SportsWrath

NY Giants vs. Buffalo Bills

BronxRik

Baker looks terrible , is he injured still ?

He was supposed to be a shut down corner in college. He doesnt look ready to play in the NFL yet

The college to NFL transition is probably the hardest for CBs, more so than QB I think.

There's a lot they can get away with in college that doesn't fly in the NFL, it takes a season or two to adjust to the NFL game.

Plus for some reason he was playing 7 yards off the WR most of the time, which is the Tim Lewis way of losing games.

Very disappointing outcome. My expectations are low so it's not even about the L, it's the lack of progression in areas of weakness.

I don't think we can point to the coaches as the problem. That is two weeks now they've come out with a strong game plan and both stopped them on D early in the game, and moved the ball well early in the game. That tells me there's a game plan.

Then the other team comes off the field and drops the info on who isn't a real NFL player out there, and its all over. Only as good as your weakest link, and we have several to choose from.

I prescribe patience with Baker... That was rough, but he's going to improve. (Unlike Hamilton.... good guy to have as the last CB on your bench... not a starter.)

The college to NFL transition is probably the hardest for CBs, more so than QB I think.

There's a lot they can get away with in college that doesn't fly in the NFL, it takes a season or two to adjust to the NFL game.

Plus for some reason he was playing 7 yards off the WR most of the time, which is the Tim Lewis way of losing games.

I really don't think that is true, after several of us, me included, had commented about it, I noticed he was much more often in press man, especially on first and second down. I think there was an adjustment made. Off coverage is really not his thing.

I really don't think that is true, after several of us, me included, had commented about it, I noticed he was much more often in press man, especially on first and second down. I think there was an adjustment made. Off coverage is really not his thing.

Maybe not every play, but on almost every third down, the CBs gave the WRs a massive cushion.

And I don't know why.

I don't think we can point to the coaches as the problem. That is two weeks now they've come out with a strong game plan and both stopped them on D early in the game, and moved the ball well early in the game. That tells me there's a game plan.

I disagree. This team has been built to run the ball but as soon as we go down a score they start asking a 38 year old QB to fling it all over the field... to Cody Lattimer and Bennie Fowler. This game plan is awful and honestly I think Shurmur gets rattled when the opponent starts scoring.

Rightly said on NFL.com - This Giants offensive playbook looks like it was airmailed from 1985. Pathetic.

Twice in a row we march down the field and score at the start and then suddenly if the other team scores, we completely mail the game plan in and go full retard. Shurmur doesnt seem like the right coach for this team - he is someone who can work with talent. Not a team builder with balls to get guys in line like Coughlin. Get him back god damn it!

I disagree. This team has been built to run the ball but as soon as we go down a score they start asking a 38 year old QB to fling it all over the field... to Cody Lattimer and Bennie Fowler. This game plan is awful and honestly I think Shurmur gets rattled when the opponent starts scoring.

I'm reasonably sure Barkley was hurt on the second drive. He took himself out of the game, and when he came back in the game plan was different, the downhill run game was put on the back burner. (I'm surprised so few people noticed him obviously in pain and wave to the sideline to come out of the game on that drive.... the popular opinion seems to be that Shurmur is an idiot for taking Barkley out of the game so early, LOL!)

and here's the other thing about riding Barkley.... okay, lets say he's 100% and we ride him hard....is this team going to win a few more games? Yeah.... but what is the damn point of winning a few more regular season games and maybe making the playoffs if it's likely to cost you the only guy that could advance the team in the playoffs? Not a whole lot if you ask me.... this team needs a hell of a lot more than just Barkley. This team needs other guys to get the touches and get the experience so that maybe, just maybe, they can develop the skills to be an adequate player on a team that could make the playoffs with or without the star running back. And then, once we have that, then it makes sense to ride Barkley hard when we need a little extra for the W.

The point isn't to win a week 2 game. The point is to win championships.

I'm reasonably sure Barkley was hurt on the second drive. He took himself out of the game, and when he came back in the game plan was different, the downhill run game was put on the back burner. (I'm surprised so few people noticed him obviously in pain and wave to the sideline to come out of the game on that drive.... the popular opinion seems to be that Shurmur is an idiot for taking Barkley out of the game so early, LOL!)

and here's the other thing about riding Barkley.... okay, lets say he's 100% and we ride him hard....is this team going to win a few more games? Yeah.... but what is the damn point of winning a few more regular season games and maybe making the playoffs if it's likely to cost you the only guy that could advance the team in the playoffs? Not a whole lot if you ask me.... this team needs a hell of a lot more than just Barkley. This team needs other guys to get the touches and get the experience so that maybe, just maybe, they can develop the skills to be an adequate player on a team that could make the playoffs with or without the star running back. And then, once we have that, then it makes sense to ride Barkley hard when we need a little extra for the W.

If you dont win the games each week you will never win a championship. If the dude is hurt you sit him, don't risk his season for one game, but if he is healthy he should be the center of this offense every game

If you dont win the games each week you will never win a championship. If the dude is hurt you sit him, don't risk his season for one game, but if he is healthy he should be the center of this offense every game

Maybe that would have been the smarter play, just sit him down and go with Gallman.

I guess they figure a limited, 80% Barkley is better than Gallman at 100%.

I missed the first quarter so didn't see that... but if he went back in I think he was probably good enough to play. Tiki Barber used to come out dinged up every week... then he'd rip off a 60 yard TD on the next drive. Players get dinged up.

I'm with Gorilla too... if you spent a #2 overall pick on a player, you play him... not wait to save him for later.