SportsWrath

NY Giants vs. Philadelphia Eagles

BronxRik

1 hour ago, mastershake said:

If we can replace Hernandez this off-season with someone better, why shouldn't we?

Ummm couldn't this be said for any player on the team?

If Jones could be replaced by someone better, why shouldnt he?

If Barkley could be replaced by someone better, why should he?

I'm not saying don't upgrade a position that you can, I'm just saying Hernandez is at the bottom of a long list of problems this team has to deal with.

A new HC

A new DC

Two starting OTs.

Three starting LBs.

A starting CB across from Baker.

Two starting pass rushers.

A starting center.

Replacing a second year guard who had one promising year and one bad year.

A true #1 WR.

A back up RB

But yeah, lets focus on a second year player when the entire team has played awful lol

Hernandez is a 2nd round pick - who showed a lot of promise last year - arguably the best OL last year. This year, the whole team has been a dumpster fire. Everyone has just shown flashes in the pan and no one has put together a consistent or a continuously improved showing. Baker, Love a little maybe and they too whiffed on more plays than acceptable.

Hernandez is gonna be a main stay in the team and will not be too expensive and hopefully with better coaching can turn out to be the player who showed all that potential.

At point, we guys were thinking he could almost a 2nd round Quentin Nelson type!!

5 hours ago, mastershake said:

If we can replace Hernandez this off-season with someone better, why shouldn't we?

well that is true of anyone....  but figuring in cap ramifications, he's on a rookie contract, so replacing him with someone better may be a tall order. 

Rich Seubert, where are you now?

15 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

I've been thinking about that, and here's where I came down on it. Cowboys to the playoffs is good for us in the long run because just so long as they don't get completely humiliated it will reinforce their current Garrett, Prescott regime... I don't think that's a championship level coach-QB tandem... so the longer they stay in Dallas, the better. 

Tate = cut the bum. 

I'm pretty sure the Garret ship set sail last week. The one thing I'm holding onto is JJs ego wont let him turn the team over to his son and until that happens, everybody in the NFCE will benefit.