SportsWrath

So what happens if Eli has a a carrer year?

BlueInCanada

Do you let the number sixth pick in the draft sit another year on the bench in 2020?

Does Eli get a two year extension?

I mean obviously if Eli shits the bed then he's out the door and Jones is starting but what if he has an MVP type of year?

unsurprising given the McAdoo and Shurmur schemes and the lack of quality protection, Eli has been getting that ball out as fast as anyone the last few years.

Exactly.

Can't throw the ball downfield when you have 1.8 seconds to throw.

Exactly.

Can't throw the ball downfield when you have 1.8 seconds to throw.

I think one of the more impressive aspects of Eli's career is that he's adapted to some extremely varied offenses. Gilbride to McAdoo to Shurmur, those are three very different concepts.

And how he changed when the OL went south too.... not sure it's for the better, but he quickly learned to survive out there.

It would be in the best interest of Eli Manning to cash in on it elsewhere than to take a two year extension. Quite simply, he'll make more money elsewhere with less scrutiny. I believe Eli Manning will have a great year and this question is going to be a media talking point during the second half of the season.

Eli Manning doesn't need the money, he needs a team that is going to commit to him and money has that effect.

If he wins a super bowl, I think he goes out on top like his brother. What better storybook ending would there be for that family? If he has an amazing year, like prop-bowl caliber 4,500 yards and 35 td's with single digit int's, I think they extend him a year and let Jones sit another year.

But I think it'll be hard for Eli to have the kind of year statistically to win another year because the offense will go through Barkley.

I have a feeling Eli is gonna have a career year. This is the first time since he has started where there is a real possibility he gets benched for not performing well. Minus the Macadoo mess, but no one saw that coming.

He has had since the draft to chew on this. I think he rises to the occasion.