SportsWrath

Eagles trade for Howard from the Bears.

BlueInCanada

And you're entitled to yours... I'll stick with a reduced YPG, YPC, and overall rushing yards is "declining..." you can stick with "that's maintaining" or "improving" or whatever it looks like in Phily with green-colored glasses on. :D

Care to wager who has a better record at the end of the year? My Eagles and their declining RB or your Giants with their superstar RB? Seems like a lock for you if you believe what your typing. :D

Care to wager who has a better record at the end of the year? My Eagles and their declining RB or your Giants with their superstar RB? Seems like a lock for you if you believe what your typing. :D

Dude... I love ya BG but are you high or something? My argument is that Jordan Howard is a). Declining, as evidenced by his stats (which have gone down every year), and b). not a game-breaking player at this point in his career.

We've been talking RB stats this whole time... I'll bet you that his stats aren't as good as Barkley by the end of the season...why would I bet that the Giants end up with a better record? The Eagles are a year removed from a Super Bowl and the Giants haven't been good in seven years. :huh:

Dude... I love ya BG but are you high or something? My argument is that Jordan Howard is a). Declining, as evidenced by his stats (which have gone down every year), and b). not a game-breaking player at this point in his career.

We've been talking RB stats this whole time... I'll bet you that his stats aren't as good as Barkley by the end of the season...why would I bet that the Giants end up with a better record? The Eagles are a year removed from a Super Bowl and the Giants haven't been good in seven years. :huh:

Because Egils logic lol

I even agree I think Howard is a much better back then what posters here are giving him credit for.

But wagering the capability on a RB on team record is just idiocy lol

You never know? What if Wentz goes down in the 4th game of the season? Or Barkley? It's any one's guess at this point in the off season. Hell, I don't even know who our other RB is yet.

Cried ye of little faith.

Cried ye of little logic lol

So you're saying player capability is based solely on team record?

You never know? What if Wentz goes down in the 4th game of the season? Or Barkley? It's any one's guess at this point in the off season. Hell, I don't even know who our other RB is yet.

Once again none of this has anything to do with player ability.

So you're saying Wentz goes down every single player on the Eagles is trash because they might finish with a worse record?

Or that Barkley was a worse RB than Sony Michel because NE won the SB and Barkley was at home?

lol

Cried ye of little logic lol

So you're saying player capability is based solely on team record?

Once again none of this has anything to do with player ability.

So you're saying Wentz goes down every single player on the Eagles is trash because they might finish with a worse record?

Or that Barkley was a worse RB than Sony Michel because NE won the SB and Barkley was at home?

lol

I don't believe I ever said that. Or that, or that. I'm just looking for a wager during the off season. Odds are about even at this point in the game.

I don't believe I ever said that. Or that, or that. I'm just looking for a wager during the off season. Odds are about even at this point in the game.

So you're saying that in a thread where you did nothing but talk about Howard, it's now suddenly about team record?

That SB win got you seeing stupid BG lol

So you're saying that in a thread where you did nothing but talk about Howard, it's now suddenly about team record?

That SB win got you seeing stupid BG lol

The thread is about Howard, can you blame a guy for doing a lil baiting in hopes of a wager?

This wager maybe tougher than you think... The Giants' biggest problem was the OL and there's an argument to be made that it has already been fixed and that's not taking into account further fixes... Also take into account that the team didn't miss a beat when ODB was out of games... We all know the Eagles' super bowl is when they play the Giants... which goes to show that even though you've had the upper hand in head to head, it still irks you that it will take a couple of more trophies to catch up... and that probably will never happen. Let's not gloat just yet...

This wager maybe tougher than you think... The Giants' biggest problem was the OL and there's an argument to be made that it has already been fixed and that's not taking into account further fixes... Also take into account that the team didn't miss a beat when ODB was out of games... We all know the Eagles' super bowl is when they play the Giants... which goes to show that even though you've had the upper hand in head to head, it still irks you that it will take a couple of more trophies to catch up... and that probably will never happen. Let's not gloat just yet...

Who's gloating? I just want a wager, and no... 3-4 years ago it was a great match up. Now it's just another game. I don't do tit for tat, so catching up on Lombardi's isn't in my wheel house. It's between the Eagles and Cowboys right now for the NFCE. The Skins and Giants aren't much more than an afterthought. I mean, Case Keenum could very well surprise everyone like he did in Minnesota for the Skins, but your team is pretty much dead in the water for at least 2 years (likely more like 3-5 years). Duke Johnson is on the bubble right now as well. He'd be a good fit for my offense. He's like Sproles 2.0. The Cowboys and the Eagles are the only 2 left in the hunt for him right now, and I have to think we have the upper hand on that one since our new VP of personnel gave him his rookie contract in Cleveland. If that comes to fruition, we can focus our draft picks on O and D line and still start the summer with 15+ mil under the cap.

I dont get what all the yapping is about.

Its a good signing - thats it. Its not some fucking mindblowing, game-changing, paradigm-shifting, earth-shattering, league-altering signing. Howard is not going to have a big contribution to the Eagles's record - he will be used as a utility player and will be useful for the Eagles. Now STFU - you guys are making it as if Eagles got Barry Sanders and Ladanian Tomlinson's love-child during a threesome with Todd Gurley at a dirt cheap price

Its a good signing - thats it. Its not some fucking mindblowing, game-changing, paradigm-shifting, earth-shattering, league-altering signing. Howard is not going to have a big contribution to the Eagles's record - he will be used as a utility player and will be useful for the Eagles. Now STFU - you guys are making it as if Eagles got Barry Sanders and Ladanian Tomlinson's love-child during a threesome with Todd Gurley at a dirt cheap price

lol well said.

To be fair, we did get Howard at a dirt cheap price and he's money in short yardage situations. He's no Barkley, but then again, Wentz isn't a "Mongo Manning."

To be fair, we did get Howard at a dirt cheap price and he's money in short yardage situations. He's no Barkley, but then again, Wentz isn't a "Mongo Manning."

Manning earned his stripes... It's not fair to compare your youngin who's oft hurt to the aging ironman we have...

As I said, its a good signing and you got him and dirt-cheap value. He is not exactly a game changer and might help out in short yardage or pass blocking situations. Thats it. As you said - if was a Barkley type player then we can discuss as much as the others have already yapped on this thread. He is a decent addition - about as much as Golden Tate is for the Giants.

Dont get where the Wentz Manning thing cropped up from?

As I said, its a good signing and you got him and dirt-cheap value. He is not exactly a game changer and might help out in short yardage or pass blocking situations. Thats it. As you said - if was a Barkley type player then we can discuss as much as the others have already yapped on this thread. He is a decent addition - about as much as Golden Tate is for the Giants.

Dont get where the Wentz Manning thing cropped up from?

It's just me stirring the pot :)