SportsWrath

Jenkins is a retard

BlueInCanada

10 hours ago, Iceman_NYG said:

The actual definition of retarded is 'less advanced in mental, physical or social development than is usual for one's age'. Since when did it become a derogatory word I dunno. I for one am perfectly cool with using the word retarded and general banter - although I wouldnt go around calling colleagues or clients or other players that. Social media is THE place where people truly exhibit peak retardation. I dont have a problem with what Jenkins said - I do have a problem with his contract and his play on the field though

Since it started getting used by people like you to degrade and dehumanize others, lol. Thankfully, you’re in the minority on this one.

the silly thing about this is, there is no word with a negative definition that can't be used in a way that is degrading or dehumanizing. The lesson should be, don't be an asshole. I reject all other orthodoxy. 

The end game to this is, whatever the clinical terminology du jour, it will become subverted and used as negative slang. And if you don't understand that.... then clearly, you're retarded mentally disabled. 

11 hours ago, Storm said:

Since it started getting used by people like you to degrade and dehumanize others, lol. Thankfully, you’re in the minority on this one.

I know...thats what I dont get. No matter what terminology you use to refer to people with mental or physical disabilities humans will find a way to use it in a derogatory way. So just let it go already. Its already gotten to a point where people refer to idiots as 'special people'. Cripple was fine...then it became Handicapped, then Disabled...and now differently abled - WTF. It should have stopped at cripple.