SportsWrath

OK... Coaching Changes. Lets hear some Names...

NeMesiS

5 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

It wouldn't concern me either if the next man up wasn't Anthony Lynn. Now that guy is a head coach, and he was successful after replacing Roman. 

I wouldn't take Ryans endorsement one way or another. Does seem like a pure scapegoat operation that they canned Roman after a loss in which they scored 31.

I think the jury is still out on Lynn.  That’s an extremely talented roster that loses a lot of heartbreaking flukey games.  But I do know what you’re saying 

I suspect that Lynn just missed the boat on that formerly mega talented Chargers roster. 

So here's a name.... I thought he was retired, but I just heard a rumor he's the favored guy in Washington.... Marvin Lewis. 

I think it would be worth interviewing him if he's interested in coming back. The guy has like 15 years head coaching experience and a winning record in Cincinnati.... you'll know that's no small feat if you're familiar with how that organization... excuse me, 'organization'.... is run. Poor bastard had to report to the owner's dumbass daughter. You think we have it bad with front office nepotism, at least Chris Mara worked hard to bolster his football resume, even owned/ran a scouting organization for a while. Yeah he's the pro personnel guy, and all you have to do is look at the performance of the team's free agents since he took the reigns of that dept. to know he's a huge problem. But just imagine having your football organization burdened with a little princess who insisted upon a pony and a football team for Christmas. 

I'm only saying to 'interview'... I'd want to know a lot more about how they came to have such a toxic group of people in the locker room. I tend to think Lewis was just working with what he was dealt, and making sacrifices on character was frankly the only way that team could compete since they are much more reliant upon third party scouting services than other teams. But its a question that needs to be asked and well answered. 

1 hour ago, CrazedDogs said:

I suspect that Lynn just missed the boat on that formerly mega talented Chargers roster. 

So here's a name.... I thought he was retired, but I just heard a rumor he's the favored guy in Washington.... Marvin Lewis. 

I think it would be worth interviewing him if he's interested in coming back. The guy has like 15 years head coaching experience and a winning record in Cincinnati.... you'll know that's no small feat if you're familiar with how that organization... excuse me, 'organization'.... is run. Poor bastard had to report to the owner's dumbass daughter. You think we have it bad with front office nepotism, at least Chris Mara worked hard to bolster his football resume, even owned/ran a scouting organization for a while. Yeah he's the pro personnel guy, and all you have to do is look at the performance of the team's free agents since he took the reigns of that dept. to know he's a huge problem. But just imagine having your football organization burdened with a little princess who insisted upon a pony and a football team for Christmas. 

I'm only saying to 'interview'... I'd want to know a lot more about how they came to have such a toxic group of people in the locker room. I tend to think Lewis was just working with what he was dealt, and making sacrifices on character was frankly the only way that team could compete since they are much more reliant upon third party scouting services than other teams. But its a question that needs to be asked and well answered. 

Wow Marvin Lewis. I hadn't even thought of that. I could definitely live with that hire. 

2 minutes ago, mastershake said:

Is Mike McCarthy still a consideration?

I thought he already said no due to not wanting to coach for Giants ownership?

He wants to coach for Jurriah and that team.

I don't blame him Giants are a dumpster fire of an organization the last 10 years.

Why would you want to go to a team that will fire you after two bad seasons?

2 hours ago, BronxRik said:

Fuck McDaniels. So he can pull a Colts on us? The apple doesn't fall far from the Bellichick tree. Screw that.

Yeah I don't get the McDaniels love. Already failed once, fucked the Colts and Belichick has literally the worst coaching tree I've ever seen. Is there one guy he groomed that was successful elsewhere? 

7 hours ago, Iceman_NYG said:

Someone please enlighten me as to why everyone is hanging on to Matt Rhule's jockstrap. What has he done to warrant such interest in a HC job in the NFL?

Turned around two college bottom-feeders in record time. People hoping he can turn around this bottom-feeders in the same way. 

8 hours ago, Iceman_NYG said:

Someone please enlighten me as to why everyone is hanging on to Matt Rhule's jockstrap. What has he done to warrant such interest in a HC job in the NFL?

he sounds like a head coach is the big thing. He's an intense guy, reminds me a lot of Parcells, crossed with a healthy dose of generic high school coach... but in a good way. 

Don't know enough about his football acumen to have a serious opinion... I'm going to try to find some info on it.

His philosophy as he explains it is perfect though.... smashmouth guy who is not shy about implementing any and all tactics that will give him an advantage. There's a talk making the rounds that he gave to high school coaches about implementing the spread offense, the bottom line gist being, do what your players do well. 

12 hours ago, Iceman_NYG said:

Turned around a couple college teams like Sep has said.

Also he's a big culture first type of guy, he want's every single player on the team to live and breath winning football games, much like Carroll has established in Seattle.

Supposed to be a pretty good scout as well, wants some control over personnel and scouting, which will be the biggest hurdle if the Giants want him.

Will Mara and company give up that type of control?

Keep in mind Mara has already stated they would have no problem dumping Getty if the new coach doesnt agree with him.

4 hours ago, MakeMeSomeFoodHo said:

They need a good black head coach. And a good white tight end. 

Rhule is really tan, does that count?

And Marvin Lewis is black. Let's hear him out.

But from the interviews we're seeing so far, sounds like they're going for a younger guy.