Jump to content
SportsWrath

Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, MakeMeSomeFoodHo said:

It's very odd with Stanton. Makes me question the Yankees training regimen or what they allow players to do and not to do. In any type of physical exercise/activity. 

 

Especially since it's a lot of players who never were fragile until they put on the pinstripes.

 

Stanton played like 150 games a year...every year... except the year he was hit in the face....when he was with the Marlin's.

 

Was healthy his first year with the Yanks...and in his second year...he is out all the time and now again

 

You have to question the training staff. 

 

It could all be coincidental and it probably is.....or maybe it isn't? 

 

It's a legitimate concern at this point. And they retooled their training staff last year. Has to be something that the Yankees have their players do. Maybe too much of one thing and not enough of another? No idea..but I smell fish

Even in time Giacarlo has played...the game has changed. Alot

Exit Volocity......Launch Angles.....WAR...all that shit has to be in these guys heads and making them ...well....break away from their natural swings and motions and attempting to "maximize" all that analytics...shit. 

You are not old enough to remember this...but in the 70s and even the 80s....with maybe only the Royals and Charlie Howe school of hitting notwithstanding....no two players on a team's swing....looked alike. Reggie was waayyyy different from Rivers.....Nettles was way different from Chambliss. .maybe Munson and Pinnella were....close...

Now...Jesus Christ...they like fucking robots....hands and stance almost identical from Wade to Judge.

I don't know if it is med staff...but I really think it is over coaching.

If Joe Morgan or Yaz pleased today...some fucking "swing" Guru would tell Morgan to stop twitching and tell Yaz..."you hold the bat too high".

I know that sounds like old grummy guy...but...i am...and I think I am right on this.

They are getting Stanton to over tork and injure himself ...and the kid is killing himself trying to live up to that deal he signed....and it is fucking shame cause he is really good guy.

C. Wagon

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Jesus Christ they are embarrassing. Lost a winnable game to the Mets where degrom didn't throw one pitch.

6 game losing streak is probably like a 15 game losing streak if this weren't a shortened season. They're lucky they started so hot because they'd be out of the 8 seed race right now

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/28/2020 at 6:10 PM, MakeMeSomeFoodHo said:

Jesus Christ they are embarrassing. Lost a winnable game to the Mets where degrom didn't throw one pitch.

6 game losing streak is probably like a 15 game losing streak if this weren't a shortened season. They're lucky they started so hot because they'd be out of the 8 seed race right now

 

 

They  got to feast on the BoSox and Os for the first half of the season......Jesus they both stink on ice.

They stole that first game yesterday.....got a sweep...the Garcia Kid....looks like a Dave Cone when he pitched for KC.....6 innings....MLB debut....NO BBs......fucking guy is nails.

Have to make up some ground on the Rays.....Got Cole going tonight....

C. Wagon

Link to post
Share on other sites

They should have swept the Mets.

 

The Ray's are killing the Yankees this year. And they have only l, Glasnow healthy for their starting staff. Their bullpen is incredible. They throw like 6 innings everyday that Glasnow doesn't start. Sometimes 9 innings.

 

The Yankees have too many injuries...no lineup continuity. It's very hard to hit when you're getting regular at bats. It's almost impossible to get in a groove offensively when you you have a new line up daily.

 

Only voit and le machine are hitting and that's because they play every day.

 

They are the Yankees offense right now. With Sanchez hitting a clutch home run now and then, when he isn't striking out. 

 

I'm glad they didn't do anything at the trade deadline, it would have been stupid. They need to play the kids regularly at this point. Who cares about winning the world series this year...it doesn't count in my book. Play the kids that you think are in the teams near future and rest the guys like judge so they're good to go next season.

 

They should have traded guys like le maihue, tanaka, paxton...guys in their walk years. And they could just sign them again in the off-season. And they would get some talent to boot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MakeMeSomeFoodHo said:

They should have swept the Mets.

 

The Ray's are killing the Yankees this year. And they have only l, Glasnow healthy for their starting staff. Their bullpen is incredible. They throw like 6 innings everyday that Glasnow doesn't start. Sometimes 9 innings.

 

The Yankees have too many injuries...no lineup continuity. It's very hard to hit when you're getting regular at bats. It's almost impossible to get in a groove offensively when you you have a new line up daily.

 

Only voit and le machine are hitting and that's because they play every day.

 

They are the Yankees offense right now. With Sanchez hitting a clutch home run now and then, when he isn't striking out. 

 

I'm glad they didn't do anything at the trade deadline, it would have been stupid. They need to play the kids regularly at this point. Who cares about winning the world series this year...it doesn't count in my book. Play the kids that you think are in the teams near future and rest the guys like judge so they're good to go next season.

 

They should have traded guys like le maihue, tanaka, paxton...guys in their walk years. And they could just sign them again in the off-season. And they would get some talent to boot.

C. Wagon

Link to post
Share on other sites

TB v NYY.....starting to get interesting now.....not sure why Chapman threw a 100 mph fastball over that guys head...but if they hit La Machine off the bat tonight....I bet we are going to find out how good a fighter Sanchez is.

Times like this I wish they'd sign D Straw or Nettles to a two day contract those fuckers would throw down with Jesus.

C. Wagon

Link to post
Share on other sites

They have been throwing inside all year to the Yankees. 

 

Tanaka was trying to hit people, but he doesn't throw hard and was aiming for their feet. They hit wendle...it should have been over.

 

Chapman is a cowboy, he is old school. He didn't think hitting Wendel was enough. So he threw 100 mph fastballs at their heads. Rays didn't like it. Cash said he has a pitching staff full of guys who throw 100 and will retaliate.

 

Should be interesting

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MakeMeSomeFoodHo said:

They have been throwing inside all year to the Yankees. 

 

Tanaka was trying to hit people, but he doesn't throw hard and was aiming for their feet. They hit wendle...it should have been over.

 

Chapman is a cowboy, he is old school. He didn't think hitting Wendel was enough. So he threw 100 mph fastballs at their heads. Rays didn't like it. Cash said he has a pitching staff full of guys who throw 100 and will retaliate.

 

Should be interesting

Yep....LeMehiue knows he is the #1 target....what do you want to be that Opie Taylor motherfucker is a good fighter too......but my money is on Sanchez being the heavy for the yanks.

C.W agon

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Yankees need continuity. Their offense is awful.

 

They're averaging only like 4 runs a game...but that's not a good indicator because they started out mashing. Over their last 20 they're averaging like 2.6 runs per game...that's awful

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

They go on a tear and now they are playing like shit. 

 

However....i think they're just getting ready for the playoffs. Lot of guys need at bats since they missed so much time. Im optimistic. I think they are going to manhandle niggaz in the playoffs. They have shown that they can go on a tear at any given moment

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/26/2020 at 6:11 AM, MakeMeSomeFoodHo said:

They go on a tear and now they are playing like shit. 

 

However....i think they're just getting ready for the playoffs. Lot of guys need at bats since they missed so much time. Im optimistic. I think they are going to manhandle niggaz in the playoffs. They have shown that they can go on a tear at any given moment

Fucking Baseball......

They went on the tear before they tried to figure out where to plug Stanton and Judge in.....they have had 5 dramatically different batting orders in five straight games.

How did the Schmidt kid look....only 4 ks that I saw. ...sort of hoping he, Garcia, Cole, Tanakia, and Paxon are the rotation next year and  Germane, Servino and Happ fight for a spot starter role.....

Oh...and I fucking hate the Indians.....like..more than the Bosox hate them.

C. Wagon

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/28/2020 at 11:21 AM, Chuck Wagon said:

Fucking Baseball......

They went on the tear before they tried to figure out where to plug Stanton and Judge in.....they have had 5 dramatically different batting orders in five straight games.

How did the Schmidt kid look....only 4 ks that I saw. ...sort of hoping he, Garcia, Cole, Tanakia, and Paxon are the rotation next year and  Germane, Servino and Happ fight for a spot starter role.....

Oh...and I fucking hate the Indians.....like..more than the Bosox hate them.

C. Wagon

They should win tonight. I know that beiber kid has been incredible this year but we have Cole going. And cole will absolutely carve up the indians pathetic line up.

 

I see cole going 8 innings...1 hit 17 ks tonight. 

 

Yankees win 5-0

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/29/2020 at 11:03 AM, MakeMeSomeFoodHo said:

They should win tonight. I know that beiber kid has been incredible this year but we have Cole going. And cole will absolutely carve up the indians pathetic line up.

 

I see cole going 8 innings...1 hit 17 ks tonight. 

 

Yankees win 5-0

Fuck...you almost nailed the K count.

Boone definately got the formula right last night.....rather see Frazier then Stanton at this point....even with the garbage time homer.....77 just makes more contact. My guess his he will be on the DL soon enough.

Good Judge wake up....and Torres.

Sanchez has to be butt hurt that Cole now has a personal catcher.....doubt it will be much longer before some of the others want one too.....Sanchez costs guys strikes and calls a shitty game...he is not worth the mess back there without his bat working.......too much to chance in these short series.

C.W agon

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/30/2020 at 12:16 PM, Chuck Wagon said:

Fuck...you almost nailed the K count.

Boone definately got the formula right last night.....rather see Frazier then Stanton at this point....even with the garbage time homer.....77 just makes more contact. My guess his he will be on the DL soon enough.

Good Judge wake up....and Torres.

Sanchez has to be butt hurt that Cole now has a personal catcher.....doubt it will be much longer before some of the others want one too.....Sanchez costs guys strikes and calls a shitty game...he is not worth the mess back there without his bat working.......too much to chance in these short series.

C.W agon

Sanchez was clutch last night....and thats why you dont give up on him.

 

This season was disastrous for sanchez, but it was a weird season in general. I take his regular season with a grain of salt.  Must have been especially difficult for him to get in shape and used to the bizarre schedule. Hopefully this post season will bring the best out if gary.

 

Theyre going to need everyone to be ar their best if theyre going to get passed the rays .

 

 

But how about urshela? Flashing the leather...caught a laser grounder abd turned it into a double play while seated. Incredible

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/1/2020 at 11:29 AM, MakeMeSomeFoodHo said:

Sanchez was clutch last night....and thats why you dont give up on him.

 

This season was disastrous for sanchez, but it was a weird season in general. I take his regular season with a grain of salt.  Must have been especially difficult for him to get in shape and used to the bizarre schedule. Hopefully this post season will bring the best out if gary.

 

Theyre going to need everyone to be ar their best if theyre going to get passed the rays .

 

 

But how about urshela? Flashing the leather...caught a laser grounder abd turned it into a double play while seated. Incredible

Yes on Sanchez....and good to See Stanton get off....his swing...is ...very similar to Fraziers....fuckers have next level bat speed. They literally explode.

Urshela...and Voit......to absolute steals of trades.

I think the last time the Yankees got two such quality players for next to nothing....was two other 3b and 1B....back when the Old Man stole Nettles and Chambliss from the tribe in 73/74.

They are soooooo fucking due on Rays. Really glad they started pitching in on those fucks that last series. Going to be fun...but only if the Yanks win LOL.

C> Wgaon

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Yes on Sanchez....and good to See Stanton get off....his swing...is ...very similar to Fraziers....fuckers have next level bat speed. They literally explode.

Urshela...and Voit......to absolute steals of trades.

I think the last time the Yankees got two such quality players for next to nothing....was two other 3b and 1B....back when the Old Man stole Nettles and Chambliss from the tribe in 73/74.

They are soooooo fucking due on Rays. Really glad they started pitching in on those fucks that last series. Going to be fun...but only if the Yanks win LOL.

C> Wgaon

Yeah, although he wasnt very good in the few innings he threw fir the Yankees, gallaegos turned out to be a good late inning reliever for the cardinals. But id take arguably the 3rd best 1st basemen (offensively) in baseball over a relief pitcher any day. 

 

I hate the rays...i hate Florida...i hate that depressing dome stadium they call home. Worst ballpark in baseball....and its by far...toronto is awful too...but its significantly better than the trop. I hate blake snell and his wigger accent....i hate kevin cash cause he played for the red sox...i hate their ugly uniforms....i hate everything about them.

 

Yankees in 3. They tattoo snell in game 1...cole pitches a gem.

 

Tanaka returns to his dominant October self in game 2 and happ continues his stellar pitching like his last 7 starts.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MakeMeSomeFoodHo said:

Yeah, although he wasnt very good in the few innings he threw fir the Yankees, gallaegos turned out to be a good late inning reliever for the cardinals. But id take arguably the 3rd best 1st basemen (offensively) in baseball over a relief pitcher any day. 

 

I hate the rays...i hate Florida...i hate that depressing dome stadium they call home. Worst ballpark in baseball....and its by far...toronto is awful too...but its significantly better than the trop. I hate blake snell and his wigger accent....i hate kevin cash cause he played for the red sox...i hate their ugly uniforms....i hate everything about them.

 

Yankees in 3. They tattoo snell in game 1...cole pitches a gem.

 

Tanaka returns to his dominant October self in game 2 and happ continues his stellar pitching like his last 7 starts.

 

 

I am so glad you didnt fucking die James. :)

C. Wgaon

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...