SportsWrath

Barkley: High ankle sprain

Herc

Like I said as long as Barkley is healthy and back to 100 percent I hope he plays, but I don't want to rush him back for a more than likely middle of the pack season. Why risk further injury or a complete ligament tear by trying to get him back in the line up as quickly as possible if he isn't ready to be? Especially if the Giants lose or split these next 4 to six weeks.

I don't know what you seen from the defence but you take away one bad kick and they lost us the game Sunday.

Next time they might not be as lucky or you know not against a team stupid enough to take a delay of game penalty on the winning kick.

Actually aside from Jack Rabbit shitting the bed, Id say the defense played their best game so far this season.... this is a very young group of guys who are putting it together as the season progresses...

Now with respect to Barkley, he only needs to be back when hes 100% and not a day earlier.

Actually aside from Jack Rabbit shitting the bed, Id say the defense played their best game so far this season.... this is a very young group of guys who are putting it together as the season progresses...

Now with respect to Barkley, he only needs to be back when hes 100% and not a day earlier.

I agree - they were getting decent push against the TB OL, and overall it was decent. Jackrabbit decided to fuck up the entire team - dude had given up 150 yrds and 3 TDs AT THE HALF! All they had to do was heave it Evans and Jackrabbit would be hopping and hauling ass 5 steps behind him

Barkley won't require surgury according to NFL.com after a second opinion.

However expected return time frame remains at 4 to 6 weeks.

All you can do is hope for the best and let the guy heal.

Going to be hard for Barkley guy seems like the ultimate competitor, would probably chop his leg off if it meant he could play quicker.

Depending on what grade the sprain is, it could take a year to fully recover...youre better off breaking your ankle than having a bad sprian like a bad grade 2 or a grade 3.

I had a grade three sprain and needed two surgeries and a lengthy rehab to get it to normal....and im not anything close to a pro athlete. And even after all that...its still bothersome and i dont have full rab3of motion.

Sprains are no joke

Dude's already doing practice drills and cuts and shit. This dude came in a pod from outer space man!

I don't know anyone who's had more ankle sprains than me... and the worst kinds too. Nothing sidelined me for more than two weeks (that was my younger years... I haven't been active enough in a few years to test that)... I think younger more athletic individuals tend to recover a lot faster... and you can add in the adrenaline ingredient (or getting warmed up I guess)... I'd start playing again on a 70% healed sprain and during the game I wouldn't feel pain but after, that's when the pain comes back...

I'm excited our guy is ahead of schedule...

I don't know anyone who's had more ankle sprains than me... and the worst kinds too. Nothing sidelined me for more than two weeks (that was my younger years... I haven't been active enough in a few years to test that)... I think younger more athletic individuals tend to recover a lot faster... and you can add in the adrenaline ingredient (or getting warmed up I guess)... I'd start playing again on a 70% healed sprain and during the game I wouldn't feel pain but after, that's when the pain comes back...

I'm excited our guy is ahead of schedule...

I second this. An ankle sprain never sidelined me either. However, I also dont have the torque coming off a cut that Barkley has nor 300 lb dudes tackling me. So I am hesitant to just be like, hey, its just an ankle sprain. But hey, its just an ankle sprain. Painful but never really hampered me.

I don't think I knew this prior to reading up on Barkley's injury, but apparently a high ankle sprain is a sort of misnomer as the injury isn't in the ankle at all, but rather stretching/tearing between the two bones in the lower leg. To come back from that in just four weeks is practically superhuman, let alone the pace Barkley is on.

I don't think I knew this prior to reading up on Barkley's injury, but apparently a high ankle sprain is a sort of misnomer as the injury isn't in the ankle at all, but rather stretching/tearing between the two bones in the lower leg. To come back from that in just four weeks is practically superhuman, let alone the pace Barkley is on.

There's no such thing as superhuman... body tissue is body tissue... but I think the more athletic and lighter (in terms of weight) the person is the easier and faster the recovery... My podiatrist was floored when he learned I was running 5 months after a torn achellis (complete tear) surgery... I was actually running but not a lot or long distances less than 3 months after but I didn't tell him... but I was young and very athletic... have the same surgery now and I may take a few months longer to recover.

There is no way..no matter how young or athletic you might be, that youre running around 2 weeks after a severe ankle sprain. Only a grade 1 would that be possible.

A sprain is a stretch(grade 1), partial tear(grade 2) or full tear( grade 3) of the ligaments. You cant walk for 2 weeks after a grade 2.

You guys probably only had grade 1 sprains...which are painful but arent too debilitating after a few days of rice therapy. You can wven walk on them right afterwards.

7 days after initial sprain

https://photos.app.goo.gl/drkMin3TTP1Xp3mj7

There is no way..no matter how young or athletic you might be, that youre running around 2 weeks after a severe ankle sprain. Only a grade 1 would that be possible.

A sprain is a stretch(grade 1), partial tear(grade 2) or full tear( grade 3) of the ligaments. You cant walk for 2 weeks after a grade 2.

You guys probably only had grade 1 sprains...which are painful but arent too debilitating after a few days of rice therapy. You can wven walk on them right afterwards.

7 days after initial sprain

https://photos.app.goo.gl/drkMin3TTP1Xp3mj7

I used to have black and blue ankle although not that high... and I sprained my ankles a lot... so much so that in my older years I started wearing ankle braces which of course made me slower as shit...

I used to have black and blue ankle although not that high... and I sprained my ankles a lot... so much so that in my older years I started wearing ankle braces which of course made me slower as shit...

yeah a grade one will swell and bruise but it wont hurt like a grade two or three. You can manage on a grade one and have very little to almost no restrictions after a few days.

Trust me..a bad grade 2 or a full tear grade 3 sprian will have you on crutches for at least two weeks and then a cam boot. You wont be able to run competitively for at least 6 weeks. Assuming there arent any setbacks like a hematoma or cellulitis...or surgery