SportsWrath

Riverboat Ron sent packing.

BlueInCanada

I thought this guy was supposed to be the next best thing?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001083687/article/carolina-panthers-fire-head-coach-ron-rivera

For the first time since early 2011, the Carolina Panthers are no longer coached by Ron Rivera.

Carolina parted ways with the coach Tuesday, the team announced. Secondary coach Perry Fewell has been named interim head coach.

"I believe this is the best decision for the long-term success of our team," Panthers owner David Tepper said in a statement. "I have a great deal of respect for Ron and the contributions he has made to this franchise and to this community. I wish him the best. I will immediately begin the search for the next head coach of the Carolina Panthers."

Also Perry Fewell getting the nod as interim head coach.

Said of every next guy

I think he would be a great addition to the Giants as our new defensive coordinator.  Pay him a lot of money just to do this one thing.  Disappointed in Bettcher's lack of accomplishments these last two years and I expect year three to be more of the same.  Almost sacks, big plays, more former Cardinals.

Lets say Shurmur stays, Bettcher gets fired and rightfully so.  Bring in Rivera to run the defense and if Shurmur can't win in 2020, Giants can promote Rivera to head coach.   If there is going to be a move this offseason in the coaching staff, this should be the one.

• 4 weeks later...