SportsWrath

Welcome to the Giants

BlueInCanada

On 4/27/2019 at 10:41 AM, BlueInCanada said:

The only thing I think about is, lets say they waited one more year for Herbert and Tuamania.

What if they finish with an 8-8 or 9-7 record? maybe better? They have a relatively weak schedule this year.

The Giants end up in the mid to late teens and they need to trade up to #1/#2 for either of these guys, what type of cost will it be? Multiple first and second round picks by any account.

Just to trade grab Eli they ended up trading a boat load of picks, imagine what it would cost to buy the throne from the king next year?

Also what if they end up in the top five? And they are sitting in a position where some team wants to grab their pick to grab one of these QBs next year, imagine the draft haul the Giants COULD GET for that spot and end up building off of it with Jones already on the bench waiting.

All hypothetical obviously but I mean thinking about it next year, the Giants put themselves in a position where they don't have to mortgage their future for Tua/Hebert or in a position where they could be getting a kings ransom of picks if they end up losing out the season again.

I better go buy myself a lotto ticket.

On 4/21/2020 at 1:57 PM, BlueInCanada said:

I better go buy myself a lotto ticket.

Lol. I was having a stroll down memory lane today too and came across this

I'd still take my picks over Reese's. Kittle and Cunningham are top-notch, and Lamp could be a player if he could just stay healthy (like the guy we took that year). 

in a way, I blame Marc Ross. It all went to shit after he arrived.

in the Reese years, it turned bizarre how their player evaluation would shift from draft to draft. Some years they're making picks based entirely on upside (JPP), and others purely based on need (Pugh). They realize they have a character problem and turn to drafting only team captains.... But lets throw in an Ereck Flowers and an Eli Apple while we're at it.