SportsWrath

QB Hell

Virginia Giant

Avoid QB Hell  

12 members have voted

1. 1. How should the Giants handle the QB situation

• Trade up for Murray
    • Draft Haskins (possibly having to trade up a few spots)
    • Ride with Lulu
    • Trade for Rosen (17th pick)
    • Trade for another QB with extensive experience (Like Winston/Bridgewater)
    • Trade for a younger/less experienced QB (Beathard, Kizor)
    • Trade down in 2019 to trade up in 2020
    • Trade for another specific player (name them)

huh? I thought the Giants got a 1st, 3rd, and a player?

Well I thought that was a crazy haul for Brissett, but the big difference there is that Brissett played well. Rosen was on a shit team so I don't know who expected him to play well, but.... he didn't play well none the less, and spent a year getting his head bashed in, potentially screwing up the mental part of the game for the rest of his career. I think Rosen would have more value today had he sat the bench all 2018.

I'm sure they wouldn't! --- its the 32nd overall pick, about equal in value to our 2nd round pick. (I'd be down with trading our 2nd for Rosen too.)

of course there is. The longer he plays poorly for a shit team, the more his value depreciates.

Brissett played in two games and didn't show much he didn't even throw a TD and still managed to be traded to a QB needy team for a first, keep in mind he's a third round pick. What makes you think that Rosen won't be able to get a first from a team who loses their starting guy?

So your saying Rosen is damaged goods behind the Oline, why then force Murray behind that same line and risk the same thing happening to him? If the Cardinals even go Murray.

It would make more sense for them to trot Rosen out there, and see what condition the Oline is in before throwing Murray into the fire. They could easily trade Rosen mid season for 2nd round pick and your kidding yourself if you don't think some team out there wouldn't do it lol

I actually thought Brissett played well before the trade (he looked good in preseason too), but I can't disagree that giving up a 1st for him was nuts.

I suspect the real play here is to pretend to want Murray to drive up trade demand for the 1st overall. As many needs as that team has, the one thing I can't see them doing is holding both QBs.

Yeah as an aside... why do teams keep giving up first round picks to the Patriots that clearly aren't worth it? The same thing happened with Brandon Cooks.

They made the same mistake themselves when they got him from the saints. The rams just bailed them out a year later

Haskins is hard to figure out.... I like his arm, his quick release. And I can't help but notice how well his game seems to fit with Shurmur's offense.

I also note that I'm not sure he moves any better than Eli does, even today.... He's certainly not much more athletic than Eli, if any.

the damn thing about this crop of QBs, they could all be really good, but none of them are close to sure things, each lacks something significant. I think they're all 2nd tier prospects, late 1st on kind of guys.

Yep

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/nfl/new-york-giants/ContentGallery/Dwayne-Haskins-Giants-draft-profile--130314890/Amp/

Giants still showing a lot of interest in Haskins, hopefully Getty just doing his due diligence

Show a lot of interest in many players, these stories are just about getting clicks. Gettleman said they might get a QB, I will laugh when they draft Kyle Shurmur.

Not when they do it at 17 you won't

I will laugh even if they do it in the first round. Jump into the car, drive down to East Rutherford, pickup a burning torch at the gate, join the others marching on the stadium...

Call me crazy but I think the Giants target QB Lock with the 17th pick... assuming hes still there. I have a feeling 3 or 4 QBs go in top 18 picks.

I saw that predicted by USA Today, with an Edge Rusher at #6.