SportsWrath

Bold Predictions

Sephiroth

Dunno what's been wrong with me the past few years... oh, that's right, the NFL has been putting out a shittier product every year and I care about football a lot less... but I've decided to start another bold predictions thread this year. I'm on a lunch break so fuck it.

Those of you who have been here for a while remember this used to be an annual thing. As always, I've predicted everything 100% correctly all the time with 100% accuracy, so you can all take these bold predictions to the bank.

Anyways, my bold predictions:

1. Daniel Jones doesn't take a meaningful rep all year. Eli has historically been at his best with a good offensive line and everyone saying how he needs to be replaced. This year, he has a terrific O-line and everyone is saying how we need to start Daniel Jones. Expect Eli to put up career numbers and the Giants will have a QB controversy headed into the offseason.

2. C.J. Conrad is the starting TE by week ten. I like Evan Engram but he does one thing. Conrad does three things, and does them really well. He's also lighting it up in camp and has been compared favorably to Jason Witten. When Engram starts his "nagging injuries are keeping me off the field' schtick, expect Conrad to slide into that position and not let it go.

3. Saquon Barkley leads the league in yards from scrimmage... again. He'll be in the running for MVP, but the league will give it to Pat Mahomes and his six zillion passing yards or Tom Baby when he cries that he didn't get it. Saquon really deserves it however, as there is no #1 receiver to take the heat off of him.

4. Lorenzo Carter makes everyone forget about whoever that guy we traded to Cleveland was. He's going to finish with double-digit sacks this seasons and will take a gigantic leap forward into being a near household-name. Dude looks like a monster so far.

5. The Giants will have a top-5 secondary during the second half of the season. Jenkins continues to play pretty well, Baker takes the 2nd CB job and doesn't let it go, Love and Haley make great slot corners, and even Ballentine and Sam Beal prove to be great players when they see the field. I wouldn't even be surprised if Jenkins is traded by midseason.

Bonus - Giants just miss the playoffs at 9-7, but the arrow is pointing up with great play from a lot of youngsters and 100 million in cap room next season.

1. Barkley wins MVP of the league. Puts up close to 1600 yards rushing with another 850 yards receiving, along with 20+TDs on the year. Giants extend Barkley in the offseason with an 7 year 108 million dollar contract, trying to avoid situations like Elliot/Bell/Gordon and it being the best off season to blow cap space. Gettleman promises the media "We didnt sign him just to trade him"

2. Bethea doesn't finish the year as the starting safety, Love replaces him at some point in the starting line up. Jenkins finishes the season on IR, Baker and Beal are the starting corners by week 8. Although improved the secondary still isnt at a competitive level but shows signs of being one of the best in coming seasons.

3. Carter/Golden/OX/Lawrence combine for more than 35+ sacks. Lawrence gets a pro bowl nod and defensive rookie of the year consideration by putting up a 65 tackle, 8.5 sack year.

4. The Giants WRs combined finish with just under 2000 yards receiving, Barkley and Engram combine for more than 2100 yards receiving. In the offseason Engram is officially position changed to WR.

5. Eli has one of his best years, with almost 4600 yards to match 38 TDs, however Giants management let him walk in the off season and he signs a two year 75 million dollar contract with the New Orleans Saints after Brees retires. Gettleman drafts a QB in round two who is projected to be a better prospect than Jones.

W/L - Giants finish 10-6 with an explosive run game and pass rush, but the lack of any real WR threat in the passing game and secondary lead by rookies costs them in a wildcard loss to the Seahawks.

LMAO

1. Eli Manning straight garbage

2. Teams are going to load the box against Saquon

3. Carter will have four sacks when teams can block him

4. We have 18 nose tackles for a 3 man front

5. Secondary will give up roughly 6000 passing yards

6. We'll be 4-12

And because Mara likes to be boring nothing will change in 2020

LMAO

6. We'll be 4-12

Well... someone didn't stay at a holiday inn express last night.

Honestly his are probably the most accurate out of any predictions in this thread.

Honestly none is near accurate.. either you're too optimistic or a Debbie Downer... It's somewhere in the middle brother... this team is definitely better than last year... both at the QB position and the OL position... and our D may go thru growing pains this year but I expect it to be a little better than last year and will get better as the season progresses... I think we finish above 1 game above or under .500.

I didn't get to see Daniel Jones last night and by the time I turned on the TV is when they decided to stop the game due to weather conditions...

Nothing bold. I think we go 8-8. We're gonna be better than last year, but the defense is gonna be fucking terrible.

That's my prediction as well.

Offesivly I think they will be the same or better than last year probably slightly better because of the Oline the biggest hold back is going to be Elis cieling this year.

The defense though still doesn't have any proven pass rush and the secondary is going to have growing pains for next season or two, we are going to have a lot of blown coverages simply because of the rookies not knowing assignments and brain fart moments during games.

Not to mentiin the LB core is still pretty sub par.

I expect 8-8 to 9-7 with a possible push at a wild card spot since the NFC is kinda trash.

LMAO

6. We'll be 4-12

You're clearly jealous of my genius. Not that I blame you.

• 4 months later...
On 8/7/2019 at 11:50 AM, Sephiroth said:

Dunno what's been wrong with me the past few years... oh, that's right, the NFL has been putting out a shittier product every year and I care about football a lot less... but I've decided to start another bold predictions thread this year. I'm on a lunch break so fuck it.

Those of you who have been here for a while remember this used to be an annual thing. As always, I've predicted everything 100% correctly all the time with 100% accuracy, so you can all take these bold predictions to the bank.

Anyways, my bold predictions:

1. Daniel Jones doesn't take a meaningful rep all year. Eli has historically been at his best with a good offensive line and everyone saying how he needs to be replaced. This year, he has a terrific O-line and everyone is saying how we need to start Daniel Jones. Expect Eli to put up career numbers and the Giants will have a QB controversy headed into the offseason.

2. C.J. Conrad is the starting TE by week ten. I like Evan Engram but he does one thing. Conrad does three things, and does them really well. He's also lighting it up in camp and has been compared favorably to Jason Witten. When Engram starts his "nagging injuries are keeping me off the field' schtick, expect Conrad to slide into that position and not let it go.

3. Saquon Barkley leads the league in yards from scrimmage... again. He'll be in the running for MVP, but the league will give it to Pat Mahomes and his six zillion passing yards or Tom Baby when he cries that he didn't get it. Saquon really deserves it however, as there is no #1 receiver to take the heat off of him.

4. Lorenzo Carter makes everyone forget about whoever that guy we traded to Cleveland was. He's going to finish with double-digit sacks this seasons and will take a gigantic leap forward into being a near household-name. Dude looks like a monster so far.

5. The Giants will have a top-5 secondary during the second half of the season. Jenkins continues to play pretty well, Baker takes the 2nd CB job and doesn't let it go, Love and Haley make great slot corners, and even Ballentine and Sam Beal prove to be great players when they see the field. I wouldn't even be surprised if Jenkins is traded by midseason.

Bonus - Giants just miss the playoffs at 9-7, but the arrow is pointing up with great play from a lot of youngsters and 100 million in cap room next season.

Right on the money AGAIN. 

On 8/9/2019 at 5:43 AM, Bigblue25 said:

LMAO

6. We'll be 4-12

Mods, please ban this negative hack.  His Debbie Downer approach is really bringing down the entire board and he clearly has no clue what he's talking about. 

On 8/7/2019 at 12:10 PM, BlueInCanada said:

2. Bethea doesn't finish the year as the starting safety, Love replaces him at some point in the starting line up. Jenkins finishes the season on IR, Baker and Beal are the starting corners by week 8. Although improved the secondary still isnt at a competitive level but shows signs of being one of the best in coming seasons.

I got one sorta kinda right.