injury issues yet decent production when healthy, production we need now.

2 hours ago, Tempest said:

I think we should let him hit free agency at the end of his contract.  I don't believe the Giants can get a decent trade for him.  He has injury issues yet decent production when healthy, production we need now.

Yeah. Personally I’m ready to move on, but right now might not be the best time to do that. 
I doubt it, but if they can get a third round pick for him, I say pull the trigger though. With his injuries I doubt they’d get a third. 

Obviously what happens in FA could change the situation. 

Im sick of the injuries but aj bouye was just traded for only a 4th rounder.  Yes, he’s a 13+ cap hit for two more years but he’s still better than engram at a more premium position.  

3 minutes ago, Herc said:

Im sick of the injuries but aj bouye was just traded for only a 4th rounder.  Yes, he’s a 13+ cap hit for two more years but he’s still better than engram at a more premium position.  

Bouye is also on the other side of his career 29 years old and hasn't finished a full season since 2016.

Engram isn't even 26 yet.

I could see getting a third/fourth for Engram and I don't see why the Giants wouldn't pull the trigger on it.

53 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

Play him till October, then trade him to the Jets for a third and conditional fourth. 

I’d take it, would just be surprised if we got an offer that strong considering the current trade market.  

He’ll also probably be hurt by October 

I think that it's time the trading players stopped. He deserves a year to prove himself under the new regime. He's a good player, we just don't see him enough out there.

Build this team through the draft, supplement the team with free agents and pay according to position. This is what the Giants are supposed to be focused on. Trading guys all the fucking time screws that up.

9 minutes ago, boohyah said:

I think that it's time the trading players stopped. He deserves a year to prove himself under the new regime. He's a good player, we just don't see him enough out there.

Build this team through the draft, supplement the team with free agents and pay according to position. This is what the Giants are supposed to be focused on. Trading guys all the fucking time screws that up.

But this could go one of two ways.

He has a "prove it year" and he has a pro bowl year then you have to throw a massive contract at him, in which he could just return to missing more games sitting on the bench collecting a large portion of the cap.

Or he leaves the team for a pay day elsewhere and your left looking to fill another position on the team.

It sucks sure but that's the NFL rarely does a player last longer than 4 or 5 years on a team.

Garrett has been spoiled with Witten for his entire time in Dallas - am sure he knows a thing or two on how to make the TE effective. Engram looks like he will be 100% with his foot injury only by around training camp time. Id like to see Engram for 1 year with this new injury. If the douchebag once again pulls a hammy jerking off or brushing his teeth cut Captain Questionable immediately.

At this point, why not move him to wideout, with Slayton on the opposite side, with Shepherd and Tate alternating at or competing for the slot?

He's not a good blocker anyway, and can't stay healthy as a traditional or even a move oriented TE.

I think it's worth a try. I can't see anyone trading much for him.

By the way, the kid from Florida Atlantic looks like he could be a steal in round 2.

22 hours ago, mastershake said:

At this point, why not move him to wideout, with Slayton on the opposite side, with Shepherd and Tate alternating at or competing for the slot?

He's not a good blocker anyway, and can't stay healthy as a traditional or even a move oriented TE.

I think it's worth a try. I can't see anyone trading much for him.

By the way, the kid from Florida Atlantic looks like he could be a steal in round 2.

I know I'm not the only one on here who has been saying to move him to WR since the day he was drafted.

If he can't stay healthy maybe lining up across from CBs who are much smaller than him will help.

Regardless of what happens to Engram and if he gets another contract or not, TE is a concern this year if not next.

Smith showed he's a very capable blocker and pass catcher, but we will need someone behind him if Engram moves on, this kid you mentioned looks like he could become a good TE under Garrett.

However being one of the best TEs on the board, he might be long gone before the second round, might have to trade back up into round one to get him.

Maybe a trade package with Engram?