SportsWrath

Giants Packers game day thread

Sephiroth

14 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

How so?

A legitimate pass rushing threat makes the whole defence better.

Or are you thinking Thomas since the Oline is garbage?

I'm thinking Chase Young makes the D average.

We need quality at a couple more positions before the D is complete enough to be up to Giants standards - in the conversation for top of the league.

1 minute ago, CrazedDogs said:

I'm thinking Chase Young makes the D average.

We need quality at a couple more positions before the D is complete enough to be up to Giants standards - in the conversation for top of the league.

I'd take average over what we are seeing now heh

1 minute ago, Sephiroth said:

So I took my kids bowling during the second half. How bad was it? The usual "we didn't make any second half adjustments and the other team scored 14 in the 4th while Nate Solder gave up 3 sacks" deal?

Jones decided to add to his turnover total and secure the Chase Young pick.

Defense couldn't rush Rodgers and he does what he does with time.

Not worried about the draft, we're getting a top player either way.  We have the cap space so I can see a few holes being filled long before the draft.  Have to wonder what is going through the collective minds of Mara, Tisch and Gettleman.

Do they doubt the ability of Shurmur and his staff to win again this season?  If that answer is yes then the development of Daniel Jones will continue under another head coach.  I have seen no progress from game to game even though the team is scoring more points and the defense is surrendering more points.  Progress is wins period and the Giants need to do that before the end of the season.  We can talk about almost sacks, tackles, first downs and touchdowns yet these players are paid to produce results or else it might as well be us out there on the field at a fraction of the cost.

Team might still be fighting for the staff or each other, does not look like they're fighting to win.

My worry with this defense is this - there are players who go the whole season sucking monster dick the entire team - but against the Giants suddenly everyone is a super star. Davante Adams has done nothing but sucked balls all season long. And suddenly against the Giants he is a top 5 WR??? Allen Lazard is playing like a WR No.1. The communication break down in the Giants defense is appalling - just flat out pathetic. Bechter really needs to be replaced with someone more competent.

13 hours ago, Tempest said:

Not worried about the draft, we're getting a top player either way.  We have the cap space so I can see a few holes being filled long before the draft.  Have to wonder what is going through the collective minds of Mara, Tisch and Gettleman.

Do they doubt the ability of Shurmur and his staff to win again this season?  If that answer is yes then the development of Daniel Jones will continue under another head coach.  I have seen no progress from game to game even though the team is scoring more points and the defense is surrendering more points.  Progress is wins period and the Giants need to do that before the end of the season.  We can talk about almost sacks, tackles, first downs and touchdowns yet these players are paid to produce results or else it might as well be us out there on the field at a fraction of the cost.

Team might still be fighting for the staff or each other, does not look like they're fighting to win.

Agreed.  I didn't expect more than six wins this season, but we really needed to see progress from the team. 

Aside from Jones, I haven't seen progress literally anywhere on the team.