SportsWrath

"It's really at the end of the season that John and I are going to sit down and talk about these issues."

BlueInCanada

Atleast one of the owners seems to give a fuck about the Giants being the worst franchise in football the last three years.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001083677/article/giants-steve-tisch-season-has-been-very-frustrating

The New York Giants are playing with a rookie quarterback at the controls and are predictably 2-10 with one month left.

Little of that is surprising. But ineptitude or irrelevance doesn't fly in New York for very long without significant change. That brings us to the question: Is Pat Shurmur's job safe?

"It's been a very frustrating season," Giants co-owner Steve Tisch said Tuesday at a New York March of Dimes luncheon, via WNBC-TV's Bruce Beck. "At the end of the season John Mara and I are gonna get together and discuss the future. As partners we have to be very honest with each other about where we see this team going into the 2020 season."

• BlueInCanada changed the title to "It's really at the end of the season that John and I are going to sit down and talk about these issues."
31 minutes ago, mastershake said:

Talk about removing Chris Mara and Dave Gettlemen, along with Schurmer, I hope.

As much as I want to pull the trigger on Getty and possibly Shurmur o really believe they need to get Chris Mara out of that job.

Since he's been the head of player development and scouting we haven't had much to any luck with developed talent outside of a handful of guys....who Getty promptly let go of or traded away.

My only fear with a complete dismantling of the FO is that the new coach/GM brought in shouldn't have any restrictions such as you have to keep Jones or Barkley etc.

Which means if the next OC doesn't want a power run game or the DC doesn't want a 3-4 defense, suddenly it's another couple years of roster turnover.

And if they suck those two years people will want another fucking rebuild lol

Also another concern of firing two head coaches within four years.

What type of head coaching prospects will it attract?

You think some of those up and coming coaches want to come to an organization that won't even give them more than two years to rebuild?

Could be a slippery slope if the Giants decide to clean house this offseason.

Sure the organization is already in the gutter but why start building a reputation that you won't give anyone the chance to try to get you out of that gutter?

Smells like the Browns organization.

17 minutes ago, mastershake said:

I think McCarthy would come here. There will not be a lot of openings this offseason.

Reports are he really wants the Carolina job.

Why wouldn't he the owner doesn't force him to work with his family member or adhere to some stupid fucking "Giants way" complex which values culture over talent.

Glad we have a 2 and 10 team full of team culture.

21 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Reports are he really wants the Carolina job.

Why wouldn't he the owner doesn't force him to work with his family member or adhere to some stupid fucking "Giants way" complex which values culture over talent.

Glad we have a 2 and 10 team full of team culture.

Lol...and we have a team of "progress behind the scenes."