Jump to content
SportsWrath
Sign in to follow this  
BlueInCanada

Giants "open for business" at #4

Recommended Posts

On Tuesday, Gettleman said at a press conference, via Ralph Vacchiano of SNY, that the team is “open for business” when it comes to trading back this time. If so, it would mark a serious change in approach.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/02/25/dave-gettleman-says-giants-open-for-business-regarding-trading-back/

 

I still say if Young and Okudah are off the board by four not a single player is worth the top 5 pick there if it ain't a QB.

This year's draft class is void of those game changers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A game changer includes a tackle who can protect the QB. Willis could be that guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, boohyah said:

A game changer includes a tackle who can protect the QB. Willis could be that guy.

I don't think any OT is worth a top 5 pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trade to 6 or 7 and take the best OT available, hopefully Jedrick Willis or Andrew Thomas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After his combine showing I think Becton would be a easy top 5 pick, a guy his size with his athletic showing is rare.

Wifs also made a case but it looks like he'll be moved to guard by whichever team takes him.

Honestly the Giants can't do much wrong.

Stay put and draft Okudah/Simmions/Becton/Young if he drops, then great.

Trade back and pick up a couple extra picks and maybe still get Becton/Simmons or another OT, great.

I think the biggest loss would be if they grab a WR or something if they trade back, lots of talent in round two at WR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

After his combine showing I think Becton would be a easy top 5 pick, a guy his size with his athletic showing is rare.

Wifs also made a case but it looks like he'll be moved to guard by whichever team takes him.

Honestly the Giants can't do much wrong.

Stay put and draft Okudah/Simmions/Becton/Young if he drops, then great.

Trade back and pick up a couple extra picks and maybe still get Becton/Simmons or another OT, great.

I think the biggest loss would be if they grab a WR or something if they trade back, lots of talent in round two at WR.

Yeah Becton is a freak. He has a lot to learn, but like you said a guy his size if coachable would be a mauler. I think they could drop as far as 3 to 4 spots and still get him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/26/2020 at 9:35 AM, BlueInCanada said:

I don't think any OT is worth a top 5 pick.

And we keep saying that every fucking year then we complain why we can't run the ball and why the QB is running for his life... Dallas sucked balls for so long and they kept drafting OL after OL after OL... and look at how great a mediocre Dak looks behind that OL... and we have a better running back than theirs... I get OL isn't a sexy position... but we needed to start building a solid OL thru the draft 10 years ago...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Prince_Nas said:

And we keep saying that every fucking year then we complain why we can't run the ball and why the QB is running for his life... Dallas sucked balls for so long and they kept drafting OL after OL after OL... and look at how great a mediocre Dak looks behind that OL... and we have a better running back than theirs... I get OL isn't a sexy position... but we needed to start building a solid OL thru the draft 10 years ago...

Yeah the Giants have been snake bite with any high end Oline they draft or FA brought in with the exception of Zeitler.

Hard to build a team when you need to rebuild the most important unit every three or four years cause the players don't pan out.

At the same time I would say that both defensive and offensive need are equal at this point. Dline and Oline could both use an franchise player equally at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Yeah the Giants have been snake bite with any high end Oline they draft or FA brought in with the exception of Zeitler.

Hard to build a team when you need to rebuild the most important unit every three or four years cause the players don't pan out.

At the same time I would say that both defensive and offensive need are equal at this point. Dline and Oline could both use an franchise player equally at this point.

We've invested so much draft capital in the DT position without really nothing above mediocre to show for it... we've fucked around the OL position letting TN hop over us for Conklin then setting for trash like Flowers...   I think we need some really good OLs in this draft... and unless Young somehow falls to us at 4, then we get the best OL possible (would be even sweeter if we draft back and still land 2 1st round OLs.... yeah I get they're not going to start day one but I'm ok with that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gallery over mannimg!!!!!

 

 

 

 

He was a pretty good player too though....but im glad we traded for eli.

 

If you get a white guy, qb is the position that he should play. Nowhere else....maybe punter and/or kicker...but no more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Wifs also made a case but it looks like he'll be moved to guard by whichever team takes him.

Worst OLineman name since Flowers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Treehugger said:

Worst OLineman name since Flowers.

His  name is actuall "Wirfs..." but could you imagine a line with "Wiffs," "Flowers," "Whimper" and "Weiner" all on it?  

Best line ever. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/25/2020 at 2:48 PM, BlueInCanada said:

On Tuesday, Gettleman said at a press conference, via Ralph Vacchiano of SNY, that the team is “open for business” when it comes to trading back this time. If so, it would mark a serious change in approach.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/02/25/dave-gettleman-says-giants-open-for-business-regarding-trading-back/

 

I still say if Young and Okudah are off the board by four not a single player is worth the top 5 pick there if it ain't a QB.

This year's draft class is void of those game changers.

He also said though that he wouldn't make the trade until the draft because he'd want to see who was there with the pick.  Still a chance we get Young, but Okudah (sp?) was REALLY funny and impressive in his interviews. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sephiroth said:

He also said though that he wouldn't make the trade until the draft because he'd want to see who was there with the pick.  Still a chance we get Young, but Okudah (sp?) was REALLY funny and impressive in his interviews. 

He's regarded as one of the best man coverage CBs to come out of the draft in awhile, comparisons to Revis.

I would not be disappointed in the slightest if the Giants took him at #4.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jones, the 4th overall  this year, a second next year and this year’s 4th round for Haskins, 2nd overall this year and one of the skins wideouts 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...