SportsWrath

Jason Garret hired as OC

Nas

1 hour ago, MakeMeSomeFoodHo said:

Kinda.... but black is black. And I want a very black team.. coaches and players 

JG identifies as a black guy. Sometimes a Asian 8 year old girl. So does Joe Judge. We have a freaky pitch black trio. 

Not sure how I feel about this hire. 

On one hand, he's a fucking Cowboy. Fuck him, fuck Jerry, and fuck the Cowboys.

On the other hand, as has been stated, he's better at OC than HC and could make our offense relevant again. And while I'm aware he was a Giant for a few years, he was with the Cowboys for 12.

I'll reserve making a judgment until next January. 

Saw a tweet on espn that said one of the cons of hiring Garret was that he is very likely or could very well leave for a HC job next year, meaning the third OC and third system for Jones in 3 years.  That's true of any potential OC hire, but maybe especially true for JG.

On the other hand, I could see JG sticking around a few years while he re-establishes himself as an offensive guru and waits for the perfect HC opportunity.  I guess it just depends on what jobs become available next year.

On 1/19/2020 at 9:07 PM, Virginia Giant said:

Saw a tweet on espn that said one of the cons of hiring Garret was that he is very likely or could very well leave for a HC job next year, meaning the third OC and third system for Jones in 3 years.  That's true of any potential OC hire, but maybe especially true for JG.

On the other hand, I could see JG sticking around a few years while he re-establishes himself as an offensive guru and waits for the perfect HC opportunity.  I guess it just depends on what jobs become available next year.

Yeah that's really the biggest con to the whole hiring, what if he leaves after a year?

I'm willing to bet though the Giants i.e. Mara and Tisch told him if Judge goes like 3-29 the next two years, that Garrett will be giving the reigns to the team.

It's a great hire by Judge, really shows he has no fear in losing his job and willing to take on the possibility of this guy he hired as OC might one day take his job if he does not perform.

Or the Giants have a complete turn around in two years and make the playoffs in which case then maybe Garrett leaves.

6 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Yeah that's really the biggest con to the whole hiring, what if he leaves after a year?

I'm willing to bet though the Giants i.e. Mara and Tisch told him if Judge goes like 3-29 the next two years, that Garrett will be giving the reigns to the team.

It's a great hire by Judge, really shows he has no fear in losing his job and willing to take on the possibility of this guy he hired as OC might one day take his job if he does not perform.

Or the Giants have a complete turn around in two years and make the playoffs in which case then maybe Garrett leaves.

I'm afraid everyone is reading too much in to this... Garrett failed at HC and the chances of him getting another HC gig over the next 3 years (probably every) is slim to none.   I don't think Tisch and Mara would say something like you mentioned... it's just unprofessional. 

On 1/18/2020 at 1:40 PM, BlueInCanada said:

Barkley and Engram must be happy.

Garrett makes heavy use of RBs and TEs in his system.

Engram is too small to play in Garrett’s type offense... we are now going to have reamp our entire offensive line. Already the OLine are too small. 

48 minutes ago, NeMesiS said:

Engram is too small to play in Garrett’s type offense... we are now going to have reamp our entire offensive line. Already the OLine are too small. 

We were going to have to revamp it anyways.

Remmers is a FA.

Solder has one more year left.

Zeitler has one more year left and he'll be 32?

Who's the centre?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2020 at 3:23 PM, BlueInCanada said:

We were going to have to revamp it anyways.

Remmers is a FA.

Solder has one more year left.

Zeitler has one more year left and he'll be 32?

Who's the centre?

True... I just hope Jason Garrett stay for a few years before becoming a HQ again