SportsWrath

Not to depress people more...

BlueInCanada

Keep in mind too the last great Giant team wasnt even John's creation either.

EA and Coughlin were both Wellington hires while he was still alive.

EA built 90% of the team that carried them to both SBs (yes JR had one good draft in 2007)

And Coughlin was also a Wellington hire.

Since then it's been nothing but downhill in terms of front office/coaching hires.

1 hour ago, BlueInCanada said:

Keep in mind too the last great Giant team wasnt even John's creation either.

EA and Coughlin were both Wellington hires while he was still alive.

EA built 90% of the team that carried them to both SBs (yes JR had one good draft in 2007)

And Coughlin was also a Wellington hire.

Since then it's been nothing but downhill in terms of front office/coaching hires.

This was before my time, but until the late 70s Wellington was highly involved in the team's football operation. And the team was awful. It was only after his brother basically called him out for knowing shit about football that we got a real football exec leading the operation, George Young (who should be in the HoF). 

I see shades of 1978 in Steve Tisch's comments about end of season come to Jesus conversations.

2 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

fairly unique, yeah.... it puts them in the company of teams like Dallas, Washington, and Cincinnati (the owner's daughter runs the show there, lol!... and quite the shit show it is)

Most owners have the sense to stay out of the football side of the operation. This generation of Maras does not. 

Cardinals, Bears, Broncos (recently), Lions, Texans, Colts, Jaguars, Chargers, Patriots, Jets, Raiders...

Well if we agreed this thread would be three posts lower on the page :laugh:

I know everyone is busy looking for scapegoats and I look forward to reading about things being turned around because someone finally stood up to Mara/Tisch, or whatever they imagine is the reason for the team winning.

On 12/7/2019 at 9:47 AM, CrazedDogs said:

I've recently come to the realization that John Mara is not Wellington Mara. Let's refresh our collective memories on who John Mara is - he's a man who isn't worth Tom Coughlin's time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1U6QmgK3gE

It's true. John is like cafeteria meatloaf and his dad was more like Meatloaf Wellington.