SportsWrath

Eli Manning to start vs Eagles.

BlueInCanada

Just now, BlueInCanada said:

Probably not since he couldn't win the other 8 lol

There were two sacks on Manning that Jones doesn’t get sacked on alone. And he’s certainly not being held to 27 passing yards in any half of football. 

7 minutes ago, Storm said:

There were two sacks on Manning that Jones doesn’t get sacked on alone. And he’s certainly not being held to 27 passing yards in any half of football. 

Hasn't Jones been held to under 60 yards in a half twice now?

The Bears and the Pats?

The Minnesota game wasn't that good of a show either.

Let's not act like Jones is some powerhouse offensive player at the moment.

The bigger problem is simply the play calling as it's been most of the year plus the awful Oline play.

Fucking Eli was slinging the ball the first half then for some reason with 11 Eagles defenders within 5 yards of the line if scrimmage Shurmur starts calling intermediate shit.

Jones has experienced this as well.

20 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Hasn't Jones been held to under 60 yards in a half twice now?

The Bears and the Pats?

The Minnesota game wasn't that good of a show either.

Let's not act like Jones is some powerhouse offensive player at the moment.

Far different than being held to 27 against the Eagles. 

7 hours ago, Storm said:

there were also a couple would have been sacks that Manning saw and avoided/threw early that Jones hasn't been seeing. Sack-fumble material in a couple cases.

I would have said three sacks, but one of them brought Manning down by a shoe string.... for Jones, it would have been blind side destruction. 

so I don't know, if Jones holds his own in those situations, then the Giants are probably winning that game. But Jones has been putting the ball on the ground when pressured like that. I also don't think he gets the ball out so quick in a few of those first half plays that went so well. 

8 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

The bigger problem is simply the play calling as it's been most of the year plus the awful Oline play.

You think?  I loved the opening playcall of Barkley up the middle for -4 yards.  Haven't really seen that one this season yet.