SportsWrath

NY Giants vs. Philadelphia Eagles

BronxRik

2 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

Hernandez lets us down that time. Philly is killing us on the stunts today. Hell, everybody has been killing us on stunts all season, especially when Jones is at QB. 

Oline has been really disappointing except for Zeitler and Gates this season.

Remmers is beyond done, Solder will never play an impactful snap again and Hernandez has regressed to bench player. Pulley should be starting for Halapio at this point.

1 minute ago, BlueInCanada said:

Oline has been really disappointing except for Zeitler and Gates this season.

Remmers is beyond done, Solder will never play an impactful snap again and Hernandez has regressed to bench player. Pulley should be starting for Halapio at this point.

And Hernandez had his back to the guy who picked up the sack last time.  He's been bad today. 

the only encouragement I can take away from this season is that I have never seen a team that fails because of such mental errors. I can't complain about the play calling in most cases. But I can complain about the fact that so many of those plays fail because somebody just doesn't do their assignment.

Assuming of course their assignment was something rational.... can't imagine that Gates was supposed to pass protect while everybody else was doing student body right. 

Just now, UK-Giantsfan said:

The only good thing about the result tonight is that it will help the Cowboys to implode . Jerry will go nuts and sack Garrett and the whole thing will fall apart ......... I hate the Cowboys nearly as much as the Eagles

At least the Eagles fought for the playoff spot.

The Cowboys had four easy opponents to start the season and they were declared as super bowl champs.

my god, yes, we all know the Eagles have a lot of injured players.... it's a lot, but I've seen a lot worse too.... but I cannot recall the color guys going on and on so much about a team's injuries. Ever. It's usually not even any more than an in game graphic or two. 

Maybe it should be talked about more, but in contrast to the norms it's feeling a little fanboyish today. 

2 minutes ago, mastershake said:

Everyone on the OL is a backup/practice squad player except Zeitler. It's time to admit Hernandez is a bust, the Halapio experiment at C failed, and Nate Solder is the worst signing in Giants history.

I still don't see how you can delcare a guy like Hernandez a bust after one good and one bad season.

He hasn't improved at all though. 

Lol

1 minute ago, Storm said:

And with Solder, they had to do something. I think he ends up being a better guard than tackle for us. I wouldn’t be opposed to keeping him on with a pay cut.

I have no problem with the signing just how much they gave him.

Solder ain't built to play guard though.

He's to tall and not strong enough a DT will get under his pads and blow him up every play.

Just now, mastershake said:

He's regressed. What has he done this season to indicate he can be a reliable starting guard next season?

He was one his rookie season.

He's regressed this season.

He's going to get one to two more season to see what type of player he is.

So if Jones looks like hot garbage next year, you just give up on him and move on?

If any of the rookies look like garbage in their second year you just drop them?

lol

OK, we might as well not draft any players then since they'll all be off the team in two years.

7 minutes ago, mastershake said:

He's regressed. What has he done this season to indicate he can be a reliable starting guard next season?

he's made no more mental errors than anybody else on that unit, except probably Zeitler. I'd be more concerned if I saw him getting blown up out there. 

the thing that I wonder about is, if everybody on the team has the same problem, is the problem really with all the individuals? That tells me its almost certainly either a fundamental flaw in how we identify talent or teach the techniques.